This was so weird!!!!!!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2006, 11:09 AM
rachel_claire's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to rachel_claire Send a message via Yahoo to rachel_claire
So, this doesn't have much to do with pregnancy or anything....but still, so unexpected!

I went to Olive Garden with a friend I haven't seen in a long time yesterday for lunch (mmm alfredo dipping sauce for those delicious breadsticks) and everything was great, we needed to catch up. All of a sudden, a waiter screamed and dropped a bunch of plates and a woman started screaming "help!" her husband began having a heart attack! My friend ran over there because she's CPR/first aid certified and the man passed out! His lungs started making really gross burbling sound (TMI I know, sorry...) and he was pretty much dead for like a minute. Then his pacemaker kicked in and he was back! He woke up and was like "what happened?" An ambulance came and he was checked out by the time we were leaving. By the way, they were sitting diagonally behind us so I saw the whole thing. It made me like nauseous and totally freaked out. I was glad he was ok but that's never happened to me before!!! It may be because I'm rpegnant and almost saw someone die, but I went home and just wrapped my arms around my husband and almost started crying...I know, I'm a wuss, but I couldn't believe that man almost dies...and the gurglying and convulsing....I could never be a doctor...ever...

I don't know why I had to share that, but I needed to tell someone!
February 9th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Veteran
Hey, Wow! That's definately something you don't see everyday! (thankfully)
Actually, about 2-3 weeks ago, I went to this restaurant, and this fat kid (sorry, I just had to mention he was chubby) starts choking on whatever he was eating...But not like CHOKING choking, just it was stuck in his throat and he was like trying to hack it out, or hork it out more like it, he made a huge spectacle of it! Ew!! I felt bad though, because I know if I had a piece of whatever stuck like that, I'd probably do the same,...But just picture it:
Fat kid, like a little butterball, starts making these disgusting sounds and is practically choking, His even larger mother is yelling at him "stand up!! Cough louder! You shouldn't have tried to eat so fast!! blabla", he's got like rib sauce or whatever all over his face (typical little fat kid) and he's all sweaty....
Listen, I've got absolutely NOTHING against larger people, but this family just grossed me out! This child was about 8 and he had a full order of ribs (comes with fries, veggies and rice!!) PLUS a side of onion rings! Then at the end he had dessert! His parents were just as bad! There was even a little baby in highchair and I swear he weighed more than me..PREGNANT!!
K sorry, I definately rambled on there! I hope never to see someone really come close to death like that!

February 10th, 2006, 11:37 AM
LilMsDrama's Avatar Regular
I had to respond to this post. My husband died in October and I watched him die in a similar way - only he had no pacemaker to "revive" him. It was not fun, nor was it pleasant. There was no way to revive him due to blood backing up from his lungs into his esophagus and, of course, out of his mouth. CPR would've just pushed the blood back into his lungs choking him further.

Yes, hug your husbands tight every night and tell them how much you love them. Make plans NOW for what you want to have done in case the other passes away unexpectedly. It's not morbid - it's life. Had Cliff and I not had discussions about things, I wouldn't have known he wanted to be cremated and he would've been buried. He had no life insurance and it cost over $20,000 for the no-frills funeral and all of the expenses which his parents took out a loan to pay for. I ended up having to quit school and go to work full time. My point is to take care of these things now. You don't want to have an unexpected death to be a burden on your new family. The widow BB's are full of people talking about all they got was $255 in social security to bury their spouses which, like I said, was not nearly enough. Talk about your burial and death plans now. If possible, go to a local funeral home and make monthly payments on everything. It'll all be paid off in 5-10 years and your family won't have a thing to worry about other than grieving their loss if something happens to you or your spouse. My grandfather did this and it took a lot of burden off of the rest of us. Since his was so old, all we ended up having to pay for was his embalming and transferring of his body from one city to his chosen resting place.

I am going to be a new mommy soon too. Unfortunately, this is not my late husband's baby or else I would be eligible for some sort of social security benefits for him. I have no means of taking care of this child so I will be going back to work within the week he's born (I make too much money for gov't assistance and I have no insurance at my work since I'm a "temp").

What I'm saying is to take the precautions now. It's not fair to those in mourning to have to deal with these decisions as they will be in shock and regret a lot of decisions made (I regretted the choice of minister who, instead of memorializing my DH decided to try to convert the non-Christians). It could've been prevented if we had planned ahead more.

Please think about it.

<P align=center></P>
<P align=center></P>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search