A Little Advice...

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2006, 08:54 AM
JennieMarie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennieMarie
Hey guys! I just wanted to see if any of you guys can give me some advice!?! Well here is the thing… I just recently found out that I am pregnant… my doctor’s appt. isn’t until March 2nd, but I already have three positive home tests! I am 21 and my boyfriend is 23. We just recently moved in together early this February! But the thing is that I am terrified to tell my parents.. I have no idea why… I'm not al little girl no more but for some reason if won’t come out of my mouth when I talk to them. Anyways just wanted to see how some of you told your parents….
Mommy: 24 Daddy: 27 Jianna Marie (10/20) @ 9:09 AM 6lbs. 6 oz. & 19 1/2 inches long

February 24th, 2006, 09:39 AM
lilmamaw2's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to lilmamaw2 Send a message via Yahoo to lilmamaw2
well i totally understand i'm having my second and was worrid how to tell them i'm 22yr and married to my hubby who is 24 well 25in may and we have a 19m old lil boy and we've been living together for 5yrs and for some weird reason i had the same trouble as you do but i just blurted it out one day on the phone well i was talking to my lil brother and he asked if i'd be drinking on saturday(during the football game) and i said well i can't he was stumped and asked "why you don't have the money or what???" " i said well not exactly" then he said "what???" and then he said well dad wants to know if you'll pick him up some smokes on you way out here(they live 35-45min.s away) i said well i don't smoke any more and he said "YOUR PREGNANT" i said um' may be let me talk to mom so then i just told her and she told every one but my brother beat her to it!!!and then this time i just blurted it out in there kitchen one day!!!
February 24th, 2006, 10:17 AM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
I understand completely.. Although I'm not married and only 17 But I think that it would be difficult at any age.. I mean they're your parents and now you're going to be a parent.. Its a happy time, but its also very scary.. I couldn't even tell my parents.. My BF freaked out and called my mother and told her when I broke the news to him lol.. And then when I had to tell my dad, I got my BF to call and tell him before I talked to him.. It was just too hard and I'm already afraid to talk to my dad

But I think they all come around somehow in the end.. Even if they don't show it, I think that they're all happy somewhere inside because they're getting a grandchild That's like one of the best gifts ever.
February 24th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
well, I know my mom very well, and she's got a great sense of humor and she's a really warm fuzzy kind of person...I got her a card that said "Congrats on your new granchild!" then inside there was this cute little poem that ended with "ready, set, spoil! Let the grandtimes begin!!" (I cry almost everytime I think of it)
And then I wrote inside "Mom, not knowing your reaction, I thought I give you this card because even though this was unexpected, and you may be disappointed in me now, I hope that one day you'll back at this card and remember it as one of the happiest days of you life."

She read the first line and was like "Wha...Grandchild? Huhn? GRANDCHILD!! OMG!! YOU'RE PREGNANT!!" and to my surprise she just jumped up and started crying tears of joy and kept saying "OMG I'M SOOO HAPPY!!!" then she came over and gave me the biggiest hug ever! I swear it was totally a kodak moment!!!

I think the best way to tell your parents is by keeping in mind their personalities. If your parents like to joke a lot, then play a joke on them where the punch line is "I'm pregnant!"...If they're very quiet ppl, then have them over for a nice quiet dinner, and just tell them at the end of the meal. You know them best, and know how to talk to them better than us. If you're happy abotu this pregnancy, then make sure you tell them in a happy way, regardless of what kind of reaction they have. They need to know this is a good thing to you!
And of course CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW LITTLE BEANER!!!! WOOOHOOOO!
February 24th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
Hey!! It seems like not that long ago I had the same exact post "How do I tell my mom?" I know what you're feeling. I'm my mom's "baby" so it was sooo hard for me to tell her. I mean, she knew I wasn't a virgin (my fiance and I also live together) but I was just scared as to what her reaction was going to be. I thought she was going to be disappointed in me, and that's always my worst fear when I'm dealing with my mom. So I just called her and said "Well I have some good or bad news however you want to take it. I'm pregnant." And then she didn't believe me and thought that I was kidding! Lol. Well finally I told her I wasn't kidding and she got really quiet and I asked her if she was mad and she said no, that being mad wouldn't do any good. Well things have been going great. She called me yesterday and said that she got some "cute things" for the baby, so she seems really excited. Good luck if you haven't already told them. I know it won't be as bad as expected!
Northcutt2Be
February 26th, 2006, 07:55 PM
JuneBug2006's Avatar Forever missing Gracie
Heh, with my first pregnancy I was only 15........ It was "somewhat" planned which I know was quite irresponsible of us, but no regrets!........I didn't tell my mom until I was about 6.5 months along, mostly due to the fact that I was scared ######less......... I had moved out already, had my own place, and so she didn't see me every day.... She did say that she had some idea though..... lol

When Ry and I found out about our pregnancy this time around, I was quite nervous to tell the family....... Mostly thinkinb about the last time around, although 9 years has passed since then.......
I ended up telling my mom by accident when I was 12 weeks along early December....(We hadn't planned on telling anyone until after Christmas for two reasons, 1st being that my son was going to be told on Christmas morning, and 2 because we wanted to make sure everything was going smoothly).......

I didn't tell my dad until about 2 months later and he was well, quite upset with me because I hadn't told him earlier......

But they are soooooo happy for us!
February 27th, 2006, 08:12 AM
JennieMarie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennieMarie
Thanks everyone for their advice!! I really appreciate. I actually had a dream the other night tha tI told my mom and she totally walked away from me... but after my doctor's visit I'll probably call them up. and get it over with.
Mommy: 24 Daddy: 27 Jianna Marie (10/20) @ 9:09 AM 6lbs. 6 oz. & 19 1/2 inches long

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search