what was your reaction

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2006, 04:30 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
just wondering what everyones reaction was when they found out they were pregnant...i flipped! and my heart was pounding knowing that i had to tell my bf i was pregnant...how the heck does birthcontrol fail? its something i never quiet figured out..i actually took more then 3 test to finally realize the test wasnt wrong..hey i still didnt really believe it untill i had a blood test i love my peanut though hope everyone shares there reaction!

February 24th, 2006, 07:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Maren
lol i was on BC as well i freaked out after i missed my period in october but i had a doctors appointment so i went in and talked to her about it. She told me that its normal to miss one period while on BC but if i miss next months period to take a test and stop taking my BC. Well here comes November and look no period, lol the last day of my would be period my BF calls me asks "are you bleeding yet?" that was still a big no so i crawled out of bed to go pee on the test, i didnt want to watch it because i knew it was going to say positive sure enough positive. We found out at the same time cause we were on the phone when i took it, i cryed because i was both scared and excited. He was just plain excited!! I only took one test but i dont think it hit me that i was pregnant untill i went to the doctor and heard the heart beat and when i went for the dating ultra sound and actually got to see that yea there is a little baby in there. Lol i had no signs or symptoms besides the late period.

Visit my blog to find out how you can earn amazon gift cards
As well as just updates from me on everything!
http://lifeasmaren.blogspot.com/

February 24th, 2006, 08:01 AM
JennieMarie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennieMarie
Well something told me to take a test one day after work, while I was driving. I actually was having a lot of stomach pains… but technically I wasn’t late but still early enough to take a test... So basically the next morning at 4:30 AM before I went to pick up my boyfriend from work I took a test… but I thought I messed it up so... I just put it away but on my way to work at 7:30 AM I was like hey why not look at it… and there it was two lines!! crazy… so I didn’t want to tell my boyfriend nothing until I took another just in case I really did messed the test up and beside three hours have past since the results came in so during lunch I took one and yup now there was a plus sign confirming it… so after I told a couple people including my boyfriend I still wasn’t convinced that yesterday I took my third test.. The digital one to make sure and once again positive… so ya it’s slowly sinking it... Just can’t wait to go to the doctors to see how far along I really am.
Mommy: 24 Daddy: 27 Jianna Marie (10/20) @ 9:09 AM 6lbs. 6 oz. & 19 1/2 inches long

February 24th, 2006, 08:28 AM
lilmamaw2's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to lilmamaw2 Send a message via Yahoo to lilmamaw2
i was totally shocked i thought i might of been preg. but didn't put much thought into it i remember i woke up one morning and sat straight up out of bed and told my hubby i need to take a test i think i'm preg. he said "what???" "ok" well we both put it off and one day as a joke a cupple of weeks later i was at my sisters and was board and decided to take a test just for some entertainment well to my suprize before i could even pull up my pants sure enough it was positive so much for a lil' entertainment now i'm 34wks almost 35wk and feel like crap but i'll have a lil' girl out of it!!!!!! just a lil hint for every one never get board a your sisters house you might learn something that'll change your life forever so anyways i was shocked and then to hear it's a girl really shocked me and my hubby but we're both excited and can't wait till she's here!!!!
February 24th, 2006, 08:30 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I kind of had a feeling I was pregnant and just took the test to rule it out. My periods were always irregular so going a while without one didn't send off any red flags for me. I was having some crampy twinges but nothing like when af is coming so I peed on a stick. I set it down in front of me and before I even got up the 2 lines came up dark as can be! I almost fell off the toilet! I called my fiance in the bathroom,showed him the test and told him I was pregnant--hearts were pounding but we were thrilled! We hugged a while and I took the day off work and we hung around all day talking about it and I took 3 more tests that day just to be sure. After miscarrying a couple years ago we were cautious at first but before long we were caught up in all the baby excitement!

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

February 24th, 2006, 08:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I took a pregnancy test to "jump start" my period. I have pcos and have really irregular periods. I've taken so many tests with negative results that I just ignored them. Dr even told me that I probably wasn't going to have any more children.

When a pos one came out, I walked into the bedroom stunned, looked at dh and said "uhhhhh, I think I'm pregnant". He was speechless, too. I couldn't believe it so I just tossed the thing in the bathroom garbage (where my kids saw it and started asking me if I was preggo). I went to the dr's the next day because I still couldn't believe it.

Lol, well (looks at her big belly)...I guess I can believe it now

I love my 3 girls and little boy:

Mom to Jessica - 19 yrs old, Amber - 18 yrs old, Sebastian - 2 months
February 24th, 2006, 10:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, after two weeks of a tugging feeling in my tummy and thinking I had cancer, the last think I thought was pregnancy since I was on the pill...But when I was late, I took the test just to rule it out, and OMG!!! POSITIVE???? I was in the washroom at a restaurant with my cousin, so I was like "omg! what does two lines mean again??? OMG ! I'm PREGNANT!!! OMG!!" Then we both started jumping up and down for joy, we both cries happy tears! Then when I told my b/f I was like "um....so you know those pains in my tummy? and you know how I was like a few days late? well, I took a test...and it's positive.. OMG!! PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME! I'M KEEPING THE BABY AND I WANT YOU TO BE THERE! I'M SOOOO SORRY !!"
He stayed really calm, and just "that's ok! This is ok! We'll make it work and I would never leave you over something like this!! This is our baby!!!"

