confused, angry and feeling down

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2006, 11:21 AM
Regular
my partner and i never planned any children. neither of us wanted them. i got pregnant with my daughter while on the pill. i saw the blob on the screen and fell in love with her. telling my partner was awful. he didnt speak to me for a week, and even after that things were really strained for about a year.
my daughter celebrated her 2nd birthday, and within months, i had the familiar sickness feelings, and a positive test. i dreaded the thought of telling my partner again. luckily, i told him i had a hunch before dropping the news on him. he took it better thaan i thought. i thought he was gonna go mad! again, i was on the pill. never missed one, although i did have an episode of food poisoning, which is when im guessing it happened. our son was born, and things were great. hubby talked of nothing else but getting the snip. and thats all he's done, is talk about it.
so ive had a hectic life since the birth of my son, college, uni ect. got my new pack of pills from the docs before christmas, got home and realised the nurse had given me the old pill i was on. no time to go back and change them, and so took 3 months worth before i had a chance to make another doctors appointment. asked the nurse if i would be ok changing back over to the new pill, she said yes, should be. so between jan and feb this year, took new pill. due on last week. guess what? nurse was wrong!
i really dont know what to do. hubby really dosent want any more kids. he's gonna hit the roof! i would go and scream at the silly nurse but i dont think that would make me feel any better. i feel so confused. im really worried about telling him, and i really dont know where that leaves my uni course.ive been under so much stress since christmas, this is the last thing i need. i feel my whole life is ruined
thing thats worrying me most is the fact that this is now 3rd time ive fallen on the pill. what if he thinks ive done this on purpose?

help!
February 21st, 2006, 01:45 PM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
Aw, hun I don't know what to tell you, I'm sorry that you have to go through this.. Are you positive that you're pregnant this time? Before you tell him anything, make sure that you are. You don't need anymore unnecessary stress. I can say don't worry about your guy, but I know its not that simple Just hang in there and everything will turn out for the best. I'm sure he won't think that you're doing this purposely, you're trying to finish school and getting pregnant right now just isn't what you need (I'm guessing, anyways). But if he does, try your best to ignore him.. He'll come around eventually.

I'm not a supporter of abortion, but remember, you do have options.

Good-luck sweetie, I hope everything works out for you
February 21st, 2006, 01:55 PM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hey..sorry that you have to go through this! i wouldnt tell him untill you no that you are def pregnant..try not to feel like your life is runined!..i no its easier said then done but youll get through this..you should tell him that you didnt do it on purpose and that the pill does fail..im actual proof! i really wish i could help you more..he should be by your side no matter what!..thick or thin..i really hope the best for you and i hope u keep us updated! remember keep your chin up!

February 21st, 2006, 07:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. If it's any comfort, I'm 20 years old and in college and found out that I'm preggers with my first child. (I was also on b/c.) And what does my fiance say "You got pregnant on purpose!" I was like "Yes, I wanted to have to take longer to finish college and be tighter with money. You caught me." So if your husband does think that you did it on purpose, just let him know that there are other people who were on b/c and got pregnant. And I agree that you should not feel like your life is ruined. I thought mine was at first, but then I realized that there are lots of young mothers out there that go back to school and still lead a normal life after having a baby. So hang in there! Good luck and keep us posted about whether or not you're preggers again!
Northcutt2Be
February 22nd, 2006, 11:27 AM
Regular
thanks you guys, your kind words have made me feel a bit better about things today. at least i dont feel so alone anymore!
done 2 home tests, both positive. didnt even have to wait the 2 minutes! result came up straight away. just confirms what i already knew deep down really. now for the hard part.... telling hubby
i pre warned him this morning that i was a bit worried i might be, so hopefully telling him when he gets home shouldnt be so bad (fingers crossed)
got to find out where i stand at uni. i started in september doing a 3 year degree in nursing. hopefully i will still be allowed to finish it.
i got some bad news when i checked my dates too. my son's and daughters birthdays are within 2 weeks of eachother. this one is due the day before my son's birthday. guess october is gonna be an expensive time of year in the future!

once again, thanks so much for the support.
i'll let you all know how hubby takes it tomorrow

oh...... forgot to ask, any good cures for morning sickness?
February 22nd, 2006, 12:08 PM
jennyn's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to jennyn
congrats on your BFP! and hopefully your dh will be ok after having a whole day to work it out in his head a little bit.
as for morning sickness. . . i found that limes helped me a little bit- at least they only made me nauseous instead of making me puke. the best was a cranberry-lime smoothie.
good luck again!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search