Am I just being dumb?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2006, 09:34 AM
jewll27's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to jewll27
Quote:
My husband got a new porsche about a month before I got pregnant... that's a two seater. Now I know it's not his fault because he had no idea we were going to get pregnant but.. now that we are he wont sell it!!! He keeps telling me we can use my car.. which is true but what if (god forbid) he wants to go somewhere with the baby when I'm not home?? Is he gonna strap Sebastien into the front?? Or on top of the car? I travel with my job and I take my car.. what is he going to do? Stay in the house?? If he was personally attached to this car maybe I could understand but he changes cars like he changes clothes. Why is it so hard for him to give up this one?? Everytime I bring it up he reminds me that I'm not giving up my job... so it's fair for him not to give up his car. He's the greatest husband ever but he's being so stubborn right now! Am I pushing for something that isnt fair to him?[/b]

I dont think you are being dumb at all, just practical. Hes probably afraid that if he sells his porche hes got nothing left thats just his and not related to the baby. Is it possible to get a third car? Also, a porche and a job are two completely different things. I dont think hes being fair to you using that as a comparison.
sarah
January 23rd, 2006, 10:24 AM
jewll27's Avatar Veteran
Maybe he could trade one of them for the SUV version...not as sporty as the two seaters but they are still the name and really freakin nice cars!! SUVs are really nice!!

Quote:
Yeah we could get a third car. I thought about that too... nothing being HIS.. but when I talked to him about it he said he doesnt care who has the porsche... as long as its in our household lol. Not quite what I meant but a funny response. He's thrilled about this baby. But he wont give in. He also has a Lexus 2 seater that he wont sell... but he NEVER drives. He says its the principle. I'm not asking him to get a mini van just something I can put Sebastien in.

I dont think you are being dumb at all, just practical. Hes probably afraid that if he sells his porche hes got nothing left thats just his and not related to the baby. Is it possible to get a third car? Also, a porche and a job are two completely different things. I dont think hes being fair to you using that as a comparison.
sarah
[/quote]
January 23rd, 2006, 12:21 PM
Veteran
Well, let's see...If he's not willing to trade in the porsche, and not willing to trade in the Lexus, and you need a car for work also...There's nothing left to do than work out a car schedule or something. Whoever is left at home with the baby gets the SUV no exceptions. So I guess just look at it this way: When he's at home, you get to take the porsche and drive in absolute style! He wants to make your vehicle the "family" vehicle, then you get to make his porsche just as much yours as it is his! WOOHOO! Now that's a compromise!!!
Now if he decides he doesn't want you taking the porsche, or the other car (If he's like most guys and gets protective over his cars AKA "precious babies") then you 'll just have to lay it down for him: Either he starts making a few sacrifices, or he'll have to put in the cash to buy now a 4th car or to hire a chauffeur that comes over with a car whenever he's alone at home with the baby. Sounds ridiculous, but hey, the safety of the baby is number 1, so he'll just have to make up his mind!
Hope all works out!! Also, maybe you should make him watch the movie "9 Months" (Hugh Grant)...he won't give up his car either, but guess what he ends up doing at the end????

January 23rd, 2006, 12:24 PM
jewll27's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Well, let's see...If he's not willing to trade in the porsche, and not willing to trade in the Lexus, and you need a car for work also...There's nothing left to do than work out a car schedule or something. Whoever is left at home with the baby gets the SUV no exceptions. So I guess just look at it this way: When he's at home, you get to take the porsche and drive in absolute style! He wants to make your vehicle the "family" vehicle, then you get to make his porsche just as much yours as it is his! WOOHOO! Now that's a compromise!!!
Now if he decides he doesn't want you taking the porsche, or the other car (If he's like most guys and gets protective over his cars AKA "precious babies") then you 'll just have to lay it down for him: Either he starts making a few sacrifices, or he'll have to put in the cash to buy now a 4th car or to hire a chauffeur that comes over with a car whenever he's alone at home with the baby. Sounds ridiculous, but hey, the safety of the baby is number 1, so he'll just have to make up his mind!
Hope all works out!! Also, maybe you should make him watch the movie "9 Months" (Hugh Grant)...he won't give up his car either, but guess what he ends up doing at the end???? [/b]

RIGHT ON SISTA!!!
January 23rd, 2006, 01:21 PM
jewll27's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Quote:
Hope all works out!! Also, maybe you should make him watch the movie "9 Months" (Hugh Grant)...he won't give up his car either, but guess what he ends up doing at the end???? [/b]
GREAT NEWS!!!!!!! Throughout the arguing all day I never realized we had been talking on his cell and not his office line... he was buying an SUV!!!! He traded in his Lexus.. and even put a sign on the back that says "my daddy wears combat boots.. and my mommy cheers for the chargers!" I feel like a total ##### for complaining now!!!!! thanks for all ur advice!!!
[/b]

CONGRATS!! Haha, sometimes we women get so impatient that our SO dont have the chance to surprise us!!
January 23rd, 2006, 02:45 PM
Veteran
Hehehehe...That's funny! Well, you're right! I've most certainly let my hormones get the best of me at times, so hey! It's normal! Great stuff, I'm glad everything worked out.
Though I must say, I'm pretty jealous! You caught yourself a good one! Well, so did I, I guess, it's just that he never surprised me wiht an SUV lol I'm now just dying for a ring on my finger!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search