Pregnant Again... 4 months after giving birth

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2009, 08:15 PM
MaddApple's Avatar Expecting a boy 10/21/09
Send a message via Yahoo to MaddApple
I'm currently 10 weeks pregnant and I have a 17 week old son. His sister 13 months older then him. So I'm going to have 3 little ones and active 4 yr old coming in October. I couldn't have life any different. Good luck.

March 31st, 2009, 12:06 PM
Caden's MaMa 8-7-08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Caden's MaMa 8-7-08 Send a message via Yahoo to Caden's MaMa 8-7-08
Hello. I am a lurker here too. I had my son 8-7-08 and I love him to death. I am not married yet, but have been with my fiance' (his father) for 6 years now. He was not an easy infant and still is a very demanding baby, but I am making my way thru it. If I were to end up pregnant right now I would be very worried and confused but I wouldnt end the pregnancy, I am also Pro-life and I think every baby deserves a chance, no matter what. If you had to you could always go with adoption. I think your first would love to have another sibling to be close with, and I have heard having them close in age makes them closer in every aspect of life. I have a friend who just had her 2nd child 1 week after her first child turned 1. She is a single mom now and is doing GREAT!! I hope you take care and I hope things go well for you, good luck in whatever you choose!

TY for the siggies everyone!
March 31st, 2009, 01:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm a lurker, too... Getting pregnant so soon after having a baby is one of my fears... it seems scary, but I think the pros outweigh the cons. Everyone has listed great reasons for keeping the baby. Having two children will be tough no matter how far they are spaced.

I think the major reason that you should consider keeping this second little one is what you said about your first abortion. If you felt even a little guilty once it may be seriously amplified the second time around. You're such a loving mother that it may bother you more than you expect. I've always been pro-choice, but now that I'm pregnant I know that it would be a much much harder choice to make if I am ever faced with it in the future.

Good luck with your decision! And remember that either way you still have your first born to love and cherish, so don't stress yourself out too much
April 1st, 2009, 10:16 AM
MySweetBabyRay11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MySweetBabyRay11
Hii I am a lurker... I just thought that I would put in my thoughts about it, and I believe from what I read you felt very guilty about your first termination, If I were you I would follow my heart and keep the baby, like many have already said, its not the babies fault, and nor is it a bad thing that you are pregnant again, It's a blessing truly! Good luck,and I hope that you end up keeping the LO

Thanks Bonnie for my wonderful siggy

April 1st, 2009, 10:37 AM
Veteran
Hi, I am lurker and just wanted to give my thoughts. I am the oldest of 4 children and my mother had us all (except me and my sister right hafter me) back to back. I'm 26, sister 23, sister 22, brother 21. Even though it might seem tough now with the whole attention thing, let me assure you that it will be ok. I was happy that my mother had us all close in age because we had each other to play with. In the end it is your choice, but I just wanted to give my 2 cents. GL & KUP!

April 2nd, 2009, 04:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am just a lurker ,but All I want to say is please follow your heart...
April 4th, 2009, 08:56 PM
illinoismommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Closely spaced siblings are wonderful and far less jealous than the larger spacings. They are too little to be jealous. My daughter thought her sibling was a doll until he moved. Hehe.
Baby expected January 2nd, 2010!

"In the first place, whether you choose or no to take any trouble about the formation of his habits, it is habit, all the same, which will govern ninety-nine one-hundredths of the child's life. We are all mere creatures of habit. We think our accustomed thoughts, make our usual small talk, go through the trivial round, the common task, without any self-determining effort of will at all." -Charlotte Mason
April 9th, 2009, 06:31 PM
i say keep it, my older sister and i are only 11 months and 2 weeks apart my b-day is jan 8th hers is jan 26th. we had a great time growing up together, yes we faught, but it was good to have support in school as we were only a grade apart and shared friends. a great friend of mine has a sona nd daughter that are 11 months to the date apart and now has another little boy they all love each other and get along great.
April 13th, 2009, 06:54 PM
*treefrog*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi there! I am sorry you are going through this. I am not going to give you advice because this is a personal decision and you need to do what is best for you and your family.
I do want to share with you that I am pregnant with baby #3. My oldest is 8 and my youngest is 16 months. This pregnancy was planned and VERY wanted. However, I am also very nervous/anxious that I will not have enough time for my other two kids once this new little one is born. I especially feel bad my littlest one (my 16 month old) will not get the attention I was able to give my first. What you are feeling is very normal. It think it is a normal mama feeling! I am feeling it too and I am in a completely different situation than you I just wanted to let you know that and I wish you the best with your decision! Good luck!

Our family is complete

April 29th, 2009, 01:13 PM
~Mommy_of_Twins~
Please, please keep your baby. You will be surprised how you will step up as a woman and as a mother to both your little ones. Twice the work, yes, but twice the love and joy. I got pregnant unexpectedly 3 months after having my twins. I was shocked at first, given my history (see my siggy below) but more so overjoyed and grateful to God for blessing me again. If you do not want to raise your baby, why not give him/her up for adoption to a couple unable to conceive?
April 29th, 2009, 06:26 PM
-Monique-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to -Monique- Send a message via Yahoo to -Monique-
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN View Post
Listen to your heart. I conceived my second only 3 months after having my first (see my sig). Being pregnant with a little baby was difficult, but not nearly as difficult as life would have been with that empty hole in our lives where Samuel should have been. Those two are great friends, they have a strong bond. Remember that no two other people in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD can give your baby the lifelong gift of a sibling - only you two can do that! The difficult part about having a newborn and a 12 month old passed, that part was only temporary. Losing a baby to abortion is not temporary, it is forever.
I am 5 months pregnant now and have a nearly 8 month old son, there will be 12 months difference between the 2 of my boys. Honestly at first i was scared, but now.... gosh i look forward to watching my 2 boys have the same type of relationship me and my closely spaced brothers and sister have. Your daughter wont just have a sibling, they will have a friend they can do everything together with.

