introducing myself

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2006, 02:39 PM
Joanna1127's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Joanna1127
Hello all,

I'm Joanna, 27 from MA. I am currently expecting my first baby on or around September 19th. This baby was a very big surprise and I don't think its quite yet sunken in fully. I have a serious boyfriend who is very supportive and is getting more and more excited about the baby. The hard part of this all, asides from me suffering my m/s so bad is that I'm really scared. I'm having a hard time getting excited and this thinking really bothers me because I've always wanted to be a mom.

Also I'm starting a new teaching job on Monday and I'm not quite sure when to tell them. I don't want people to look down on me. I feel that I'm not married and thats a bad influence on the kids and parents will talk, etc. Overall, I'm just wondering if I can really do this.

Any support would be greatly appreciated.
February 23rd, 2006, 02:45 PM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wanted to say... hey im from ma to! thats cool hehe..congrats on your pregnancy...you might be having a hard time getting excited but wait untill you hear your babys heartbeat...and when you finally get to see it from the ultrasound youll fall in love!...i was kinda like u in the beginning i wasnt excited but after awhile i became excited and when i heard my peanuts heartbeat i fell in love!...alot of people arnt married(im not) and are either having kids or have kids already..people shouldnt look down on you because of that and if they do well screw them! they dont no u..i wish u the best of luck and a happy and healthy pregnancy!

February 23rd, 2006, 02:49 PM
Quote:
wanted to say... hey im from ma to! thats cool hehe..congrats on your pregnancy...you might be having a hard time getting excited but wait untill you hear your babys heartbeat...and when you finally get to see it from the ultrasound youll fall in love!...i was kinda like u in the beginning i was excited but after awhile i became excited and when i heard my peanuts heartbeat i fell in love!...alot of people arnt married(im not) and are either having kids or have kids already..people shouldnt look down on you because of that and if they do well screw them! they dont no u..i wish u the best of luck and a happy and healthy pregnancy![/b]

thanks for the welcome! I'm just north of Boston, where are you?

the thing that worries me is that I have seen the heartbeat on u/s and I did get teary eyed, but I'm still so worried.
February 23rd, 2006, 03:03 PM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thanks for the welcome! I'm just north of Boston, where are you?

the thing that worries me is that I have seen the heartbeat on u/s and I did get teary eyed, but I'm still so worried.
[/quote]

im from springfield i hate it so much! i really hope things go good for you and that you start getting excited give it time...your also lucky that u have a supportive bf on your side thats a plus! if u ever wanna talk feel free to pm me anytime!

February 23rd, 2006, 03:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Maren
Quote:
Also I'm starting a new teaching job on Monday and I'm not quite sure when to tell them. I don't want people to look down on me. I feel that I'm not married and thats a bad influence on the kids and parents will talk, etc. Overall, I'm just wondering if I can really do this.

Any support would be greatly appreciated.[/b]
Well if your just starting the job there is no reason that they need or even have to know for that matter that you and your boyfriend are not maried. Like already mentioned there are plenty of parents that are not married. Im sure that at least one of your new students there parents had them while they were dating. What grade will you be teaching? I doubt that the kids will even think to say oh my she isnt married, i think that is the last thing on there minds. If the parents look down on you well then shame on them there is nothing wrong with having a child with someone when your not married. It has become more and more common. I myself am 19 and pregnant with my little surprise. I was worried that i would be looked down on by my parents coworkers and such. But honestly once they found out i got no rude comments like your so young or but your not married or any other uncomfortable rude questions like that. Just about everyone congradulated me and it made me feel so happy that no one thought differently of me because i am having a child with my boyfriend many of them were excited and cant wait to see the baby. Yes our situations are completely different but rember that many of these coworkers are parents themself and a few of them have had children before they married. Well i hope this helps a little bit true there will be the ocasional person that disaproves of having children while not married but i dont think they will go to the point of looking down on you.
CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!!

Visit my blog to find out how you can earn amazon gift cards
As well as just updates from me on everything!
http://lifeasmaren.blogspot.com/

February 23rd, 2006, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Quote:

Any support would be greatly appreciated.[/b]
Well if your just starting the job there is no reason that they need or even have to know for that matter that you and your boyfriend are not maried. Like already mentioned there are plenty of parents that are not married. Im sure that at least one of your new students there parents had them while they were dating. What grade will you be teaching? I doubt that the kids will even think to say oh my she isnt married, i think that is the last thing on there minds. If the parents look down on you well then shame on them there is nothing wrong with having a child with someone when your not married. It has become more and more common. I myself am 19 and pregnant with my little surprise. I was worried that i would be looked down on by my parents coworkers and such. But honestly once they found out i got no rude comments like your so young or but your not married or any other uncomfortable rude questions like that. Just about everyone congradulated me and it made me feel so happy that no one thought differently of me because i am having a child with my boyfriend many of them were excited and cant wait to see the baby. Yes our situations are completely different but rember that many of these coworkers are parents themself and a few of them have had children before they married. Well i hope this helps a little bit true there will be the ocasional person that disaproves of having children while not married but i dont think they will go to the point of looking down on you.
CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!!
[/b]
Thanks Maren! I appreciate your understanding. I will be teaching 2nd grade. Sometimes you just never know what will come out of children's mouths. I'm also afraid to tell the principal. I plan to wait till I'm really showing, but still.

I'll keep you posted and congrats on your baby too.
February 23rd, 2006, 04:57 PM
JuneBug2006's Avatar Forever missing Gracie
Welcome to the board, Joanna!

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search