birth control pills

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2006, 07:48 PM
does anyone know how long your body realizes you are not taking ur pills anymore. i missed some pills and had an early period. i continued to take the pills for like a week then stopped. i had been off of them for like 3 days before my ovulation day so do u think that i am missing my period cuz my body knew i wasn't taking the pills anymore?

January 23rd, 2006, 10:01 PM
jewll27's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to jewll27
Quote:
does anyone know how long your body realizes you are not taking ur pills anymore. i missed some pills and had an early period. i continued to take the pills for like a week then stopped. i had been off of them for like 3 days before my ovulation day so do u think that i am missing my period cuz my body knew i wasn't taking the pills anymore? [/b]

not to totally freak you out but I have been told once you miss more than a couple it screws everything up and you should wait till your next pd to start them again. There is a Dr Amy who is pretty good at answering questions like this one. Shes got her own site but I cant remember it. Google her!
sarah
January 24th, 2006, 07:07 AM
see that is what i thought but i haven't had my period since november

January 24th, 2006, 07:41 AM
nat81
I'm not sure what's going on with you... but it doesn't take a few months for the pill to no longer be affective as most people think. The month you stop, you can become pregnant.

I would take a HPT just to make sure...good luck!
January 24th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Mommy2Ethan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i got pregnant while on b/c w/ out missing any pills....i would test. Good luck!

Ethan Michael 4/13/2006 8 lbs 12 oz 19 inches
Hunter Evan 7/29/2010 9 lbs 1 oz 20 1/2 inches
~Having a baby on my chest being serenaded by my beating heart is nothing short of amazing...~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search