How to deal...

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
K, so if you've read my posts before you know I'm pretty sensitive and the smallest thing will set me off...EVERYONE who knows me knows this about me!!! GRRRRR
Well this morning, I get up, my guy's talking on the phone, so I go make myself breakfast, sit down and eat the whole thing in front of him...The minute he's off the phone, he asks "Do you want me to make you something for breakfast??"
I'm like "You just saw me eating!!" to which he replies he didn't!! Then I reminded him about the phone call he was just on and then he remembers....something that happened like two seconds ago!!! I'm not kidding when I say I just finished eating, went to put my bowl in the sink and THEN right after he asks if I want something to eat!! URGH!!! I just hate how stupid he can be !!
Then I started telling him "I hate when you ask me dumb questions like that!!" But he just interrupts me and says "Is everythign ok this morning? Because I just did something nice by offering and you're biting my head off" or however he put it....So I just shut up and let him have the last word...but FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! Just because in your mind buddy, you think you're being helpful, you end up asking me dumb questions and setting me off, then you ask "is everything alright this morning??" NO EVERYTHING IS NOT ALRIGHT,....I'M PREGNANT IN CASE YOU FORGOT AGAIN!!!!!
He's always taking everythign so personally, so I can't even have a tiny moodswing without him having to either have a talk with me, or starting a fight with me! God, he is just so annoying and I truly feel like he's ruining my life and making things worse by just opening his stupid mouth!! THEN if I don't talk to him about what's bugging me, he goes and snoops here online for his answers so I JUST CAN'T ####### WIN!!! I hate this! I feel like my life is just going down the drain all because he pisses me of left right and center!!
I just can't get a break!!!!

How am I supposed to deal with a moron b/f who is almost always saying stupid or annoying things at the same time as trying to deal with my changing body and hormones???? URGH!!! I just want to curl up in a hole and die!!! I HATE TODAY AND I HATE HIM!!!
February 19th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
sweetie, first thing is... calm down, second thing.. you need to remember, this is a MAN we are talking about... therefore he will say stupid things, not think and you will need to use small words with him....

another thing is, i know you are sensitive and PG... but there is going to come a time where you will need to remember that yes you are pregnant.. therefore you need sometimes check yourself and realize that you cant expect everyone to tiptoe around you all the time and purposly go out of their way to please you ALL the time... your going to have to learn to say "im sorry, im hormonal, thank you for offering"[/b]

i would try not to stress over him...he is a guy and guys dont seem as smart as girls do(hehe)..i think you deserve to be pampered! whether pregnant or not...theres probably only about 1 percent of guys that are actually like that ....the least he could of done was tell the person who he was talking to that he'll call them back later so that he could help you out..that would of been the nice way to do things..###### how important is a phone call to not even notice u sitting there eating!..i wouldnt even aruge with him i dont think its worth your energy! hope things get better for you!

February 19th, 2006, 03:05 PM
irishxrose
Honey, I know exactly how you feel. I've blown up at my fiance a lot this pregnancy because he'll say or do something that just annoys the hell out of me. I feel really bad about it afterwards, because I know he was just trying to be helpful. It'll be okay. Just remember, the hormones are going nuts! Make sure to tell him that.
February 19th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey,
Thanks a million guys (or should I say gals!!)...I know it's just the hormones...I guess I just wish that when I DO get a little pissy, he'd just take a deep breath (of course one that I can't hear him making), and just shrug it off, and say, ok sorry, didn't mean to hit a nerve. That's all I'm asking for. Trust me, I know I can be pretty demanding and very hissy a lot of the times...I just want him to be more understanding about it. I hate having a simple mood swing and have him snap at me or (and this is EVEN WORSE) do the "sit down,...we need to talk" thing...OH GOD I can't even explain how the tone he gives me and the face he makes when he does that just makes my blood boil!!! I know he'll always say and do stupid things...He's a guy! I can't expect all THAT much from him (hehehe!!)...I just wish he was brilliant enough to realize that when I do have these little crabby moments, he should remember that I'm pregnant and way too emotional for my own good. We'd save ourselves sooooo many arguments and fights!! I mean, was it really necessary for him to have asked "is everything ok this morning??" ?? It should be pretty obvious to him by now that I'm just hormonal! That's it! It doesn't mean there's some other deep routed problem that we need to sit down and talk about to death! Like, get over it buddy, I snapped at you, I'm pregnant, that's it!!

Bla...when will this pregnancy be over again? lol I just want my body back to myself now. As much as I love Little Miss Fiona and I love sharing my body with her, I just want like, ONE day to myself...lol Ah! Motherhood...I'll realize soon I'll never have a day to myself again! At least not for another 18 years, and at that point, I won't want to be alone! I'll be desperate to be a part of her life when she's too busy for me!!! lol
February 19th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i noticed your new belly pic its so cute!!!

February 19th, 2006, 08:20 PM
jennyn's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to jennyn
i know exactly where you're coming from! my ex-dh never did figure out how to deal with hormonal problems, and we got into a ton of fights because of that. on the other hand, my bf refuses to fight with me at all, but he gets this quiet shrink-type voice and says something about he knows i'm just being hormonal, blah blah blah. when will they learn that sometimes they just need to say okay, hey look a butterfly (change the subject)?
February 19th, 2006, 10:11 PM
lilmamaw2's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to lilmamaw2 Send a message via Yahoo to lilmamaw2
OMG, our men are twins i sware every day he wakes me up(cuz he works 9pm-9am) and he does it rubbing my belly yah that's what i want rub my belly so incase i didn't notice how big it is i do now thanks alot oh and them laugh and say WHAT?? like he don't know i'm gonna yell at him like i do every morning for it like today is different for some reason and then he'll blow into my belly and scare the crap out of Alexa Cassandra and then i got a baby kicking my full bladder like i want to wake up every morning to this i ask my self every *$%# day can he really be that stupid is it even humanly possiable to be that dumb and to top it off i hardly get sleep at night due to being 8m preggers. and having to pee all night so by the time he comes in i'm so tired that all he has to do is open his mouth and i'm ready to poke both his eyes out and then always has the nerve to say "what is the baby giving you alot of sh** today she must really be kicking your a** " every time he says that i just feel like kicking him or something when he's that stupid so any ways i totally know how you feel and i feel sorry for you i know what your going through
February 20th, 2006, 07:05 AM
Wendie
I think with pregnancy, men can't do anything right. You say that you want your DH to take a deep breath and leave it alone. When I was pregnant, I said the same thing. When my DH would do that, I would get even more mad because he was ignoring me so it still started a fight. Sometimes I feel sorry for men. They have no idea how to handle our hormones when we are pregnant because we don't know how to handle our own hormones sometimes. That is something I realize looking back now. The worst part is that all the hormonal stuff doesn't just disappear immediately after we give birth. At least, it didn't for me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search