I am new and I need support please!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Hi, my name is Mandy and this is my first time posting at this site. This pregnancy was definally unplanned, BUT IT IS TOTALLY LOVED AND WANTED! On January 4th of this year I was raped and, I went to the hospital the morning after the rape and they gave me the morning after pill. But about 2 weeks later I still did not have my period and a few days later I took a pregnancy test and it was positive. It took about a day or two to get over the shock, but then I became happy, and I figured that god wanted me to be pregnante. This baby is going to turn a horrible experience into something beautiful. As the next week and a half go by I am getting more happy and excited about this baby. Everyday I am falling more inlove with my child.
I have been spotting for about a week and a couple days. I went to the doctor and was checked said my uterus felt like I was 6-7 weeks preg, he checked all my hormone levals and they all were normal. He said 40% of women spot during the first trimester of pregnanacy. Everything was ok I felt all the normal mild cramps in the place were my uterus because it was growing. Then yesterday came and i had a pain in my left side and abdom. for about a half hour and it was gone with passing of gas and a bowl movement. So i thought it was just part of the preg. gas (still paraying that is what is was). Thwn later on that night I had a cramp in my left side again, it went away but was followed with spotting that was redder then usual. So I decided to go to the er, and they checked me said my cervix was closed. And the redder blood went away and my reg spotting continued. They sent me for a ultrasound. I have a history of ovarion cyst, so I am thinking that the pain I felt was a cyst. They also checked my levals which are good they are a 2104 that is good for how far into my preg I am. They did an ultrasound and could not find a pregnancy in my uterus. And they saw thw "sac" like thing on my left ovary. So they are assuming that it is a ectopic pregnancy. I told them they are wrong. So they called my ob doctor and he also thinks they are wrong. He told me that you can not even detect a pregnancy on an ultrasound until your levals go to 3000 (mine was 2104) He thinks that they saw they cyst on my ovary. He told me to go home and come in to his office on Monday. Which is good, but I am a emotional, scared nervus wreck. I feel that everything is ok, but I am still scared. I have no pain and the spotting is the normal spotting that I have had, that the doctor said was ok. Getting through tomm. will prob be the hardest day.
If anyone has any advice or support PLEASE! Thanks so much for listening.
God Bless all of you and you little babies you have growing in side!
Thanks Mandy
February 4th, 2006, 08:42 PM
JuneBug2006's Avatar Forever missing Gracie
Wow, Mandy...
That is awful to hear (the bad event).......
But at the same time, that is wonderful that you can see past it and have decided that you want to keep your baby............

But I have one question for you. If your doctor says that you feel about 6-7 weeks pregnant, is there any chance that this baby was not a result of that event??? Being on the 4th of January, it has only been 1 month or about 4 weeks........

Hope you come back to the boards! This is a wonderful group with lots of wonderful mommies hanging about!

Kayleigh
February 4th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Keyleigh,
No, there is no other way that this pregnancy could happend any other way. It was the first time in months I had intercourse they ad 2 weeks on when they do you pregnancy weeks from the time you ovulated, so I am six weeks preg but my baby is 4 weeks.
Thanks for they reply!
Mandy
February 4th, 2006, 09:59 PM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
I'm sorry about what had happened to you, but thankfully your embrassing your little miracle in such a positive way. I hope that they just saw the cyst on the U/S and that they are wrong about it being an eptopic pregnancy. Good luck to you and I hope everything is developing fine!

Always missing my 4 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12, 11/27/14
February 4th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Thanks so much, I am hoping and praying that everything is ok and where it should be. I just hate this period where I dont know. But Ia m going to keep praying and hope for the best.
God bless you and your little one!
Mandy
February 4th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Telucero's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Telucero
God bless you, Mandy. You are a strong woman, you must know this. I truly hope the u/s was wrong and you do not have an ectopic pregnancy. I have had ovarian cysts in the past, hopefully that is all it is. Perhaps the u/s did not pick up the pregnancy. I really hope the best for you. Please keep us updated.

</a>
February 4th, 2006, 10:33 PM
Regular
hi MandyL
I think you're amazing to overcome something so horrible with such a positive outlook. i admire you. I just want to let you know that you will be in my thoughts and I hope everything turns out ok.

