Men....

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2006, 05:47 PM
JuneBug2006's Avatar Forever missing Gracie
Nope, I think the question is clearly, "how do we function WITH men!"
February 13th, 2006, 06:01 PM
jennyn's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to jennyn
boys are dumb. i'll bet you could have told him "it they're on aisle seven, two-thirds of the way down on the left hand side if you are facing the back of the store, and they will be on the third shelf from the bottom" and he still would have come home with the wrong thing because THEY JUST DON"T GET IT! and doesn't it make it ten times worse because you can't go out and get the stupid jelly beans yourself? i've been "resting" for ten weeks now myself, and i swear the cravings are worse just because you have to rely on somebody else to satisfy those cravings.
February 13th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
OMG!!! I totally hear you! I feel so much worse for you though, because of the bed rest. See a while back I begged and PLEADED for my guy to get me some milk and he said NO!!! I mean, it was only 5pm and all the stores were opened! I even told him he could take my car because he doesn't have one...And he still said no...I even tried telling him I'd give him the stupid 3$ to pay for it....and still nothing! So I tried juice instead but of course that didn't work! So about 4 hours later I tried again and same excuse..."I'm too tired!"
So I said FINE!! Changed out of my pj's and went to the darn store myself! And HE GOT MAD AT ME FOR IT!!!! because I gave him attitude he said!!! What a jerky piece of jerk!!!!! BLA!!!!!!!!!!

I do hope that he does manage somehow to get you your sour candy! Good luck and if he gets it right, man, I'll be very very jealous that your man sort of learns!!!! As opposed to my dummy guy!!! lol
hmmmmm Can you tell I'm just sooooo in love!? HA!
February 13th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
Well I sympathize with all of you gals. My fiance won't do SH** to help me out. For example, yesterday I went to the store by myself to get some groceries for the week. Well I come in carrying a few bags and say "Can you come help me with the rest of the groceries?" And he says "I'm in the middle of this game." And I said "I'm pregnant." And his response was "You're not that pregnant." (I'm only 7 weeks) What possibly goes through these guys' minds?? Reading your story though did make me laugh, not at the situation, just your husband's thinking. And especially the fact that he ate the dang worms. So male typical.
Northcutt2Be
February 13th, 2006, 08:07 PM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I dont think ill ever have that problem but i feel sorry for all u girls!..i dont ask my bf for anything...if i have cravings my mom usually gets what i crave for i love her! not just because of that but shes very supportive..didnt think she would be but im happy..###### talking about jummy worms..i want some! hehe but im stuck home so i wont be getting any...

February 13th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Telucero's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Telucero
If you ask me, men are a little like toddlers, you have to use small words, short sentences and direct commands. If ANYTHING gets too complicated they stop listening and start playing with themselves...Thank God one of the species has a brain.

</a>
February 14th, 2006, 05:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad he figured out the difference between sour candy and regular gummy worms!!! Men can sometime surprise the living daylight out of me!! Being with my guy for as long as I have (only 11 months on the 25th), I don't give their species much credit. We're talking about a guy who can't cook Kraft Dinner if his life depended on it, and a guy that I have to explain jokes to (that includes me having to explain like every funny commercial while we're watching TV...) URGH!! I'm not sure how I'll be able to handle TWO children once this little one comes!! Hehe!
February 14th, 2006, 10:23 AM
cyutegurl
Hi,

Well I never had that problem with my DH...............But sometimes men can be stubborn. He always got what I craved when I was prego.
And now if I have a craving (im not prego)......he says "Well your not pregnant anymore, not my problem".hahah
February 14th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Mommy2Ethan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
WHOHOOO my DH can join the million of other men who sleep on the BED rather then the couch! He came home with 5 packages of sour candy!!!!!! And now he's washing the dishes!!! I love him so much but sometimes he's totally clueless. I should count my blessings because he doesnt love anyone more than he loves me and this baby. YAY for a clean kitchen, YAY for happy mommy, YAY for a satisfied craving, and YAY for happy marriage!!! [/b]

glad you finally got them! LOL

Ethan Michael 4/13/2006 8 lbs 12 oz 19 inches
Hunter Evan 7/29/2010 9 lbs 1 oz 20 1/2 inches
~Having a baby on my chest being serenaded by my beating heart is nothing short of amazing...~

February 14th, 2006, 02:30 PM
mrobinson
I giggled just reading the thread but the post is even better!
February 15th, 2006, 03:14 AM
lilmamaw2's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to lilmamaw2 Send a message via Yahoo to lilmamaw2
man that's too funny my hubby learned with my last preg. that if i need something he better not mess it up but he still manages to do so like i sent him out for poweraid and he came back with propel????? how is that even the same??? so after me getting all up set and crying don't you ever listen to me he left the house and came back with three yay!!! he does that every time i try to tell him if he would just hear me the first time he would be alot richer and i would be a lot less teary and that's not the only thing about men how bout when they cant find their hat and they look at you and ask you where it is like you wear it all the time or something um' excuse me but if you would put your hat in the same spot every time we wouldn't be having this discussion everyday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search