Really freaked out

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies, my name is Sadie. I'm from the April 2005 and Moms of Gradeschoolers boards. I, obviously, have a 9 month old born just this past year. I also have an 8 yo., and my DH is a wonderful man with a few issues (like depression...but he tries very hard, and is great with the kids, but he worries, a LOT).

Well, to make a long story short...DH and I, for fear of becoming pregnant again, have not had relations except for once since my DD was born. At the time we did, I was BFing, on the mini-pill, and he wore protection. I'm 99%sure we haven't any other time, because we tried once, but to put it delicately, he couldn't. That was 7 months ago. I've not had any issues.

Well, two weeks ago I started having what I described as "phantom kicks". I brushed them off. What was ACTUALLY bothering me was the fact that I was still ten pounds over Pre-preg and my boobs were still a D-cup and occasionally leaking despite me not Bfing for six months because DD had a failure to thrive adn we switched to formula. All of this led me to conclude that I had another non-functioning cyst. I've had one before, when my son was born a year later I had surgery to remove a 5 pound cyst that had completely ate up my rightt ovary. So, when I got some small pains on my left side, I figured it was just another cyst. Besides, I couldn't be about 7 months along and only be 10lbs over...right?

Well, today I bought a HPT to prove myself right...and I ended up proving myself wrong. The test came out positive. Now I have no idea what to do. We are SOOO tight with money as it is...and our house is just not big enough for 5. I go tomorrow for the blood test to make sure...but I have to admit I'm really freaked out and scared...more so than when I was single and pregnant 8 years ago.

Thank you for letting me vent...

Sadie
January 18th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My hubby knows now. I called him at work and asked him to get out early because we needed to talk.

He took it better than I did. Reminded me that it wasn't a bad thing, just a BIG thing. I have faith that one way or another it will work out, but it's still very overwhelming right now. Tomorrow I will be making a run to the OB's office for the blood test to confirm, so by tomorrow I'll know for sure if I belong on this board or not!! I'll have to wait for an ultrasound to confirm EDD because I really have NO clue when DH and I did...we sat for 30 minutes and debated if there was any other time other than 2 months after DD was born, but we couldn't remember for sure (boy, aren't we enthusiastic with the sex drives ). So, the only way to be sure is with an ultrasound.

I'll keep you all informed...and hopefully calm down a bit more by then. DH is being great...although he is currently crashing (his body shuts down when he's hit with stress...I was expecting him to crash quickly once he found out)...so when he wakes up he'll be in more of a position to talk about it more.

We did both agree that the worst part would be that we'll probably have to get a *gasp* minivan
January 18th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My oldest is, he's 8...and he keeps Molly entertained quite well...but Molly is only 9 months herself...sooooo...we're looking at a BIG older brother and then two really close ones. Blessing and a curse either way (close or far apart)...

We *could* squeeze the two car seats and a booster seat into the back of the Honda...but it's unlikely to happy *G*
January 19th, 2006, 05:51 AM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My third was born in November, and I will never forget looking at that HPT. My husband's first comment was..."There goes that four seater I have been wanting". I was freaked.

Now that she's here, I couldn't imagine life without her. It will be ok, I promise.

Congratulations!
January 19th, 2006, 07:39 AM
nat81
Wow! What a suprise! At least your DH is being supportive... you'll work things out

Congrats!
January 19th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
WEll, hubby and I had TALKED About having a 3rd...but adopting (he was adopted himself)...and several years away if we did. I wanted SOME space between 2 and 3. After Molly was born I joked about there being no more, save for an 'oops' baby...I never actually MEANT for that to happen!! *LOL*

I went in for my blood test today, but I have to wait until the morning for the results...but the nurse said the HPT's are pretty dead on, and it's unlikely that we'll get a negative now.

It's funny, I never ahd a clue at all...but now that I know, I can see it so clearly. Isn't it fun how oblivious you can be?

Once that blood test comes back, I'm going to demand an u/s right away because I think I'm 5-6 months along and I really need to confirm this. Hubby is concerned because of how 'small' I am if I am that far along...but really I'm only a little smaller than I was with my 2nd (I was huge with my 1st...with my 2nd I hardly looked 6 mos. along at 9mos.)...so I'm not as concerned as he is. We're both still pretty freaked out because of the money situation, but we're trying very hard to be positive about it. We're actually getting a little excited discussing if we want a boy or a girl and beginning name talk (he named Molly, asked if that meant that I got to pick the name this time *G*)...soo, the excitement is creeping in

Sadie
January 19th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Natural Blessings's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cysts can cause positive pregnancy tests.

You can fit 3 kids(2 carseats, 3 even) into the back of a Toyota Camry or an Impala(can't remember the manufacturer).

A baby does not take up much room, you could put the 2 babies in a room of their own if you don't co-sleep. Try to not freak out, everything will work out.
January 19th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Mommy2Ethan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
good luck! and congrats..im glad your dh is being supportive!

