How early is too early to test?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2005, 03:08 PM
Ok I know I ovulated around the 28th, I also BD with my SO on the 28th. on the 2nd I noticed a rise in my temp and it has stayed steady since. I also have been EXTREMELY Exaughsted ( went from staying up till 2 am to not being able to keep my eyes open at 7pm) I have been nauseous, and a little dizzy. I am pretty sure I am pregnant, but I still want to test. Also I have a little predicament. My husband and I split up in December. I made a bad choice and slept with a guy I have known since I was a kid. It is his baby (if I am pregnant) My husband is leaving for florida in 2 weeks. Hopefully we will have divorce papers filed by then. My question is should I tell him if I am pregnant or should I just let him go to florida and find out for himself? I personally would rather let him leave and find out later on. I just don't want him to think it's his baby. (oh what a tangled web....) anyway I don't mean to sound like a soap opera.

Melby
February 4th, 2005, 03:14 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First of all welcome to JM! I think its way to early to test. I would say the ealiest you can test is maybe a day or two before AF is due but you probably wont get a good read on the test until a few days after you miss AF. I would say if you dont have any other kids with your soon to be ex DH then wait until you know for sure and after he moves. If you do have other kids with him then tell him as soon as you know.

That's what I would do at least. Good luck to you!

February 4th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Thank you for the welcome.

My husband and I ttc for 6 years, with no luck. My mother laughed and told me it's Murphy's Law that this would happen. I'm not worried about being pregnant because I have so much love and support from my family I believe the father would be supportive as well and would try to do the "right thing" (I don't know if it would be the right thing to get married so soon after a divorce) anyway I don't even want to start thinking about that right now. I feel so sick and tired right now all I want to do is sleep. Everytime I tell my mother I feel like I have the flu or I am having a "hot flash" she just gives me this funny little smirk.
February 4th, 2005, 03:32 PM
jen1978's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jen1978 Send a message via Yahoo to jen1978
I had the same signs when i was pregnant with both kids. I was 2 weeks pregnant with my last one when i found out but i had 21 day cycles. In a week or so, if AF doesnt show up do the first response test. i couldnt get any read with the others but i got a BFP with the first response.
February 4th, 2005, 03:42 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Hi there. You will need to wait till at least ten days past ovulation to test for most home pregnancy tests and even then you may not test positive. I don't really have any advice for what to do about telling your dh.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
February 4th, 2005, 04:44 PM
I was thinking about testing with FRED (first response) on the 9th which would make it 13/14 dpo appx. but I may just wait until the end of the week. This would actually be my second pregnancy as I miscarried with my first around 5/6 weeks. I did not even know I was pregnant until I had to have x-rays of my spine and they had to do blood tests (because I told them I "could" be pregnant but I didn't think I was) But my gut instinct (combined with the flu like symptoms.....) tell me that I am pregnant. I am just waiting to confirm it with a test. I have a dr's appt on the 7th I may just have her test then I am not sure. I will let you all know how it turns out.

Melby
February 5th, 2005, 01:26 PM
It is going to kill me to wait until Wednesday..... *sighs* grrrrr.....
February 6th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Light pink spotting today (still a week before the witch is supposed to show) I guess it's just a wait and see for now.

Melissa
February 6th, 2005, 10:59 AM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WELCOME TO JM!!!

Last year I was pregnant twice{But miscarred} , I tested just the day after AF was due both times. I got BFP right away!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!!!!!

I HOPE THIS IS YOUR MONTH!

February 7th, 2005, 07:31 AM
I have a drs appointment today. I know this isn't my period (no/very few cramps, way too light, no PMS, no acne) I am always VERY heavy, horrible cramps, major PMS, bloating irritability, and always have a great big zit. None of that plus the fact that it is a week early doesn't help. Though I am trying to "reason" it all out by saying it's hormonal imbalance, a cyst or an infection lol. well I will post my results later for you all. Wish me luck!

Baby Dust to all who are testing today.

Melby
February 8th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Urine test was negative. But it was only 10dpo. I have an appt. for an U/S on Tuesday. I am soooo nauseous, and tired. I hope everyone else is feeling well.

Melby
February 11th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Ok here goes.

Today is 14 dpo. On the 5th(8dpo) I had a drop in temp and on the 6th(9dpo) I started spotting I stopped spotting yesterday 13dpo. I am planning on testing Tuesday AM (or monday if I can't wait that long) What do you all think. Could it be IB and I am pregnant or am I just being paranoid? I can't wait to test! I am going to go nuts. But if I test in the am I won't be able to buy another one for almost 2 weeks.

Melby
February 12th, 2005, 05:36 AM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wait it out. good luck

February 12th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Well of course I couldn't wait and tested this am. It was of course BFN I have an u/s on tuesday so I am hoping that sheds some light on what is going on with my body.

Melby
February 15th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Regular
If you are seeking divorce from your husband, you may want to check laws where you are filing. My husband and I had been separated for two years when I became pregnant. When we filed our disillusionment paperwork, the judge wouldn't grant the divorce decree until #1. We filed on a different form to include children (even though the child hadn't been born yet) and custody agreements, or #2 we had done a DNA test to legally disestablish paternity. My husband and I both knew it couldn't be his and both told the judge. Nonetheless, law here is if you are with a child you have to include custody matters in the proceedings unless paternity has been legally disestablished. Good luck

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search