new here - very unsure

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2009, 10:24 AM
hello everyone. i am new here. i have been looking for a new site like this to come to and today i finally googled and found this.

quick "who i am" - my name is kimberly, i just turned 29 yesterday, i'm married to my best friend and together we have one son who will be 5 in october. i've been on the fence over having another child for the last 2 years. i would love for our son to have a sibling but then i think of how can we really afford it. my hubby is on board either way. he would love to have another child but he says it is my decision because it is my body (and it is a body that does not care for pg at all. i had a very hard time with our son).

so here is my situation and what brings me here today: (caution - very much tmi)
i had a period on may 28th, it was 2 days early, hardly any cramping, very light flow, only lasted from late thursday night to monday morning, and it was very dark in color. this is all very out of the ordinary for me. last week, i started feeling crampy just in my lower tummy but now it more feels like pulling and i have pain in my lower back right above my right hip. also, my boobs are so sensitive and can not be touched. i'm dying just wearing a bra today. i've thrown up the last two nights out of no where. just all the sudden felt sick and threw up. i've had some discharge which again is very abnormal for me unless it is right before my period starts.

some other things going on with me - i've been stressed lately. we just moved about a week ago and i started a weight loss journey in march this year. i've been eating better and getting exersize daily. well i had been. during this move, i haven't done much on that front. i know that stress and changing exersize and eating can cause menstral issues BUT it never has before. in march i completely changed everything about how i ate and it didn't effect my period at all.

now i knwo that the only way to find out for sure is to test. and i plan to pick up a test today after work. i'm just so stressed. we just moved and the move has made our bills jump up by about $250 - $300 a month. our son is just now done with daycare and starting all day preK in the fall. we are just getting him started in school and now there's a chance that we have to start all over?

my hubby will be thrilled and while my mom will be worried about me, i'm sure she will be very happy as well. i know we have the support of our families. and i know that God has a plan bigger then mine. i'm just freaking out. this was NOT planned. but then again, neither was our son. i had only known hubby for 6 months when i got pg with him.

i am scared to death but at the same time i know i would be happy either way.

what are your thoughts? anyone have anyone have any advise on how to deal with these feelings?
June 9th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Erinmarie83's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well definitely let us know what the test says. Your symptoms say pregnancy, but perhaps could be stress related from the move.

I am in a somewhat similar position except we found ourselves unexpectedly pregnant when my son was 6 months old.

We are now in the position where I will have to quit my job after this one comes since its hardly worth it for me to work. Would basically just take my check and hand it to a daycare.

This is going to be a very financially challenging time for us but everything happens for a reason. I always wanted to be a SAHM, but not on these kind of terms! We know that God will take care of us.

It took a while for me to get excited about the pregnancy and if you are pregnant, it may be the same. But dont worry, in time once you get settled with the idea, the excitement comes.

All the best!

Thanks to HeatherW for my gorgeous siggy

Check out my handmade bows on Etsy!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Erinmarie83

June 9th, 2009, 10:50 AM
thank so much. i will def. come back to post the test results. i really like my job and would like to keep it. when i was pg with our son, i got so sick that i had to quit my job that i had then. i stayed home for 18 wonderful months with him. things were tight but we made it. and i've been thinking the same thing about handing money over if i were to come back to work. barely makes sense for me to bring home only about $400 every two weeks just to pay $400 in daycare and $200 for our son's school. so i would only bring home $200 a month. not really worth it to me. of course one other girl here at work had a baby in january and she works in the office and was able to bring the baby to work with her. that really could work with what i do as well.

there are lots of possibilities - first things first, i need to test.

thanks again.
June 9th, 2009, 10:50 AM
dp

Last edited by idaho mama; June 9th, 2009 at 10:54 AM.
June 9th, 2009, 10:51 AM
dp

Last edited by idaho mama; June 9th, 2009 at 10:54 AM.
June 9th, 2009, 10:52 AM
dp
June 9th, 2009, 10:52 AM
so sorry it posted out of control
June 9th, 2009, 01:22 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with Erinmarie, you have to come back to tell us what the results are.

Also, I do agree that the symptoms you've been having are caused by the stress of moving, the finances, getting your son ready for school, etc. With that being said, you could still easily be pregnant.

Things will work out, no matter how stressful and hard they seem right now. When you have to cross the bridge of wondering about work, whether to quit or not, you'll know exactly what to do. Right now, if you are pregnant, you don't need the added stress of wondering. Your co-worker bringing her baby to work is a wonderful thing to be able to do! Sure seems like it could be an option for you.

I hope you find out soon whether you're preggo or not!!!

Relax. Breathe. Everything will be fine!!!

June 10th, 2009, 07:48 AM
well the results are in. negative. for as upset as i was yesterday morning i was kinda disapointed cuz i had really talked myself into that it was ok. i was going to test again this morning but in the night i got so sick. i think i picked up a stomach bug or the stress of everythign was just making me sick. i just need to calm down and take deep breaths and know that everythign will be alright.

thanks ladies. now i feel like a fool for posting here. sorry
June 10th, 2009, 01:35 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't be sorry!!! I know what it's like to just need someone to talk to, and sometimes putting it out on a forum is exactly what you need to do.

July 24th, 2009, 09:50 PM
I am new also!
First time being pregnant though, you beat me! Lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search