Ethan Michael 4/13/2006 8 lbs 12 oz 19 inches
Hunter Evan 7/29/2010 9 lbs 1 oz 20 1/2 inches
~Having a baby on my chest being serenaded by my beating heart is nothing short of amazing...~

January 19th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Cysts can cause positive pregnancy tests.

You can fit 3 kids(2 carseats, 3 even) into the back of a Toyota Camry or an Impala(can't remember the manufacturer).

A baby does not take up much room, you could put the 2 babies in a room of their own if you don't co-sleep. Try to not freak out, everything will work out.[/b]
*nods* Cysts can cause positive results...but generally don't kick you...and I've been being kicked for two weeks now *G* Either way if the blood work comes back positive I'm asking for u/s same day because I'm dying to know how far along I actually am *LOL*

Hehe...don't mention Impala (Chevy, BTW) to my hubby. His best friend had one, and the transmission blew one month out of warranty. Still making payments on the thing and they had to pay $2500 to have the tranny fixed. Either way, we're looking into something with more room that fits into our price range...

We've also settled on the fact that we'll probably need to squeeze the two cribs into one room for a bit, because we have to fix some things on this house before we can sell it...and it took six months for the previous owners to sell...despite this WONDERFUL neighborhood...Boy will I miss living with these people...they are the best *sighs* But, we should have about another year here.

I'm no longer freaked out...which is good. Concerned, yes...but no longer on the verge of hyperventilation...I'm leaning more towards excited now I have tons of girls clothes if it's a girl (thanks to DH's best friend that gave us TONS for Molly)...and if it's a boy, a dear friend has TONS of boys clothes to send to me...so we're set either way. So....it's time to settle in and figure out how far along we are (if we are) so that we can plan for the arrival!!

Sadie
January 20th, 2006, 06:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, the blood work is back!!

It's 100% positive!! My nurse told me to keep all my baby stuff because I'm going to need it.

She then started to try to tell me that 'the numbers weren't accurate' but that it looked like 2-4 weeks and we should get an appt. in about four weeks. I had to sweetly tell her that 2-4 weeks was impossible (literally, unless I have the immaculate conception here), and that I was already feeling kicks, and that's what had clued me into the pregnancy. She got a little flustered and said, "OH!! REALLY? Wow. Well, I guess we need to get you in here pretty soon, then..."

*LOL* I got an immediate transfer to the appt. desk. UNFORTUNATELY the first u/s appt. available isn't until THURSDAY!! Ugh...BUT, I'm at the top of the list for cancellations...so hopefully I'll get in sooner (keep your fingers crossed) and we can figure everything out then. I see my doc on Friday afterwards.

Wow...still stunned...but definitely excited now

Sadie

(X-posted to April 2005 Playroom)
January 20th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you!

January 20th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Mommy2Ethan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congrats!!!

Ethan Michael 4/13/2006 8 lbs 12 oz 19 inches
Hunter Evan 7/29/2010 9 lbs 1 oz 20 1/2 inches
~Having a baby on my chest being serenaded by my beating heart is nothing short of amazing...~

January 20th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Telucero's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Telucero
Sadie, I have following your thread and waiting to see what the outcome was. So I read your first post the day you posted, and was like "their last time was 5 months ago, there's no way! There has to be some other explaination." After I read your last post, I am sitting here completely shocked after your story. I am so glad you are excited. I am so glad your husband is excited with you. Congratulations! Let us know what the doc says on your next appointment, I am intrigued now, and excited for you!

</a>
January 21st, 2006, 08:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, this morning, DH felt the baby kick as well...so I don't think WE'LL be surprised by the u/s...but the doc and nurses might be a bit surprised. *G* I told my friend last night that the worst part was that because it had taken so long for me to figure out (talk about oblivious) that I wouldn't get to see this one as a little peanut on the screen...just a baby *G* That's okay, though...less months mean maybe this time I won't be so completely anxious to get this one out (I jumped at the chance for induction with my DD).

It's amazing how that now that I know other things are starting to click and I'm thinking "Oh, THAT'S why"...Like the leg cramps I've been getting at night (attributed them to busy nights at the restaurant). OR the eating binges...or the moodiness...the total lack of creative energy (happened last year when preggo with DD)...it's all starting to click...boy was I just oblivious to it...I guess that's what happens when you truly believe there's not any way you could be pregnant *LOL*

Sadie
January 22nd, 2006, 03:25 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! I just read this story and how amazing. With all the birth control and not bd'ing this baby was definatly ment to be. Money stress can be rough but it sounds like your dh is being super supportive.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

January 23rd, 2006, 02:37 AM
Regular
Congrats!!! Please keep us updated....

Jade

The day you deliver, outside will be warm. Your baby will arrive in the afternoon.

After a labor lasting approximately 3 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 7 pounds, 15 ounces, and will be 18 inches long. This child will have light brown eyes and dark hair.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search