What is the longest you were ever late?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2005, 12:14 PM
That topic title probably makes no sense, haha! What I meant to ask is how long is the longest your period was ever late? I'm a 19 1/2 year old college student who doesn't have regular cycles as it is. I've been gaining weight, but I have also been eating horribly (no cravings, we've just been eating bad), which could be what has delayed my period. The start date of my last period was December 30, and it ended on January 4, so this Thursday (Feb 17), I will be three weeks late. Like I said, I'm never regular, so the "tardiness" doesn't really bother me, plus the fact that my boyfriend and I use birth control. On Tuesday (six days ago), I felt a slight cramp, but it was brief and wasn't bad at all. No spotting either. How soon do you think I could test and get an accuate answer? Thanks so much!
February 14th, 2005, 12:27 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First of all welcome to JM!

If you are 3 weeks late you should be able to test and get an accurate result. If still no period in another week then test again. You can get generic test for pretty cheap. Plus I got pregnant on the birth control pill. So unless you are using condoms everytime, all the time being on birth control means nothing.

February 14th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Thank you Jennifer! I'm scared to death about testing. We've had pregnancy scares in the past, but even my boyfriend has notied that since we've been dating I haven't been this late. I know it's not the smart thing to do, but I'm going to wait a few more days. We've talked about it, but I don't want to know yet. Thanks so much for your support.

Quote:
Originally posted by Audrey@Feb 14 2005, 04:14 PM
That topic title probably makes no sense, haha! What I meant to ask is how long is the longest your period was ever late? I'm a 19 1/2 year old college student who doesn't have regular cycles as it is. I've been gaining weight, but I have also been eating horribly (no cravings, we've just been eating bad), which could be what has delayed my period. The start date of my last period was December 30, and it ended on January 4, so this Thursday (Feb 17), I will be three weeks late. Like I said, I'm never regular, so the "tardiness" doesn't really bother me, plus the fact that my boyfriend and I use birth control. On Tuesday (six days ago), I felt a slight cramp, but it was brief and wasn't bad at all. No spotting either. How soon do you think I could test and get an accuate answer? Thanks so much!
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
February 14th, 2005, 12:58 PM
I know what its like to be in your shoes. I was 20 when I found out I was pregant (22 now). We were in college too. My DH went on to graduate with a bachelors degree. I dropped out but that was my choice, I never really like college. Everything will work out for the best.

February 14th, 2005, 01:38 PM
I'm glad to know that someone understands. Neither one of us wants a baby now, but we've always been aware that we're taking risks. We've talked about how we would handle the situation it we ever had to. My parents are supportive of my "sex life," though they don't necessarily agree with it. I don't want to think about how they would react to this.

Based on what I've told you, what do you think my odds of being pregnant are? I remember when I first started having sex and I always thought I ws pregant. I don't routinely worry anymore, but this is weird... What do you think?
February 14th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Are you on the pill? Have you missed any pills or taken them late? Are you having any other symptoms like sore boobs, cramps, peeing alot? Sounds like you could be but its hard to say if your periods are regular. I had a feeling I was pregnant before I found out for sure. If you are having a feeling about it too then who knows.

February 14th, 2005, 01:56 PM
I'm not on the pill. We rely solely on condoms. We have messed around a little without condoms, but only for a few seconds. We both know that doing that is taking a huge risk, but we did anyway. I can't tell if I'm peeing more or if it's just me (I could be drinking more, who knows? haha), slight dizziness (which could be from my poor diet lately), kind of clear or light-yellow discharge... that's about it. Also, a couple of times in the past few weeks I have been sleeping and all of a suddent woken up to severe dizziness and, well, just-not-feeling-right symptoms. No morning sickness, but I have had sporatic moments of nausea. What are you thinking now?
February 14th, 2005, 02:37 PM
If you are using condoms and you have not used the pull out method then it would be pretty hard for you to be pregnant but you never know. Those sperm can be trickly little buggers. You might as well buy a cheap test from the store so you can sleep better at night, know what I mean.

February 15th, 2005, 09:58 AM
I wouldn't consider it the pull out method, but we have had sex without protection, though not for the entire "session." We've been trying to make light of the situation because a baby is the last thing we need right now. He wants to take a test, but I'm not ready to know. I mean, I'd like to know that I'm not pregnant, but I'm not ready to know that I am pregnant. Make any sense? I feel like an immature kid and that's not the situation at all.
February 15th, 2005, 10:08 AM
LadyBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
test it could be negative!! and if its positive the sooner you know the better.

also the pre-cum can have sperm & even fooling around with it near your area you could get preg. I suggest if you are not ready & its neg to use condoms & bc pills,patch,or depo.No bc is 100% I am preg after a vasectomy so 2 bc are better than 1.
February 15th, 2005, 10:28 AM
Zanahoria's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
By being here and asking questions, I think you are ready to know!

I'd test and get it over with if I were you. Like LadyBelle said, it could be negative, in which case you'll have a huge weight lifted.. or if it's positive, the earlier you know the better so you can start taking better care of yourself (and your baby) right from the get-go.
February 15th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Thank you so much everyone. I've never felt so much support. It means a lot.
February 17th, 2005, 07:26 AM
Still nothing. No cramps, no spotting, no acne... nada. Three weeks late today.

Maybe if I got my diet back on track something would "happen?" No morning sickness, no cramping, no real nausea... really no symptoms. This sucks... I'm still trying to avoid testing. I know I should test so I'll know once and for all, but we've decided to wait a little longer.
February 17th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Audrey@Feb 17 2005, 10:26 AM
Still nothing. No cramps, no spotting, no acne... nada. Three weeks late today.

Maybe if I got my diet back on track something would "happen?" No morning sickness, no cramping, no real nausea... really no symptoms. This sucks... I'm still trying to avoid testing. I know I should test so I'll know once and for all, but we've decided to wait a little longer.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

I know its scary but you really should test. If you are pregnant you need to get on prenantal vitamins and get prenatal care.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search