Any ideas?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2006, 06:25 AM
Veteran
Hey!
Well, Valentine's day is coming up really soon, and I am totally out of ideas on what to do to celebrate! I was hoping to go out, but I'm tired of the typical dinner and movie cliché! I called my fav radio station this morning to see if they had any cool ideas (and maybe g/c's to give away ) but all they suggested was a picnic in the livingroom! Boring! Well maybe not boring, but I want to go out! Just because I'm pregnant and can't do very much activity-wise per doctors orders (sciatica and shifting pelvic bone...so no skating, bowling, running, lifting...you name it, I'm probably not allowed!!) doesn't mean I don't have a life and want to seclude myself to my home for the rest of this pregnancy!
Any suggestions?? What are you all doing for Valentine's??

February 10th, 2006, 06:49 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Hey!
Well, Valentine's day is coming up really soon, and I am totally out of ideas on what to do to celebrate! I was hoping to go out, but I'm tired of the typical dinner and movie cliché! I called my fav radio station this morning to see if they had any cool ideas (and maybe g/c's to give away ) but all they suggested was a picnic in the livingroom! Boring! Well maybe not boring, but I want to go out! Just because I'm pregnant and can't do very much activity-wise per doctors orders (sciatica and shifting pelvic bone...so no skating, bowling, running, lifting...you name it, I'm probably not allowed!!) doesn't mean I don't have a life and want to seclude myself to my home for the rest of this pregnancy!
Any suggestions?? What are you all doing for Valentine's??

[/b]

hmm....i thought about it and i have no clue...sorry! wish i could be more of a help..ill think so more and if i come up with an idea ill tell u right away i have no idea what im doing for valentines day ( i never no untill that day )... hope you find good ideas!

February 10th, 2006, 07:27 AM
lilmamaw2's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to lilmamaw2 Send a message via Yahoo to lilmamaw2
the livingroom thing is more fun than it sounds i did it for my hubby's b-day he had no clue i sent him out to get something from the store and told him to stop by his moms (i told her to stall him, hehe) and then i cooked his fav. and had candles set out every where and used extra material that i had laying around to block out the sun and any light from our deck door and then used material to block out other rooms so it was a closed in setting had out wine glasses (with being preg. i would just use juice if i was you i wasn't preg. at the time) but for him get some good wine or what ever he likes and of course dress up i did i wore heels and a lil' skirt (my man's into that kind of thing and i wasn't preg. at the time) and a cute top he was in total shock he said no one had ever done any thing like that for him and he had no idea it what i was up to it was fun oh don't forget the music low and something you both like!!! well any ways good luck !!!!!!
February 10th, 2006, 09:22 AM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Poping in to give ideas...

I'm not sure what area you are in or what you enjoy doing for fun..but what about going to see a play, musical, ballet or to some kind of performance? I live in Chicago so there is always something like that going on.

Or maybe renting a fancy hotel suite and order in or bring a special dinner along?
February 10th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Veteran
Oh Ella! Your V-day is bringing tears to my eyes...actually more like is making the tears fall uncontrallably. Your man sounds like a sweetheart! I acutally just figured out in my head that as much as I really want a romantic, full out v-day, I won't get it. B/f is working that day from 7am to 7pm and won't be back home until about 8pm, and both of us will be needing to be in bed by at least 10. Then while he has the next day off, I don't, and when I get home from work, he leaves for his next shift. Then when he FINALLY gets his days off, I think his mom is coming to town to visit (at least that's the story I'm told) so we won't even really get the house to ourselves to even have a romantic dinner just the two of us let alone having the house to ourselves for thei night to...well you know...wink wink nudge nudge...
Oh well...there's always next year! And our 1 year anniversary is in March so I'll keep my fingers crossed that maybe his days off with work with us, not agaist us.

Thanks for replies though! Keep em' coming! I'm out of movies to watch and hearing all of your plans totally take the place of a romantic chick flick!

Take care everyone!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search