help me please!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2006, 11:48 PM
Regular
okay so let me introduce my self. my name is lacy, i am only 16 and recently my partner and i have had an accident...basically the condom broke and he came inside. My period is running late( although i get cramps but not soo often) and i am producing strange dark brown and light brown discharges ever since the inncident. Are these discharges any form of sign of pregnancy? Also, isnt it also true that you can experience menesteual(sp?) symptons while you are pregnant as well. please help me out here. I am frantically searching over the net for answers and i need this replied as soon as possible. you may contact me via email as well xsprinkleitwithlotsoflovex@gmail.com

Thank you and god bless!
January 22nd, 2006, 04:12 PM
Wendie
Well there is no way to tell if your pregnant or not without a pregnancy test. I did pass a little bit of blood aroudn the time that my period was due. However, it wasn't much. This is known as implantation bleeding caused by an egg burrowing in the lining of the uterus. Early pregnancy symptoms are alot like menstrual symptoms (i.e. sore breasts, some cramping, nausea). The only way to tell is to wait until your period is late and take a pregnancy test. If its negative, wait another week and if you don't get your period take another one. I know its confusing. I was going crazy while waiting to find out. Hope this helps. Good Luck.
January 23rd, 2006, 11:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Do you live in the US? Do you have a family planning clinic where you live?

Honey, did you know that you can go to a health clinic or family planning clinic and get tests done for free without anyone contacting your parents? I know this because I have a 17 yr old daughter that I took to the doctor for birth control. They told me (and her) that I (as a parent) do not have to be involved if she (my daughter) didn't want me to be. They said this applies to anyone above the age of 14 (I think that's the age they told me, but I'm not completely sure about it). Contact your local Dept of Human Health and Resources (the welfare office), family planning services, or even child services. Someone is bound to help you out...you are not the only 16 yr old to think she is pregnant.

The discharge you have could be implatation bleeding...I also spotted a little when I first got pregnant. How late is your period? Can you and your partner purchase an over the counter pregnancy test (they usually cost $4 at Family Dollar around where I live)? That's about the only way to truely know.

You can experience some menustral symptoms while being pregnant but usually there are other indications as well (like really sore breasts, being exhausted, some weight gain - that's how I knew since my periods are really irregular).

The best advice anyone can give you is to get tested.....that's your only way of really knowing.

Good luck to you sweetie! I hope everything works out for you.

I love my 3 girls and little boy:

Mom to Jessica - 19 yrs old, Amber - 18 yrs old, Sebastian - 2 months
January 23rd, 2006, 11:29 AM
nat81
The only way to know for sure is to take a test! Good luck and keep us posted!
January 24th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Regular
Thank you you guys.. yes i live in houston tx.. i never really thought of checkin in a clinic.. ty ..LOT OF LOVE!
January 24th, 2006, 03:00 PM
Mommy2Ethan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
definatly try a test... good luck!

Ethan Michael 4/13/2006 8 lbs 12 oz 19 inches
Hunter Evan 7/29/2010 9 lbs 1 oz 20 1/2 inches
~Having a baby on my chest being serenaded by my beating heart is nothing short of amazing...~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search