May 6th, 2009, 04:45 PM
I understand what a difficult decision this is for you. Unfortunately (or fortunately) you are the only one that can make it. It seems you are considering all of the factors. Good luck
May 15th, 2009, 05:33 PM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know exactly how you feel. My daughter just turned 10 months and I am 7 weeks pregnant. It took us 2 yrs to get pregnant with her and this one snuck up on us. When I found out I was devastated and cried. I was sure my mom would talk badly about me having another so soon and I felt just horrible that I was pushing my baby girl out the way. I just felt heart broken about it because of her. I wasn't going to be able to spend my one on one mommy daughter time with her like I wanted. We have two older boys, 10 and 8, but she and I would be close. I wanted to end my pergancy also for a brief minute but I couldn't look at this little girl dh and I created and then terminate the new one. I got use to the idea and figured she would just have a close friend and playmate in her sibling. Plus dh would never hear of an abortion. We knew it could happen so no sense in making the baby pay the price. I'm pro choice but I would keep it if I were you. Your daughter will be fine and the kids will be closer. I was an only child until I was 12, too old by then, and I use to cry for my mom to have another child I could play with. It was lonely. It will be ok though for you. Just trust in yourself.

May 19th, 2009, 03:40 PM
JennLynn_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i'm just wondering how you're doing in your decision making.

I'm pro-choice. Do what is right for you and your family. If I were to find myself pregnant again (my baby is 2 months old today), I would be torn as well. No one wants to have to make such a hard decision, but unfortunately life puts us in tough situations and we have to deal with them.

Anyway, I just wanted to post to let you know that there was someone else here that would have just as hard a decision as you are probably having.

I respect your decision, no matter what choice you make.

http://JenniferDow.SBC90.com
May 20th, 2009, 07:13 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was a only child. I don't know how much that makes me qualified to give my opinion, but here it goes.

I had always wished for a sibling (or 3) growing up. In particular a older brother. My mom only wanted one kid. I HATED being a only child!! I don't know if you only want one or just want another awhile later, but I can tell you that sometimes having all of your parents attention/love to yourself is not always a good thing. I longed for another sibling to come along to take some focus and attention off me. It was too much! I was lonely, isolated and alone in my childhood play. Siblings keep each other busy; fighting, playing, sharing secrets, building forts in the backyard out of sticks, pulling each other's hair. Parents tend to smother an only child with attention and love, to crippling level.

I know not all only children's lives are like that, but many I've talked to are.
May 30th, 2009, 08:20 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Any news on this? Girl you can do it. I am also pro life. I cannot make your decision for you, but there are so many of us out there that want children. Please do not throw yours away.

I was a teenager with 2 kids 17 months apart and I survived. I am now trying for number 3 as an adult. I never had planned pregnancy but I am trying now. I love my children and they made me who I am today. Love that baby.
June 3rd, 2009, 06:40 PM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Things happen for a reason. I feel that you should let nature take its course but it is your decision and your family.
DOn't want to pry but have you made a decision and how are you feeling now?
June 10th, 2009, 02:54 AM
jenni_48760's Avatar Prego with #3
Send a message via AIM to jenni_48760 Send a message via Yahoo to jenni_48760 Send a message via Skype™ to jenni_48760
I Just wanted to add my 2cents.......My Son and Daughter are 14 months apart.......and I wouldnt have it anyother way.....While I hoped for a boy with #2 just becuase they were going to be close together.......Having a sister for him has been wonderful....They are now 4 and 3 and get along SOOOO WELL..... If I would have gotten my way I would have had our 3rd that close too! We are currently TTC our 3rd and my fears now are far bigger then my fears when my son was 6 months old and I found out i was pregnant. I didnt worry back then how my son would react to a sibling, I knew he'd adapt, not realling knowing any different.

I think having children that close together is almost like having twins........just not as hard/demanding. And like I said, The bond that they have is the most beautiful thing......I watch my kids play on the playground with other kids and their siblings and the bond my kids have compaired to the other kids is AMAZING.....
Hope your doing ok......please let us know
AND Joel Jr (3/4/10) Born at 8:37 am 5 lbs 8 oz 17 3/4 inches
June 11th, 2009, 11:59 AM
blessdmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
It's your decision. But as a pro-life mom I am hoping/praying that you decide to keep your baby or perhaps decide on open adoption or something other then abortion. I believe that all children are a blessing and a miracle.

Good luck with your decision.
My mom had me at 26 wks and so my brother and I are 11 months apart exactly!
Mama to Jack, Ben, Marjorri and Adeline.
Human to Jeyne the Redbone Coonhound.

<3 Autism Advocate <3 Babywearer <3 Blogger <3 Nerd <3 Bookworm <3
June 11th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Mom2M&S's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am pro-choice as well BUT would never in a million years even consider having an abortion. I'm glad so many people have offered thoughts and support but personally I'd think that you and your husband would have learned to use protection after the first abortion.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search