Baby stuff!!!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Maren
well we have a few sleepers, towel, wash clothe, i have a jogging travel system, and tomorrow im getting the play pen bouncer and a few toys!!!

Visit my blog to find out how you can earn amazon gift cards
As well as just updates from me on everything!
http://lifeasmaren.blogspot.com/

February 24th, 2006, 11:43 PM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
since it hasn't been such a long time since we had Braxton we still have most of the stuff.. We are just buying her some outfits
February 25th, 2006, 05:14 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
well considering we dont no the sex yet we havent bought much...i have my ultasound next week so after that ill def be going shopping (so will my mom/grandma there excited) i do have some stuff like socks and wash cloths/bibs and a couple of hats that either a boy or girl could wear but once i find out what it is im gonna go shopping to!

February 25th, 2006, 09:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
Well since I'm not that far along I haven't bought anything. My MIL said it's "bad luck" to by anything until after the 3rd month, but my mom has already bought some either gender clothes. I haven't got to see them yet though. I bet they are super cute!! (My mom LOVES shopping for babies) I'm hoping to get the furniture itself from someone at the baby shower. But if not then we'll shell out for it!!
Northcutt2Be
February 25th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We've got quite a bit:

A crib (the family crib that was passed down to us, but that means we hand it down to the next one who has a baby as long as this one is big enough for a bed), change table (which is aparently not good enough according to his mom...URHG!), a mattress for the crib, a 3-in-1 stroller/car seat/carrier, tons of diapers and wipes, shampoo/lotion/power/cream/ect...baby thermometer, a baby "booger remover" (lol I have no idea what it's called, but it's like a little squeeze thing that sucks out baby boogers), lots of clothes (new and given to us second hand), the bed set (blankets, sheets, ect) for the crib,...

We're pretty set...we're waiting for the shower to get some of the following:
garbage can for diapers, mobile, playpen, more clothes, maybe a dresser, breast-pump system thingy, blankets, baby monitors,...
I'm drawing a blank for the rest of the stuff!!! lol

All I can say to those of you who are on a tighter budget like we are, WALMART!!!! And don't be "too good" to check out garage sales, thrift stores, and the likes, because you can find some cool stuff there that can be worked on and refurbished!!! You can save tons of money that way!!!
February 25th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Maren
Quote:
All I can say to those of you who are on a tighter budget like we are, WALMART!!!! And don't be "too good" to check out garage sales, thrift stores, and the likes, because you can find some cool stuff there that can be worked on and refurbished!!! You can save tons of money that way!!![/b]
I second this im getting a bunch of things second hand from people. Also if your on a budget see where you can "cut" corners like do you really need to spend $100 some dollars on a changing table when you can buy a few changin pads that you can use anywhere. Thats what im doing at least plus i dont have room for a changing table lol

Visit my blog to find out how you can earn amazon gift cards
As well as just updates from me on everything!
http://lifeasmaren.blogspot.com/

February 25th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
All I can say to those of you who are on a tighter budget like we are, WALMART!!!! And don't be "too good" to check out garage sales, thrift stores, and the likes, because you can find some cool stuff there that can be worked on and refurbished!!! You can save tons of money that way!!![/b]
I second this im getting a bunch of things second hand from people. Also if your on a budget see where you can "cut" corners like do you really need to spend $100 some dollars on a changing table when you can buy a few changin pads that you can use anywhere. Thats what im doing at least plus i dont have room for a changing table lol
[/b]

Hey, What a great idea about the changing pads! You can change the baby anywhere! Pretty smart!!
February 25th, 2006, 04:29 PM
jennyn's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to jennyn
all i can say is thank god i still have all my stuff from dd! i had to buy a new bassinette because the one i used with her was a family thing and is currently in use, and i will need a breast pump this time around that i didn't need before (holy crap, those things get expensive!). also i need a new crib mattress because dd is using her crib mattress on her toddler bed. weve bought diapers, and some wipes, and a new dresser.

changing pads- i never did see the use for a changing table. i went to the fabric store and got waterproof flannel designed for this, bought a couple of yards and cut it into a dozen or so squares. poof! any surface is now a changing table! for under 10 bucks!
February 25th, 2006, 07:26 PM
JuneBug2006's Avatar Forever missing Gracie
So far, we have bought:
Travel system
Bassinet
Swing
Aquarium Bouncer
2 packs of diapers -Size NB and 1.....
A Bath set- Johnson & Johnson's.....
Grooming set
bibs
some clothes
receiving blankets, wash clothes.........
February 26th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Wisey
So far we have:

Crib
Changing table/dresser
Glider
Breast Pump
Tummy time thing
Clothes
Blankets
Diapers
Bottles
Toys
Books

Plus I have some more things i need to pick up that a friend is giving to me
February 26th, 2006, 09:41 AM
lilmamaw2's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to lilmamaw2 Send a message via Yahoo to lilmamaw2
every thing-
crib
car seat
blankets
baby sick set (all the stuff you'll need if baby gets sick)
bouncer
dresser
changeing table
swing
books
clothes-
dresses
onzies
sleepers
play outfits
shirts
pants/shorts
towels
wash clothes
shoes
socks
head bands
bows to put in hair
hats (to keep her protected from the sun)
swim ware
bath robe
swim robe
bassenett
pack-n-play
diaperbag
lots of diapers
booties
hand things ( to keep her from scraching herself)
toys
bath toys
play mats
baby e. dvds
wipes
wipes warmer
bottles
bottle warmer
brest-pump
smile saver card form sears
baby 3-stage bath tub
baby book
hand-foot print molding set
car seat cover in case it's cold
stroller
wall hangings for her room
rug for her floor
glider
crib bed set
wall decorations for her room
gates(to keep big brother out of her room when shes sleeping)
coats in case it's cold
jackets in case its cold
that's all i can think of but i think i'm missing something any ways we're ready for her we're just waiting for her to decided to make her grand entrance!!!!!
February 26th, 2006, 10:09 AM
irishxrose
We finally got the crib! We ordered it last night.

we also have:
Care Bears bedding set ()
a bunch of onesies
blankets
toys
diaper bag
bottles

That's about it.... I need to get my butt in gear.
February 27th, 2006, 02:38 PM
butterfly_dreams
Although my daughter is going to be 1 yrs old in 17 days, I still remember preparing for her arrival

I stocked up on Pampers in various sizes up to size 4!
Tons of receiving blankets
burp pads
lots of neutral sleepers and outfits until we found out the sex, and then I bought tons of pink & purple LOL!!
Gripe Water
bum creams
diaper bag
unscented wipes
bottles
liners
baby lotions
baby bubble bath, the eucalyptus & lavender scented ones
baby shampoo
baby washclothes
car seat
change table
crib
basinette
carebear crib bedding
extra quilts
baby mittens
baby socks
Lots of diaper shirts
extra sheets for the matress
baby medicine (which I bought towards the end because of the expiration dates)
thermometer
nail care kit
3 huge square laundry baskets, one for bedding, blankets, towels, and the other just for clothes, and the other just for extra diapers, bum cream, wipes so I could move it around room to room instead of always having to go into the nursery, I just left that basket in the living room)

Thats all I can think of for now.
February 28th, 2006, 11:54 AM
starryeyes22's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to starryeyes22
Awww!!! I cant wait until I can go shopping!. i dont have anything from my previous two and besides I was really a teen when I had my first 2. But I am trying to hold out until at least 12-15 weeks. I saw the crib i want but I dont know what color I want it in yet. I am hoping for a girl. It sounds like most of you are set. I am so excited for you!!!

February 28th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Hart_N_Sole
Well, we have just about everything...

-Crib
-Changing Table
-Dresser
-2 Rocking Chairs (one slider, one regular)
-Wardrobe & Shoes (from NB - 24 months of age)
-3 Diaper Bags
-Diapers & Wipies
-Bottles & Sipper Cups
-Digital Thermometer
-Baby Shampoo/Lotion/Powder
-Teething Toys
-Receiving Blankets
-Burp Cloths

My baby shower is on April 1st, and my grandfather said he'd take me out to buy me a stroller, carseat, play pen, brest pump, and high chair... And he is putting a $1000 into savings to start Connor off. I plan to buy the baby bedding hopefully next month. The quilt and bumpers I want add up to $50 (not too bad). Then I should be all set for my baby boy...
February 28th, 2006, 04:48 PM
gtsscott's Avatar Veteran
I bought a dummy .............

But my 19 month old got to it and decided to revert back to babyhood (so I have to throw it away)

I'm lucky because I have all her stuff and this one is a girl too so I won't need much more than I already have

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search