Mother-in -law's!!!!!!Aggghhh....

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Regular
okay...I'm about to commit myself!!!!! Not really but does anyone have an outrageous mother in law?????
Ever since I got pregnant, my mother in law has been really weird. She is so excited but I find that she is really starting to freak out about really losing her son. Because now he will have "his" family. She always calls ..llike 4 times a day....she tells him she is sick so he can go see her and she even went to the hospital at 2:00 in the morning (he had to bring her)...not to mention his father is still there. I don't know what to do....I don't want to be the selfish wife who is taking her son away but I constantly complain because I can't take her!!!!! HELP!!! But I'm finding that everone seems to say that this is a battle that I will never win beacuase boys with their mothers...blah..blah!!!! Please help!!!!
February 17th, 2006, 07:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenniferk
My future MIL is insane! I've even had to have her arrested and committed! At one point I had to have a restraining order against her! That was at a time that my fiance and I were not together, but she's still insane!
February 17th, 2006, 09:51 AM
irishxrose
I actually have a pretty cool MIL. She used to be a monster to me, but then I got pregnant, and now she's really excited to have me in the family. She used to ask Jason when he was going to get back with his ex, and that really bugged me. Now she actually likes having me in the family... I think she finally realized that Jason wasn't going to be getting rid of me for his ex.

So I can somewhat relate. My MIL used to be a monster, but now everything's okay. I hope she gets better with time!
February 17th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
HA! Girlie, I totally hear you about the mother in law thing!!! The biggest challenge in this pregnancy has been her. Well, her when it comes to my b/f anyways. She's a pretty cold person, and doesn't want anyone else in her life...She's got her family and that's it...she wants nothing more. She didn't take the news of the baby well, and for months wouldn't even acknowledge it...She's getting better with the baby thing now...At least she's talking about it more. But with everything my b/f's put me through regarding his mom, I've come to learn she's not the kind of person I really like or would ever choose as a friend. Which is really too bad since before the pregnancy and before he started pressuring me to become her best friend, I just didn't really care, and I was fine with her...But when you're forced into a relationship with someone rather than just letting yourself get close naturally, you tend to learn things about them that you don't like...A lot of things she says or does makes me really scared for my child! I'm scared that grandma will hurt her feelings a lot with the things she says (even though my b/f always defends it and brushes it off as it just being "her nature", it doesn't matter, because after a while, you have to realize that the things you say and do affect others.)
It's going to be very hard to let this woman be around my little one after months of disapproval and whatnot...I don't know...I'm scared, that's all. The last thing I want is for her to make my daughter feel uncomfortable around her. I guess we'll just have to see. I'm a pretty vindictive person, and I don't forgive easily (especially when the other person doesn't see what they've done wrong and haven't appologized)...Ah well, I guess this is what my life is! Have a beautiful baby that I love with all my heart and soul, and a mother in law I'm not crazy about! It's worth it I suppose! Plus she doesn't live here, so I don't have to deal with her all that much!! woohoo for that!
February 17th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
Hmm take it from some one who has the witch of all mother in laws. You will never come between her and her son. No matter how much she thinks it will happen.. My mother inlaw has treated me like crap since the first time I met her. And nine years and 3 kids later she still does... She has even started so much trouble that me and my hubby almost divorced.... And he still puts her on a pedistal... I had him move us to another town to get away from her.. Then she never called us for 3 years.. We even wrote her... No response.. But when she came to our granddad's house she would call us to go see her.. And my hubby would pack up and go..
February 17th, 2006, 04:08 PM
kel_86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to kel_86
I have somewhat of a horrible MIL as well. Me and my husband have been together for 4 years this year and since i started dating him she has always been nice to my face and said really rude things about me behind my back, along with his grandma. My husband proposed to me in x-mas of 2004 with his grandma's wedding band. So i thought things would change since it was her wedding band, but they didn't they got worse. When we started to plan our wedding she was critical about everything. In june of last year when we found out i was 12 weeks pregnant she flipped. She started to have fights over the phone with me about measurements for the tuxes and it even got as bad as her saying she wasn't comming to our wedding. On our wedding day my sister overheard her saying that this was my husband's worst day of his life. Since my daughter has been born she is now completly opposite. She comes to see us pretty much every weekend or wants us to go down there!! So i completly understand where your comming from
February 17th, 2006, 05:49 PM
MJONES's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My MIL is a nightmare too. She was in the room when DD was born, nly becuase she refused to leave and her head was crowning. It was a nightmare. We moved 2200 miles away from her, she was worried I would take her *baby* away and she was terrible to me. DH saw her for what she is and now she is miles away, it's nice. Haven't seen her in 2yrs, even on the trips home.