Jade

The day you deliver, outside will be warm. Your baby will arrive in the afternoon.

After a labor lasting approximately 3 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 7 pounds, 15 ounces, and will be 18 inches long. This child will have light brown eyes and dark hair.
February 5th, 2006, 06:13 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mandy,

I hope everything works out for you and that your baby is ok..Your in my thoughts and ill be preaying for u!!...I hope you keep us updated when you find out your results...by the way welcome to the board

February 5th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Thanks everyone! I will keep all of you updated, I have my appt tomm so I will let you all know tomm. I hope and pray that everything is ok. But thanks everyone you all have been very nice. You all are amazing! I wish I knew about this site sooner!
Thanks, and god bless to yo and your little ones!
Mandy
February 5th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Veteran
Hey Mandy,
Wow! You are definately a trooper! May I ask if the bad event was done by someone you know? Will you be pressing charges?
It's great to know that there are people out there who can look past the horrible things and see the light! This baby is definately soooooo lucky to have you. To have a truly positive role model, such as you, in their life, is already blessing the baby with sooo much! I'm praying that the u/s techs were dead wrong and that the baby is doing just fine and dandy!
And honey, no matter what happens, know that you've just shown us what the meaning of true motherhood and love is all about.

Good luck and keep us posted! Give your belly a little hug for me!

February 5th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Brigitte,
Hi, thank you so much for you thoughts! Yes the person who did this, I knew him, I loved him very much at one time. We were together and lived together. We broke up in October, but were still kinda "seeing each other" until the beginning to middle of Dec. Then I broke it of completly because I knew it was time for us both to move on. He could not handle it, he had a manic depression problem as it was. He could not take it. After a while of him calling me as much as 20 times a day, showing up at my apt when ever he wanted. Waiting in my apt lobby for 7 hours one time for me to come home from work. He lost it completly. One night he came over to my house we argued I told him it was over he needed to move on I told him I was seeing someone (for like the tenth time, he would not get that throgh his head) and than he went totally crazy. Beat and raped me. Yes he is in jail now, the next day I pressed charges because I knew if I didnt something more horrible could happend. I knew he needed help and this was the only way he could get it. He has been in jail for about a month now. He will be in there until he is sentenced unless he can make bail, but at 75,000 it is hard because he is a catagory 4 that means either cash or something worth that much like your house or something, and he does not own a home and does not have 75,000 cash. I still care about him and I know the person who did this to me is not the person I fell in love with. I pray and hope everyday that he gets the help he needs and becomes the man he used to be.

Thank you so much for you thoughts, they mean alot. I have a doc appt tomm, I am praying that it will be ok. I will let everyone know how they turn out!
Thanks so much!
God bless you and all your little ones!
Mandy
February 6th, 2006, 08:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
Mandy,
You are such a strong and inspirational person!!! I'm very sorry to hear about the circumstances of your pregnancy, but congratulations! I will also be praying for you and the wee one!!
Northcutt2Be
February 6th, 2006, 04:04 PM
JCat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How did your appointment go? I know I haven't said anything before but I have been following. Good luck honey.

February 6th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Thank you so much for your thoughts and concerns.

I went to the doctors today and he sent me to the hospital today to have another ultrasound. They told me that the first ultrasound was true, it is a ectopic pregnancy.

Thank you your support means alot, I hope I get to know everyone better.

God Bless you and your families. And if you are preg. got bless you and your little babies you have growing in side.

Thank you again,
Mandy
February 7th, 2006, 06:20 PM
lilmamaw2's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to lilmamaw2 Send a message via Yahoo to lilmamaw2
oh, Mandy i'm so sorry i feel so bad for you, you of all people deserved to have a baby it takes a vary stong person to go through what you went through and still come out with a great outlook on it i lost 3 babies before i got my lil angel Dillon and now my lil angel Alexa Cassandra is almost here but it took alot of pain and suffering before i got to this point and you'll pull through it takes a while but you'll be ok and you will be blessed with many babies cuz you deserve it your a truly good person with a vary big heart so i wish you the best of luck
February 10th, 2006, 09:33 PM
Regular
I have read your story and I am very sad to hear what you went through. Although i can not relate, I hope you have support to help you through these past months and if you need I am sure everyone here, as well as I am , would be more than happy to talk with you.
God Bless

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search