I just can't understand...

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2006, 01:18 PM
First of all, I want all of you to know how eternally grateful I am to you for posting your remarks. This one thing has been getting to me since my little bundle was born. I liked the comment "it's not like I'm 13 or 14 or something, I'm an adult"...that's so true. Nowadays it seems that even though we become legal age and are told that we are now legally responsible enough to decide whether or not we want to get married, have children, go skydiving...anything we please, it's like there's this unwritten rule that parents are still supposed to guide and control us for a few more years, at least until we're 21, and that we're not supposed to be able to settle down and start our lives until atleast 24. Like I said, my fiance and I take care of our little girl completely by ourselves, and my parents only help with college because they want to. It is quite a bit tougher than life would have been if she'd been born a few years later, but I couldn't imagine life meaning what it does to me now if I didn't have her. I'm a great mother who pays constant attention to my daughter while still balancing a job, classes, and a relationship with my hunny. I too look younger than I really am, I hear "she's got to be 16" a lot. It's not at all uncommon for a man to have a child at 23! Yes, I'm only 19 but I'm at the same level as my fiance, otherwise I wouldn't be with him, ya know? It's just been kind of hard since I'm so ###### proud and excited to have her, and instead of getting "aww she's gorgeous" or "congrats" I get horrified looks and whispers. I still live within the same range as I did as I grew up and so I run into a lot of people I know from high school...I get the worst looks of all from most of them, like they're somehow better than me because they still live off mommy and daddy and drink themselves stupid every weekend. You guys are right, if I didn't have my daughter and went out and acted like that, I wouldn't be true to who I am, because the truth is...I'm glad I got pregnant, I love being a mother, it's more fulfilling than anything else I could ever do. It's just good to know there are some people out there who would smile if they saw my little one. Thanks for all the story sharing
February 19th, 2006, 06:57 AM
mmsmom_25's Avatar Veteran
I'm 25 with 2 girls aged 5 and 2.5 and I also get the looks from others as to imply I am too young for this. My kids are well taken care off, we own our own home and the kids certainly don't go without. We are currently trying to have #3 and I can just imagine the looks I will get then.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search