went to the clinic...

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2006, 10:45 AM
jewll27's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to jewll27
well I went to planned parenthood today and what did they do? another urine test telling me that its sensitive enough that I wont need a blood test. It came out negative and they didnt have any valid reason as to why Ive been having symptoms and am a week late. They told me to come back in two weeks if AF still hasnt come. Im so confused and upset...I was kinda hoping it would be positive...
sarah
January 26th, 2006, 11:20 AM
irishxrose
You need to get a blood test done.

I had a urine test done when I was 8 weeks pregnant (I didn't know I was eight weeks then), and it said that I wasn't pregnant! And that was the test that my doctor used. My HPTs both came out positive. Then they did the blood test, because they didn't trust the urine test (which was supposed to be the best test out there, YEAH RIGHT), and the blood test obviously came out positive.

I DON'T trust the urine tests the doctors do because of that.
January 26th, 2006, 11:46 AM
jewll27's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
You need to get a blood test done.

I had a urine test done when I was 8 weeks pregnant (I didn't know I was eight weeks then), and it said that I wasn't pregnant! And that was the test that my doctor used. My HPTs both came out positive. Then they did the blood test, because they didn't trust the urine test (which was supposed to be the best test out there, YEAH RIGHT), and the blood test obviously came out positive.

I DON'T trust the urine tests the doctors do because of that.[/b]

Thats what I thought too but they swore I dont need one. Now I dont have the same insurance that I used to have so thats why I didnt go to my regulard drs. I called though and asked to have my NP who I usually see call me back and see what she recommends b.c I really trust her and maybe theres a way to get a blood test done and just pay out of pocket...
January 26th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Mommy2Ethan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i would push for a blood test...my drs would not give me a blood test, told me the hpt saying positive was enough...i went like a month unsure if i was even pregnant!

Ethan Michael 4/13/2006 8 lbs 12 oz 19 inches
Hunter Evan 7/29/2010 9 lbs 1 oz 20 1/2 inches
~Having a baby on my chest being serenaded by my beating heart is nothing short of amazing...~

January 26th, 2006, 01:37 PM
jewll27's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
i would push for a blood test...my drs would not give me a blood test, told me the hpt saying positive was enough...i went like a month unsure if i was even pregnant![/b]

I just got a blood test done and will know the results tomorrow. Thats what I get for going to planned parenthood instead of trusting my family NP will take care of me!
January 26th, 2006, 06:54 PM
nat81
Good luck hun... I hope you get what you want.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search