Ethan Hunter, Ava Madison, Achilles Ryan

Sept 2, 2006
February 18th, 2006, 07:44 AM
Wendie
I can relate to this post as well. My MIL is so two-faced that I cannot stand her. She didn't want this baby when she first found out. She even asked my now DH if it was his (because I might be using this baby to trap him). And, she said a few other choice things. On our wedding day, she started a fight with him and threatened not to come to our wedding. Then she threw a fit at the reception and started all kinds of drama. Now that my DS is here, she wants to come and visit us. She actually wants to stay for a whole week in MY house. I put my foot down. Luckily, my DH does not let her get away with it. He calls her out on everything that she says. Trust me, it does get better. I don't like her, but I have learned how to deal with it.
February 19th, 2006, 07:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wendie,
Must be nice to have a guy who will actually say something when she says something out of line. I honestly wish my guy was more like that. Then at least I wouldn't care at all about how his mom is because I know that if she said or did something, he's say something. Ah well! Some of us luck out and some of us don't!
February 19th, 2006, 09:51 AM
lilbilal03's Avatar Member
lol. yea. mil's can be sorta crazy. sounds like she is just scared that her son will forget about her bcuz he will be too busy with his own family (which i am sure he wouldn't forget his own mother). maybe letting her participate as much as she can with this baby will make her feel better. as far as my bf's mom. she is really nice to me. but his mom lives really far away so we never see her at all. so i guess i'll never really know. lol.

<center><font face="verdana,arial,sans-serif" size="1" color="black">Countdown To 4 Years!</font>
</center>

February 19th, 2006, 03:19 PM
irishxrose
Quote:
Wendie,
Must be nice to have a guy who will actually say something when she says something out of line. I honestly wish my guy was more like that. Then at least I wouldn't care at all about how his mom is because I know that if she said or did something, he's say something. Ah well! Some of us luck out and some of us don't![/b]
Jason used to never stick up for me, and then I bugged him about it so much, he finally told her off. Heh.

I hope he comes around, and tells her off.
February 23rd, 2006, 10:26 AM
August2006Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to August2006Mommy
SHE'S DRIVING ME CRAZY....i feel my pregnancy would be so much more joyous if she wasen't there...she calls EVERYDAY sometimes 5-6 times for the day...to talk about what? her son.....she complains about everything he does and calls me thinking i wanna hear about it...i have way more important things to deal with...its almost like she's trying to ruin the relationship between me and my bf.....i'm slowly trying to distance myself from her...she's making my life seem so stressful...and there's nothing to be stressing about....time to ignore her and move on....her grandson/daughter that i'm carrying is going to have restricted visits...b/c God knows i don't want my child around her negative energy

February 23rd, 2006, 11:35 AM
Trissylynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Trissylynn Send a message via Yahoo to Trissylynn
lol i happen to LOVE my MIL. We have an awesome relationship. DH and i are actually living with her right now. Of course she drives me nuts sometimes but i adore her! she tells me that if anything happened where dh i got divorced, she would kick dh out and let me stay! lol Hopefully all you ladies will eventually have better relationships with your mils.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search