Hard time eating...

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2006, 09:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
Hey, Girls! Well I just had a quick question for all of you. Everytime I eat, whether it be morning, afternoon, or evening, I eat a little bit (not as much even as I did before I was pregnant) and then I start feeling like if I take another bite I will throw up. I'm so baffled by it. I mean, I don't feel nauseous before I start eating, but once I eat a little bit then I start literally choking my food down to keep it down. Please tell me if this has happened to any of you, and if so what did you do???
Northcutt2Be
February 23rd, 2006, 09:28 PM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
I don't know if its the same thing.. But when I was pregnant, I always felt full.. And whenever I tried to eat, I could just eat a little bit and that was it.. I was so confused by it because I thought when you're pregnant you're supposed to eat a lot.. But I had a smaller appetite then before I was pregnant.. I didn't feel so much like I was going to throw up, but I felt very full..

I read that it helps if you eat more small meals throughout the day then eating a few big ones.. But that may not be your case.. Sorry I couldn't be of more help Hope you start feeling more.. Hungry
February 24th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I can understand how you feel... every morning when I eat toast for breakfast (and I have to because of my gestational diabetes) I can take a bite or two, then I have to choke the rest of it down as fast as I can because if I dont, I might throw it up.

I usually like toast but for some reason I just have a hard time stomaching it in the morning....when I really need to eat it.

When I feel that way with other foods, I think some of it might be the pressure of the baby pushing on my insides when I'm eating. There's just not as much room in there as there used to be. It kind of goes along with going to the bathroom all the time....there's just not much room for baby and organs and all the other stuff.

For you, since you are 7 wks, it might be morning sickness....or the fact that your insides are moving around to accomodate the baby growing inside of you. Your insides get pushed around and squished as the amniotic sac and placenta and baby grow.

I love my 3 girls and little boy:

Mom to Jessica - 19 yrs old, Amber - 18 yrs old, Sebastian - 2 months
February 24th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh yes, I know just what you mean!! I was VERY sick during my first trimester...I lost a lot of weight! I would be fine until I ate something...then after a few bites, off the washroom I went to throw it all up...Morning sickness at its finest!! lol I agree with Ella, try eating small light meals, and that it's not full of spices. Try crackers with cheese or just plain crackers. Drink a LOT of juice/water/milk/gingerale/7-up...Whatever you can hold down. Consumé soup might help also. Um,...what else? I ate a lot of fruit...bananas with peanut butter, plums, pears, oranges...This may help for you too. And keep taking your prenatal vitamines...this will help make sure you're still getting all the stuff you need to keep baby healthy. Don't be like me and wuss out if the prenatals make you sick or constipated... push through it!!
I hope this all helps!
February 24th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am 4 months now. It is morning sickness for sure. I had the same probs. Cheese and crackers saved my life. More specifically, pepper/jack cheese, and triskits. ha This time will pass, and you will be able to eat normal in a couple months. Hang in there!
February 24th, 2006, 01:20 PM
irishxrose
I know exactly what you're talking about! It sounds like the beginnings of morning sickness. Crackers saved my life! Try to eat small meals too, like 4-6 a day.
February 24th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
Thanks a lot for the replies gals!! I haven't actually thrown up though, and it's not in the morning. It usually happens with my lunch and dinner. Once my fiance gets paid (we are super broke right now) I'll got get some stuff to snack on throughout the day. Maybe that will help! Thanks again for the replies. Oh and I hope ya'll like the pics I added! The first one is me of course, and the second one is my fiance, Randy!
Northcutt2Be
February 25th, 2006, 12:48 AM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
welcome to the wonderful world of pregnancy... I was the same way with all my pregnancies.. I was sick morning noon and night with all three for the first trimester.. With Walker I lost 17 pounds, Braxton I lost a whopping 35 pounds, and with this one I lost 12 pounds.. With the boys I gained most of the weight back.. But with this one I have yet to gain it.....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search