Pregnant with 3rd child - husband wants abortion - need advice!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 23rd, 2009, 09:07 PM
yes, at first our unplanned baby was a devastation more than anything, we had extreme trust issues and all sorts of problems in our relationship. my SO wanted me to terminate it and i refused, a few weeks later he admitted in his heart he knew abortion wasn't the answer and that if we even left for the abortion clinic he would have turned around and not been able to go through with it. we found out today we are having a little girl and he bawled like a baby when we saw the ultrasound. he is so excited and was telling his friends/family today this is the best thing to happen to him. sometimes, things like this just take time. it took him a good month to adjust and accept it, but once he did, he wouldnt have it any other way and couldnt possibly be more supportive.

i was the same way as you, i could NOT terminate the pregnancy. i don't care if it's one day after conception - in my eyes it IS a baby already. and like mentioned above (and this is also what i told my SO...) it took both of us to make this baby, so we both need to grow up and accept the responsibility. i understand how it feels to get pregnant when it couldn't possibly be worse timing (i am 20 years old, and not done with college, for example.) but you have to do whats best for you, he MAY resent you after and I feared the same with my SO. but you know what, in my opinion i would rather have a man resent me for doing something i know in my heart is right, than doing something i feel is wrong and resent my SELF. ya know? i don't mean to sound too brash, i just know how you feel and hope i helped some.

<br>
May 3rd, 2012, 04:04 AM
Hi Jenn,
I know it has been a long time since you left this post...but I'm really hoping you still check it from time to time...I am in an identical situation - just found out I'm pregnant with a 3rd, about 5 weeks along...logistically and financially we should not be having another baby, and my husband is firm in his decision that we should abort, but whenever I think of actually going through with the abortion I feel sick and start to cry. Not to mention I likely have to wait another 4-6 weeks to get an abortion - I can't imagine not bonding to the baby in that amount of time!!

I would really love to hear what you decided to do and how that has worked out for your family. If you don't want to share I understand, it is a very personal decision. I hope everything worked out well for you and your family.

Thanks,
Lynn
January 5th, 2013, 12:30 PM
message deleted
January 5th, 2013, 04:25 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am currently pregnant with no father in the picture so I am in a very different position but at just 7 weeks I had a blood clot and thought I lost it and was in the ER and already saw the heartbeat and everything. I saw the head and the body.. In my eyes, 7 weeks is still a growing life and if you don't feel comfortable killing your child, don't do it. He has two children already he loves dearly.. He will love the third.. regardless of any issues going on between you two at the moment.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
January 28th, 2013, 11:11 AM
onemoremakesfour's Avatar ThreeBoys
I did not realize this post was so old - I'm sure you have made your decision by now and I deleted my original response.

Last edited by onemoremakesfour; January 28th, 2013 at 11:16 AM.
February 4th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Weight Loss Expert
Abortion is never a solution. You are parents already. You know how irresponsible that decision is.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search