Young, unsure...think I pregnant? Had a ultra sound today..help

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Regular
Hi, im 16. One month and a half ago I had unprotected sex. Am on the pill but had skipped many last month and when having sex. I have been experiencing many symptons of pregnancy. Headachs, and body achs, and now just recently my stomach has been extremely tender to the touch and has inflammation almost. Feels like pressure. Went to get an ultra sound done today b/c my ma just thinks it is an ifection, she has no clue that there is a possibility of pregnacy. I tried to take a peek out of the corner of my eye when it was showing a far away picture of my uteris...I couldn't really tell anything. I had took a quick test a little over a week ago and it was neg. Is it to early? am I worried for nothing? Please help me...
February 16th, 2006, 04:10 PM
jennyn's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to jennyn
if they saw anything, they will tell you. it is standard to check for a pregnancy in any woman of childbearing age no matter what her symptoms are, even if there is no possibility of being pregnant. if they didn't tell you at the doctor, you are almost definatly not.
February 16th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Regular
Yeah, I wanted to know if they seen anything but they said it was against the law and they wasn't athorized to tell me what they seen. I thought it was b/s. So they would have seen something for sure? Its not to early to be detected?
February 16th, 2006, 04:47 PM
lilangel91284's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Yeah, I wanted to know if they seen anything but they said it was against the law and they wasn't athorized to tell me what they seen. I thought it was b/s. So they would have seen something for sure? Its not to early to be detected?[/b]
I think that may be BS if they did see something they have to tell you.
February 16th, 2006, 09:19 PM
rachel_claire's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to rachel_claire Send a message via Yahoo to rachel_claire
That's retarded that they told you it was against the law....it's YOUR body and YOUR ultrasound! But when were you suppost to get ur period? That can be a big factor too, If you're unsure, take another test in a few more weeks....Good luck tho, let us know what happens!!!
February 16th, 2006, 09:36 PM
jennyn's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to jennyn
did the doctor tell you that or did the ultrasound technician tell you? if it was the tech then it's true, they usually aren't authorized to say anything. but if it was a dr who said that it's bs.
February 17th, 2006, 05:05 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to jezzica04
If you had an ultrasound then they would definitely be able to see the baby even if its extremely early. I had my first ultrasound at 6 weeks to make sure I was pregnant and even tho he was small he was there definitely there. If u were pregnant ur Dr. wouldnt just not tell u...if that was a factor and it wasnt an infection then they would tell u. But dont worry about the ultrasound just take a home pregnancy test...thats the best way to tell.

Keep us updated!!

February 17th, 2006, 07:35 AM
jewll27's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to jewll27
Quote:
Yeah, I wanted to know if they seen anything but they said it was against the law and they wasn't athorized to tell me what they seen. I thought it was b/s. So they would have seen something for sure? Its not to early to be detected?[/b]

Technicians are not allowed to say anything b/c if they are wrong its the doctors butt on the line...the doctor should have told you...when do you go back to see the dr?
February 17th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Mommy2Ethan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i believe the dr has to be the one to tell you. did you call the dr?

Ethan Michael 4/13/2006 8 lbs 12 oz 19 inches
Hunter Evan 7/29/2010 9 lbs 1 oz 20 1/2 inches
~Having a baby on my chest being serenaded by my beating heart is nothing short of amazing...~

February 17th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenniferk
I agree. It is illegal for the technician to give you the diagnosis, or tell you if they see anything. They have to relay the results to the physician, who will give you the results. Even if it is a life threatening situation they must keep you there until they reach the doctor who can provide the results to you over the phone.
February 20th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Maren
well i got pregnant on the pill and when i missed my first period i called and asked my doctor about it she told me that it is common to miss one period while on the pill but if i miss my next one to take a test. maybe wait till your next period and if you dont get it take another test good luck.

Visit my blog to find out how you can earn amazon gift cards
As well as just updates from me on everything!
http://lifeasmaren.blogspot.com/

February 21st, 2006, 11:10 AM
SpugsLady's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to SpugsLady Send a message via Yahoo to SpugsLady
they wud have kicked your mum out the room, got a dr in and he would have told u, i dont think they would have left u not knowing....i'ts highly unlikely your preg and i think the test would have picked it up if you were most of em can pick up hormone levels after 2 weeks, some even less.

<div align="center"></div>
February 23rd, 2006, 11:17 AM
August2006Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to August2006Mommy
i believe it is against the law for them to tell u anything if ur underage. the doctor usually would call u if there was anything they detected

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search