PLease help!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Butterfly25's Avatar Veteran
Tomorrow evening I am telling my parent's that I'm pregnant. This isn't going to be a big celebration because they are going to be furious. My parents don't like my boyfriend too much for stupid reasons. His past wasn't so great cuz he got in trouble a lot as a juvenile, but he is going on 22 now and far over that part of his life. My mom just can't seem to accept that I love this guy and he loves me. Anyway, It's not going to go over so well and I'm scared to tell them. My older brother knows already and he will be there to try and help if needed. I'm thankful for that of course. Does anyone have any advice as to how to bring it up? Oh and Ryan (boyfriend) is not coming with, cuz i think it'd be a bad think if he did. I'd like to keep the father of the baby alive. lol. So yeah, if anyone can offer advice or experiences...i'd appreciate it a lot. I'm really excited about this baby and I really want my parents to be excited for their first grandchild as well.

February 28th, 2006, 11:44 PM
jewll27's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to jewll27
Quote:
Hey congrats on your pregnancy! This is strictly my opinon... but I would bring Ryan with you. Yes your parents are going to be upset, but you are trying to prove to them that you are happy about this baby and that Ryan is a good guy who's going to be a part of your life from now on. By him not being at your side it contradicts that statement. You want your family to see that he's here for good right? Well then why arent you telling them together? If my daughter came to me alone and saying she was pregnant and in love with her boyfriend and basically telling me to accept that he's part of my life, my first thought would be "well where is he?" Let him stand by your side and look your family in the eyes. Good luck.. I hope it goes SUPER good!!!![/b]

DITTO
March 1st, 2006, 04:18 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hey welcome to the board and congrats on your pregnancy! its good that your brother is going to be there with you when u tell you parents..they might be mad at first but give them time and hopefully theyll come around.. you should let them no how excited u r about this baby and ella was right you should have him go with u..it shows them that he cares and wants to stick by you through thick and thin and even in this hard time you to are still together..i wish u the best of luck on telling your parents..keep us updated!

March 1st, 2006, 04:43 AM
Pharry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Hey congrats on your pregnancy! This is strictly my opinon... but I would bring Ryan with you. Yes your parents are going to be upset, but you are trying to prove to them that you are happy about this baby and that Ryan is a good guy who's going to be a part of your life from now on. By him not being at your side it contradicts that statement. You want your family to see that he's here for good right? Well then why arent you telling them together? If my daughter came to me alone and saying she was pregnant and in love with her boyfriend and basically telling me to accept that he's part of my life, my first thought would be "well where is he?" Let him stand by your side and look your family in the eyes. Good luck.. I hope it goes SUPER good!!!![/b]
But then again you might need to have them get used to the idea before forcing your boyfriend on them. Either way, stand your ground if you belive in him.
March 1st, 2006, 05:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree with the majority...b/f should be there especially because you're parents aren't fond of him. Him not being there will just feed into their negative views of him, though now, their thoughts would be "yeah, figures, the guy's not even here to face us like a real man!"
They'll see him as just a coward. And of course this is the last thing you want, right? Keep him by your side to show them that not only are YOU committed to having this baby and making it work, but HE is as well. And this is will give him the chance to speak up and let them know what plans you've both made on how you'll make this work. It may even be a good idea for him to even ask your parents about how they think things should be done and what their opinions are because it might show them that he's trying to involve them and that there's no battle on who wins the big "I'm right, you're wrong" fight.
I dunno, it's kind of early in the morning for me right now so you'll have to excuse me if my advice really isn't up to par...lol

The one thing you should keep in mind, is that when you do tell them, tell them with a smile on your face. And keep optomisitc in the way that you speak to them. The more positive you are, the more chance there is that that positivity will reflect on them.
Good luck and CONGRATS!!!!!
March 1st, 2006, 10:16 AM
jennyn's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to jennyn

and CONGRATULATIONS!
March 1st, 2006, 11:19 AM
irishxrose
Ditto to what everybody else said.

And congrats!
March 1st, 2006, 11:44 AM
proudjmmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto to what everyone else said!! I think he should definently be ther!! It shows that he is there for you and the baby, and your parents need to see that!
March 4th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The is just my opinion. But honestly I think you should wait to tell them. Wait another 6 weeks if you can. Maybe show them an u/s pic if your scared to tell them. Leave it somewhere they will see it when you are not around. Then by then they will have had time to let it sink in and hopefully wont flip out on you. And then you all can talk. But I agree on the fact that you should bring your bf. It will show that he is there for you from the start. Good luck and congrats. How old are you by the way? no judegment. Just curious.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search