Sniff..Just remembering that day makes me tear up...I'm soooo happy!!!
February 24th, 2006, 12:17 PM
jennyn's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to jennyn
after 48 hours of not even being able to hold water down, i walked off my job and went to the after-hours clinic (i worked a swing shift). i thought i had some sort of horrible disease and didn't want to give it to any of my patients- it might kill them! i didn't think for a minute i could be pregnant, and af wasn't due for another week. they drew a ton of blood and after lying there for an hour, the doctor comes back in and says, "how would you feel about being pregnant?" and i was all "i don't know. am I pregnant?" and she says yes and i said "okay. good to know." she gave me something to stop the vomiting and i walked out to my car and just sat there in the parking lot for a while, and i didn't really understand what she told me, so i just sat there looking at the paper with all the test results. i finally called my bf and told him i was coming over and he wanted to know why i wasn't at work and i just hung up on him. i got there and he totally thought i was going to break up with him and instead i told him i was pregnant. he just got this big grin on his face and i sat there not believing it some more. i didn't really believe it until i started feeling the baby move, not even after three u/s and hearing and seeing her little heart beat. hell some days i still have a hard time believing it!
February 24th, 2006, 12:25 PM
irishxrose
I screamed. Then my DF just looked at me and smiled. We hugged and kissed and yeah. It was cute.
February 25th, 2006, 12:00 AM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
With Walker I had just had a miscarriage a month before and my sister was the one who caught some odd behavior.. I told her that no that I couldn't be pg.. But in fact I was.. We jumped up and down...

With Braxton, we had been trying to concieve for three years after loosing a baby in 2001.. We so wanted to have sibling for Walker.. We almost gave up... Then I had some problems and got put on BC.... I ended up pg while on the pill.. I took the test at 4 am in the morning.. And my hubby was asleep on the couch because he didn't want to bother me because I was already having sickness.. I ran and jumped on the couch. Yelling I'm pregnant...

With this one.. Braxton wasn't very old.. And I finally got my periods back well I had one for March, April, and May.. Then I skipped June and July... Which is nothing unusual for me... I usually only had 6 a year... Well I skipped August as well.. And I was wanting to start loosing weight.. My sis told me that I might want to check it out... So I went and got a pg test.. I took it.. And when I brought it up it was already turning positive.. I dropped it and broke it.. I showed my sister.. She said I was.. I told her oh no the air just hit it.... So I made an appointment with my doctor.. And he confirmed it... I cried and cried for a week... I just didn't see how it took so long to get pg after Walker.. And here it was only 6 months after I had Braxton and I was pg again
February 25th, 2006, 06:52 AM
Veteran
I just knew that I was pg before AF was even due. I didn't bother with a HPT. I just called my Dr and told her to run a HCG. She thought that I was nuts. I was 41, was using BC, have fibroids and endometriosis and my DH had bilateral hydroceles. I told her to just run the ###### test. She called me back the next day and confirmed my suspicions. I was sooooo depressed for a while but got really excited after a few months. We couldn't imagine not having Kyle now
Madeline 9/25/96
Kyle 10/19/04
February 26th, 2006, 01:50 PM
gtsscott's Avatar Veteran
I had heartburn, which I never get unless I am pregnant.

Did a home test and Bam.......BFP.

Hubs was stunned but handled this one better than the last which I m/c.

February 26th, 2006, 06:47 PM
JuneBug2006's Avatar Forever missing Gracie
Well, I had mixed feelings.....

I was VERY happy that I was able to have another child and with someone special...

But at the same time, I instantly got super scared about what my hunny's reaction would be..........

We weren't quite planning to have a baby so soon and basically had thought about 2 years from now...........

But it has worked out great and we could not be any happier!
February 26th, 2006, 10:56 PM
bluebutterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a few scares before but had always gotten a negative so when I tested this time I was expecting the same thing. And then I saw the two lines and completely freaked. I cried and cried and then went and bought like 3 more tests and with each one I cried even more lol. And then when it hit me that I was going to have to tell the father, a guy I had known under 2 months, I had the biggest panic attack. But it all turned out okay. Even though being pregnant was the last thing I wanted when I found out I'm now so excited and can't wait to meet my baby.

Thank you tasha_mae for the awesome siggy!

February 27th, 2006, 01:53 AM
Pharry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i tested when I was a day overdue cause i have a very regular period, and 3 tests later I still didn't believe it. , anyway now with a belly way out there and all the aches and pains, cant exactly ignore it, and am loving it.

Took me 3 days to gather the courage to tell the baby's father, cant blame me, i was scared s***less.
February 27th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Hart_N_Sole
Kind of new to this board... I am over on the Due Date May 2006 board...

Our pregnancy was not planned. I actually found out by pure accident. I'd been going in to see my doctor to have a colposcopy done (to check and see if I have cervical cancer) and she had to do a mandatory pregnancy test first. I went into her office so we could discuss the procedure, and she came in and told me, "You're pregnant!" I kind of stared at her for a second, and said "I am?" but it still did not click... I had to go out into the waiting room and tell my boyfriend (we'd only been together just under three months) and I would not even look him in the eye as I told him. I regret that now, because we both were THRILLED once the initial shock wore off. We're engaged now, getting married in July, after our son is born.
February 28th, 2006, 04:41 PM
To be honest, I laughed so hard until I fell down and tears came to my eyes. Then I laughed until it hurt to keep laughing - I think the term would be hysterical. You'd think 10 years of birth control would have made it harder to get pregnant, eh?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search