Not really sure how I feel

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2006, 06:58 PM
Queenie06's Avatar Regular
Hello all - I just found out I was pregnant last monday and I am about 5 1/2 weeks as of last monday. I have had 2 abortions before (i was in a bad relationship and couldn't bring someone else into it). But now I am with my soon to be husband and frankly i don't want to put myself threw that again. I'm 24 I work full time and part time as well as go to school. I know that we are in 2006 and at least working and school will still be possible. I have really positive people around me including my bf, my family and his. I'm just soooooooooo scared. It really dawned on me that this is a real person that I will be responsible for. ANd I'm so afraid of how much life is going to change. I'm afraid how it will effect me and my bf (although he is happy!). I mean it won't be use anymore. I mean we both work but i mean money is tight (this was not planned) I always thought I would get married and then have kids. I just want to be able to provide. I'm scared and unsure of myself - but I know I will not but my child up for adoption and I can't go threw another abortion. Has anyone else felt uncertainty like this. Is this normal. I don't know if I'm coming or going...some days i'm excited other days i'm just to nervous to enjoy it. Everyone tells me everything will fall into place and work its way out - but i was just curious if other people have had these type feelings. Any advice or words of wisdom is helpful...Thanks Brin
February 2nd, 2006, 08:38 PM
momma06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to momma06 Send a message via Yahoo to momma06
Girl, I know what you're going through. I'm 17, I don't work, and I'm a full-time student do you think I have money? NO! My fiance refused to put the baby up for adoption and no way in hell was I going to get an abortion! Now I have a healthy beautiful babygirl and I wouldn't change that for the world. Of course I was scared and at times I still am. My fiance is going to college and will be done around August-October. He works on the weekends and Spring-Summer I'm going to get a job but I can't right now because I still need to learn how to balance school and a baby. All you can do is pray that everything will be alright. No matter how much money you have your baby will still love you. Babies don't know material value, all they know how to do is love (and poop, cry and eat) You'll figure it out, moms always do! Just enjoy your pregnancy because before you know it, your baby will be here. Trust me, I wasn't ready for my pregnancy to be over, and I was actually sad. That was something I didn't expect. Stressing over this won't make things better. Good luck with everything and be glad you have support. Some people don't have anything!

February 2nd, 2006, 09:53 PM
Telucero's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Telucero
First of all, have you told your bf? If so, what does he think? I am 25 and got pregnant (unplanned) two weeks after we got engaged. My fiance and I are working things out financially. At this point, he is extremely excited. My family, however, is terrified. Except for my mother and her side of the family...they have all been extremely supportive, as well as my friends. If you decide to keep your child just remember only keep people around who are positive. Do not let anyone be negative about your pregnancy. You are bringing a new life into the world, it's a beautiful thing. This is your decision. Whatever your decision is, don't let anyone judge you for it. Everything has a way of working itself out. I was devastated when I looked at my positive hpt, but now I cant stop baby shopping. Like you, I had always planned on finding love, getting married, then deciding when I wanted to have children. Sometimes, the plan doesn't work out. Having a great support system definitely has made a big difference. Good luck. Keep us posted.

</a>
February 3rd, 2006, 05:49 AM
Veteran
Hey sweetie,
Well Congrats on the new soon to be addition to your little family!! How wonderful!

Trust me, it's totally normal to feel scared. Even parents who are wealthy get scared! It's very overwhelming becoming a parent. Even now, at 5 1/2 months preggers, I still get moments of fear.

So hang in there! It's ok to be scared!! In fact it's good because it shows how much you care about your little one's wellbeing! You'll be just fine! Think of all those people who have like 4 kids and both parents don't work...they still manage. So you'll be just fine. Wait until you hit about 12-16 weeks of your pregnancy when everything becomes more tangible...It'll melt your heart when you feel him/her kick, when you see baby on the u/s for the first time...snif snif....it's so beautiful!!! And all sooooo worth all the morning sickness, and weight gain in the world!!!

Good luck and keep us posted!!!

February 3rd, 2006, 10:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
Hey Girl! Congrats!!!
I know EXACTLY how you feel trust me. I'm 20, a full time college student, and just found out that my fiance and I are expecting our first child. (I'll know how far along I am on Tuesday) I was a lot like you: I figured I would finish college, get married, and then have kids. But as you can tell that's not how it worked out, and I am scared ****less. My fiance has a good job, but we still pretty much live paycheck to paycheck right now. I worry that we won't have the money to provide for our child, but I know our family will help us if we get that bad. I'm disappointed that I will have to take a while off from college, but I know it will all be worth it. My fiance wanted me to have an abortion, but I have battled cervical cancer twice and I'm afraid that if I have one I will not be able to have kids later on.
Anyways, I just want you to know that I am just as scared as you are. My fiance and I have always been really "free" so to speak; no obligation, no responsibility other then ourselves. I don't know anything about babies, but I know it will all work out for us and for you! Hang in there.
Northcutt2Be
February 4th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Queenie06's Avatar Regular
Oh my god...I can't tell you how much all of the things you all have said to me make me feel!!!! I mean words can never explain - thank you all for being so supportive and not even knowing me I know that i need to stop stressing out - b/c its bad for the baby. I just never thought that this was going to happen like this...But like they say everything happens for a reason. If I could just get over this hump I think that everything will be okay. I mean I'm a trooper. Again thank you all - I can hardly wait to go to the doctor and do my first ultra sound it will feel more real than. I'll keep everyone posted!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search