questions about coffee

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2006, 12:26 PM
jennyn's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to jennyn
the last article i read on caffiene and pregnancy said that UP TO two cups daily of your average plain jane coffee is pretty safe. lattes and such generally have less coffee = less caffiene = you could probably drink one more and be safe. espresso is more concentrated, and you can therefore drink less. as to whether decaf is any better, it's about sixes. it doesn't have caffiene, but the chemicals used to take it out arent' great for you either. so it's your call. i personally voted to just drink regular, but a LOT less than i used to (i used to drink a pot. . . or two. . . every day. . . by myself. )
February 20th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Mommy2Ethan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i used to drink about 4 cups of coffee a day until i got pregnant.. i have been drinking like 1 cup of decaf a morning and everything is fine

Ethan Michael 4/13/2006 8 lbs 12 oz 19 inches
Hunter Evan 7/29/2010 9 lbs 1 oz 20 1/2 inches
~Having a baby on my chest being serenaded by my beating heart is nothing short of amazing...~

February 20th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I stop every morning for one of those cappuccino coffees (like the kind they have at Tim Hortons...sorry I know a lot of you don't live in Canada and probably have never had Tim Hortons...Umm...like, the powder stuff and it's mixed with water...sounds gross, but it's actually probably the best thing in the world!!)...And I get the large...But I only drink the one and it's only on week days.
I think coffee is ok to have..
February 20th, 2006, 05:23 PM
jewll27's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to jewll27
Quote:
I stop every morning for one of those cappuccino coffees (like the kind they have at Tim Hortons...sorry I know a lot of you don't live in Canada and probably have never had Tim Hortons...Umm...like, the powder stuff and it's mixed with water...sounds gross, but it's actually probably the best thing in the world!!)...And I get the large...But I only drink the one and it's only on week days.
I think coffee is ok to have..[/b]

Your belly is sooo cute!!!!!!
February 20th, 2006, 09:46 PM
JuneBug2006's Avatar Forever missing Gracie
Hmmm, Timmys is alright but I LOVE LOVE LOVE starbucks.....

and I HATE HATE HATE coffee!!!!

I really like the blended creme frappuccinos! (no coffee)
February 21st, 2006, 04:03 AM
Veteran
I normally drink about 4 or more cups of coffee a day along with coke and tea. During my pgs I cut down to 2 cups of coffee but continued to drink other caffinated beverages. My ob would have preffered that I only had 1 cup of coffee but said that she'd rather I have regular than decaf. I never had any problems but wouldn't recommend drinking the amount of caffine that I did while pg. I did cut down a bit more while I was nursing though.
Madeline 9/25/96
Kyle 10/19/04
February 21st, 2006, 05:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Hmmm, Timmys is alright but I LOVE LOVE LOVE starbucks.....

and I HATE HATE HATE coffee!!!!

I really like the blended creme frappuccinos! (no coffee)[/b]

OMG I totally hear ya!! I treat myself to a Starbucks every once in while, but most of the time, I'm cheap and I'll just the cappuccino at the gas station on my way to work...I always get the Mocha Espresso...I think that's what it's called....and when I really want to splurge, I get a frozen drink!! YUMMMYYYYY!!!!!!
February 21st, 2006, 07:59 AM
Mommy2Ethan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
frapachinos from starbucks are heavenly !lol

Ethan Michael 4/13/2006 8 lbs 12 oz 19 inches
Hunter Evan 7/29/2010 9 lbs 1 oz 20 1/2 inches
~Having a baby on my chest being serenaded by my beating heart is nothing short of amazing...~

February 21st, 2006, 10:01 AM
SpugsLady's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to SpugsLady Send a message via Yahoo to SpugsLady
in my pregnancy and baby mag it says 4 cups a day of regular coffee is safe or 8 cups of tea.

Not too sure about decaf though, i test to stay away from coffee now i'm pregnant and just drink tea.

<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search