drinking before you know your pregnant

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2006, 02:54 PM
MandieJo's Avatar Member
i found out i was pregnant in the middle of january but for new years i had a little more than my share of alcohol we are unsure of due date but chances are i was pregnant about a month when i went drinking has anyone else consumed alcohol in early pregnancy before they knew and if so was your child ok or normal...... did it have any symptoms of FAS?
February 27th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
As much as they say ANY drinking can cause FAS, there are soooo many woman who drank before knowing they were preggers. I myself, think I got pregnant while I was hammered one night at my cousin's wedding ...lol I wouldn't worry too much about it, but the best person to bring you that peace of mind will be your doctor. Make it one of your first questions, and you'll see how quickly you'll feel better about it.
CONGRATS ON YOUR BEANER!!
February 27th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
I also had barely conceived around the New Year's Eve mark, got trashed that night, then a few weeks after that. I asked my doctor and he said as long as I had stopped drinking, that those two times wouldn't affect the baby. But of course, like everyone else has said, for the extra reassurance ask your doc!
Northcutt2Be
February 28th, 2006, 06:55 AM
jennyn's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to jennyn
i went on a three-day binge right before i found out i was pregnant this time and my doc said she'd be fine. they used to prescribe alcohol to women in preterm labor- like my grandma, and all five of her kids turned out fine (although the one is an alcoholic now)
February 28th, 2006, 08:22 AM
JCat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your little person should be fine. I got pregnant when I was really drunk, not just buzzed but drunk. It was a going away party for some of my mates co workers. My little girl's okay.

February 28th, 2006, 11:28 AM
irishxrose
I didn't know I was pregnant till I was eight and a half weeks along, so I had quite a few drinking binges in that time... but Joshua looks healthy, so I'm not too worried about it. I stopped drinking immediately after I found out, so I'm pretty sure he's fine. True, it's in my mind, but I try not to let it get to me.
March 1st, 2006, 10:39 AM
I had two days of drinking before I found out I was pregnant and I when I asked my doctor about it, he told me that if it isn't an every day occurance you should be just fine. He also said that during the two-three weeks that you are prego but don't know it yet, anything that you consume (medicines/alcohol) will either terminate the pregnancy or have no effect at all. Don't stress about it, the stress will be worse for the baby then the drinking binges.
March 1st, 2006, 03:23 PM
rachel_claire's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to rachel_claire Send a message via Yahoo to rachel_claire
I think you'll be fine, I did more than just drink before I found out I was pregnant...drugs and stuff, but obviously I stopped once I found out and my baby's just fine....He's actually big for his gestational age and constantly kicking the crap out of me! I think you're fine, just try not to stress about it...stress is bad for the baby!
March 5th, 2006, 03:08 PM
lilmamaw2's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to lilmamaw2 Send a message via Yahoo to lilmamaw2
i was on a drinking binge of about a week straight when i got pregnant with this lil' girl (due to alot of family birthdays and such) well anyways i was drinking alot i mean alot i had a whole bottle of hurricane to my self one night(of course it was before i knew i was pregnant and i might not of been at the time not so sure) and she's doing great and with my son i had no idea i was pregnant till bout 6wk into it and i had more than my share of drinking nights before i knew i was preggers. with him and he's the most outgoing smart lil boy you'll ever meet he's 20months and has been talking since before he was a year old not with just dada or mama i'm talking full blown sentences and every thing he was walking at 8months sitting by him self at 4 months running at 9months so you have nothing to worrie about!!!!!
March 5th, 2006, 06:55 PM
xceptionalchic4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to xceptionalchic4 Send a message via Yahoo to xceptionalchic4
I was drinking the week before I found out I was pregnant and I was eight weeks along.. and my baby came out o.k....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search