Can you believe it?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey,
Well I went to a bar for my best friend's bachellorette party (staggette, whatever you wanna call it! lol)..Well I found this really good non-alcoholic beer that I love ( O'douls ) and so I ordered one of those so that I at least felt like I fit in with all the others who could drink...
Well this stupid ignorant chick comes up to me in the bathroom, all nice and friendly and asks "OMG, are you pregnant?" (looks at my tummy all cute and whatever) so I proudly say yes...Then her face totally changes and she's like "I guess that means you shouldn't be drinking then!", so I said, "right, which I'm not..." then she's like "Whatever! I saw you drinking a beer!!" (keep in mind, you could tell she wasn't exactly sober!!) so then I asked "Oh really? What kind of beer was it?" then she says "Whatever! It was in a brown beer bottle!! I saw you with my own eyes!!" So finally I'm like "That was an O'douls, which is NON ALCOHOLIC! So before you go accusing someone of something like that, do your research!"
Then she just starts yelling at me, calling me a "baby killer" and that this baby is better off dead than in my stomac!!! OMG can you believe the nerve of that girl??? With the way she was dressed, I wouldn't be surprised if SHE was unaware about her own unplanned prengnancy!!! lol (no disrespect to anyone here experiencing an unplanned pregnancy...I'm not implying anyone here is sl*tty...lol)

So I just walked away from her, wanting to punch her right in the face, and she follows me out of the bathroom yelling and screaming at me about how I'm killing my baby!! She did end up leaving not long after that, but WOW!! I never ever get into cat fights at the bar! And to think this could have been my first one, while I'm pregnant no less!! I would have charged her with like attempted murder or something if she would have even tried to hit me! What if she hurt the baby!?
What kind of world do we live in that a pregnant woman can't even have a NON ALCOHOLIC beer without almost getting her a** kicked??!!! SHEESH!
February 17th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow shes ignorant!...if she did hit u u could of def charged her with attempted murder but im really glad it didnt go that far!..some people just act to crazy when they drink and those people shouldnt be able to go into a bar!..she was stupid to ask if u were pregnant...some people are so immature!..i cant believe she actually said that to you(that your baby is better off dead) thats just going to far!..hopefully youll never meet up with her again sober or not!

February 18th, 2006, 11:11 AM
MamaAshley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, i'd stay away from bars till the baby comes, doesn't sound like a good situation to be in while pregnant...

Ashley, pre-RN student, birth doula and busy SAHM to Brianne 6, Colin 5, Kylie 4,
Bryson 2,and our lil man Noah Alexander turns one year on 7/5/10!

February 18th, 2006, 12:13 PM
jennyn's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to jennyn
just when i was thinking i missed bars. . .
February 18th, 2006, 01:51 PM
cyutegurl
I dont really feel bad for you, cuz hunny you are pregnant bars are DEFINITLY NOT A PLACE FOR A PREGNANT WOMAN!
And it has 0.5% alcohol....and why would you like your baby to taste that crap, even its only 0.5% but STILL its the point!
I would never think of bringing my prego self to a bar....you know someone can get drunk and get into fights and could fall onto you or something really bad could happen. I'D say SMARTEN UP!
Or have you ever heard of BAR FIRES? Just think if that place caught on fire, with all those people trying to get out!

Im not trying to be mean hunny, but it makes me really upset reading or hearing this kinda of stuff.
February 18th, 2006, 02:08 PM
jewll27's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to jewll27
good for you!! you are still a woman who has friends and wants to go out and enjoy yourself and your friends!! Hope she doesnt run into you sober!!!

sarah
February 18th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Telucero's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Telucero
Brigitte -
You go girl! There's no reason why we can't enjoy a good time with some friends at a bar just because we're preggers. I'm sure you know what's good for you, have fun! Pregnant shouldn't mean confining yourself to your house for 9 months, right? As for the non-alcoholic beer, I have been told by three different OB/GYN's now that it is perfectly safe to have the occasional glass of wine or low-alcohol content beverage. You definitely handled yourself better than I would have. I would have told the ignorant ###### to put her mouth in check and mind her own business. Stay proud, Sister!!!!

</a>
February 19th, 2006, 12:52 PM
cyutegurl
Pregnant shouldn't mean confining yourself to your house for 9 months, right?

No it dosnt mean that, but you could do alot more fun and better things to do! Then sit in a bar and watch people get drunk, what a GREAT enivronment to be around! NOT!
February 19th, 2006, 04:11 PM
irishxrose
Oooo, I would have smacked her. Actually, I probably would have beaten her with a stick.

What an ignorant ******.

And my OB also has told me that a beer with low-alcohol content is okay to have. On New Year's, I had half a beer, and when I told my OB about it, she just laughed and said it was fine. That's the only alcohol I've had this pregnancy... and I only drank it because it was New Year's and I didn't want wine.
February 19th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the support! My doc told me the exact same thing about O'douls and that I could drink as much of it as I want...In fact, the way she explained it to me was, "if the alcohol content is so low that they sell it in a grocery store (I know some grocery stores sell alcohol, but not where where I live), then it's ok for you have while pregnant."
And the last thing I need to do is defend myself to anyone. If someone wants to think I'm a bad person for going out with my friends at a bar one time during this pregnancy, then that's their right to think it. I know who I am and could care less about what others think of me.
Finally, thanks Ella...I couldn't have put it better myself.
February 19th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
i can see where shes comming from in the sense that she thought you were drinking while pregnant, but should have shut up after, it was non alcoholic beer! ignorant ppl stink!
February 20th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Mommy2Ethan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
if she was at a bar for a friends BACHELORETTE PARTY not drinking, its her choice.. its not a bad choice. you shouldnt have to miss out on ANYTHING while pregnant.
so before you judge her saying that she shouldnt have been there because shes pregnant, i would just relax
anyway..

im glad the he girl finally left and im glad she didnt try to fight you! i woulda been just as angry as you!

Ethan Michael 4/13/2006 8 lbs 12 oz 19 inches
Hunter Evan 7/29/2010 9 lbs 1 oz 20 1/2 inches
~Having a baby on my chest being serenaded by my beating heart is nothing short of amazing...~

February 20th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Wisey
I laugh at this story in a good way.

This weekend I was down at the beach with my whole family, and my uncle jumped all over me for not taking a glass a wine. He kept saying one glass would not hurt me. I just wasn't in the mood, and I drank alot before i found out i was pregnant so I have a feeling this little girl has had enough alcohol.
February 20th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Have I ever mentionned how much I love you guys?
February 20th, 2006, 09:34 PM
jennyn's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to jennyn
awww. . . we're glad because we love you too!
February 20th, 2006, 10:41 PM
JuneBug2006's Avatar Forever missing Gracie
Yup, we love you too!!!!!!

*group hug*

and actually, SO took Alex and I out for dinner at The Keg just the other night and I ordered "mocktailed" Pina Colada's! They tasted pretty much the same and I didn't feel bad one bit!

And as for the O'Douls... I am quite sure they are 100% safe for you.... SO's father has a liver disease and is not allowed to drink alcohol.... He has the occasional O'Douls and we stock them for family gatherings at our place so that he can still have a drink and he is safe......
I wouldn't worry about it at all!

Good thing she left though! Ignorant people are the ######s......
And well they come in all forms! not even just in bars!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search