Talk ABout Unplanned.. Conceived On Depo

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2006, 12:48 AM
AbbyHannahsMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi girls! I just found out yesterday that i was pregnant with my third. I went to the doctor today and I'm about 7 weeks. Funny thing is... Ive been on the shot for 6 months! Hmmm little unplanned but it's ok. My husband and I were thinking about it anyway. Anyone know if the depo can have any negative affects on a pregnancy??

Josie

February 15th, 2006, 07:08 AM
nat81
Welcome and congrats! I got pregnant while on the pill... I was on medication and it lowered it's effectiveness. I was concerned that something might be wrong with the baby but she's 8 1/2 months now and healthy as can be!
February 15th, 2006, 08:03 AM
JCat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!! The only thing I can think of is a tubal pregnancy, you have a higher risk of one conciving on depo. But thats rare. Good luck

February 15th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Mommy2Ethan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congrats! i had been taking b/c pill for over 2 years and got pregnant! i dont think there are any side effects w/ depo though u might want to check it out w. ur doctor

Ethan Michael 4/13/2006 8 lbs 12 oz 19 inches
Hunter Evan 7/29/2010 9 lbs 1 oz 20 1/2 inches
~Having a baby on my chest being serenaded by my beating heart is nothing short of amazing...~

February 15th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
I basically conceived on Depo too. I had just switched from the shots to pills in November and got preggers in January while still on the pill. I asked my doctor if either one would have negative affects on the baby and he said no. But you might want to check with your doc just to make sure and make you feel more relieved. Congrats on the pregnancy!! Our babies should be due around the same time!
Northcutt2Be
February 15th, 2006, 09:58 PM
AbbyHannahsMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I talked to my doctor about it and she said it should be fine. Did you guys know that they sometimes give the depo shot to women after they get pregnancy to prevent a miscarrage? Hmm I learn sometime new everyday..

February 16th, 2006, 07:18 AM
rachel_claire's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to rachel_claire Send a message via Yahoo to rachel_claire
hey girl!!
Congrats!!! I don't think the shot should harm your baby at all...I was on the pill when I got preggers but the shot seems much more full-proof...your man must have sperm of steel!! hehehe,
February 18th, 2006, 02:09 PM
culversmommy's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to culversmommy
I have been on one form of BC since I was 18 (am 25 now). In 2004 I got pregnant on the pill and had a m/c in Jan of 2005 with no findings of why. In 2004 - 05 I was on 4 different pills because I had break through bleeding. I finally got on this pill in August of 2005, and low and behold January of 2006 I got pregnant on the pill again. I am beginning to think the BC is not going to work for us. Timing was not really good with us but someone thought it would be a good time. My DH and I planned on TTC this winter, but I guess we will move it up a little!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search