How did you end up unexpectedly expecting?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Amanda_Marie's Avatar Mommy to Owen
I was on BC (cryselle) and we never used condoms. I didn't listen to my mother .. and she was right for once. haha

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my beautiful siggy!
August 7th, 2009, 05:19 AM
suusssannn's Avatar funky monkey
All of mine were "unplanned"... but for the most part we were NTNP:

With my first- I was on BC and taking like 3 pills a week! So I figured if it was going to happen-- it WOULD HAVE happened already! So the hubby and I agreed it would probably take a while and I could stop the pill-- (I was naive... 19, and only married for 9 months). The very NEXT cycle I got pregnant!

With my second-- I was nursing my first exclusively for 6 months... my period return at 8 months pp, and I went to the doctor to get some BC... had to wait for that next cycle to come before starting the pill... dun dun dun--- my period never started; I was preggo with number 2!

With my third-- I had been on BC since my daughter was 6 weeks old... but my periods were so wacky-- doctor blew it off... so I continued BC and I continued to have 2-3 periods a month. Well come this past December I only had 1 period-- and it seriously freaked my out because for the past 7-8 months I had had crazy cycles, etc... so I tested (didn't even know when I possibly could've ovulated or what not)-- nothing, the test didn't pop up positive immediately so I walked out of the bathroom and laid it on the counter and as soon as I went to walk away I glanced back down and saw this faint little line... haha-- so my husband went out and got me digitals and I tested first thing the next morning--- couldn't believe it... I was (and am) pregnant with number 3!

Life's a crazy ride... but fun!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 7th, 2009, 09:01 AM
cheesevixen's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to cheesevixen
Joshua - Just plain young & arrogant

This One - I got on the Mirena (An IUD) and somehow it fell out. My bf at the time was not accustom to using condoms. Don't know many men who are in fact.

August 9th, 2009, 06:21 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
Ryleigh & rhianna were planned (took 6 months for ryleigh and 5 months for rhianna) we got caught up in the moment with lacey and just thought it wouldnt happen because of how long it took with the other two - but we were wrong. With this pregnancy i thought i had already ovulated, i had the CM and the pains about 4/5 days before!! then 2 days after we DTD i had the CM and pains again!!! not sure what happened there

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

August 22nd, 2009, 12:48 PM
homeschooling mom of 2
while not a total shock (we were a bit less then careful once), this pregnancy was still a surprise, took me 6 months of major TTC 6yrs ago to get pregnant with my DD so we figured even if we decided to start trying again it would take at least that long... SURPRISE it didn't.
August 22nd, 2009, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by childofmusic View Post
...I need BC that requires less involvement on my part.
Nuvaring is great...for me anyway (I forget to take the pills). You put it in & leave it for three weeks. Take it out for your period week & when it's over put it in a new one.

BTW, I'm jealous of you all. I'm a member of the IWAB club. My partner is being a lil stubborn....so I'm hoping for a lil 'oops' of my own.
September 4th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
All three of my pregnacies have been unplanned!

DD, 4 1/2 years old- Hubby and I had a few too many for Valentine's Day and ended up on the couch without a condom, I guess we got caught up in the heat of the moment and BAM! I was pregnant!

DS#1, 3 years old-I was still nursing DD and thought I had ovulated the week before so we didn't use a condom and BAM! Pregnant again! DD was 10 months old!

DS#2(current pregnancy)-I was on YAZ and switched to a generic BC and the first month of using it, BAM! Got pregnant! So, needless to say, I am pretty fertile myrtle, so DH will be getting a vasectomy, our family is very complete with 3 children.
September 10th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Regular
I was on bc.. YAZ. Just didnt work!
September 12th, 2009, 09:31 AM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cute thread...lol. My husband and I weren't trying but we weren't trying to avoid it. So this was a suprise! I told him to keep that appointment he made to get snipped in December though. We just got married in May and that was the soonest he could take a break from work. I told him he was going to mess up but you can't tell a guy anything. Luckily he's excited.
September 16th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjaQ View Post
all my life, i have written down every time i've had sex, every period... i'm a list maker.
same here. I keep track of when we DTD. When I got pregnant this time it was definitely a surprise. DH and I are both over 40 and thought we were done. Of course we didn't use birth control but it's been over 8 years since our last child and I just didn't think I was ovluating anymore. In fact, when I ovulated and conceived this child I had to ovulate only 3-5 days after I had just finished my period. So I obviously wasn't ovulating on any schedule. It was very sporadic.
September 19th, 2009, 01:21 PM
I had been on the pill for about 8 years with only a couple of one month breaks the whole time...I ran out of my pill (thought I had another refill at home), called it in to the pharmacy on a Friday afternoon. Turns out, I didn't have any refills left on the prescription and it was too late in the afternoon to get a hold of my doctor, so I went without for the weekend. Doctor was apparently not very good at calling it in (although I wasn't exactly on top of calling them to get it either), and I ended up going without the pill for a week...the nurse had told me once before that after a week it wouldn't matter if I took it anyway, so I just decided to go without for a month (a similar scenario had happened at Christmastime last year - with different results).

DH and I didn't DTD that many times at all that month and only once without protection, but apparently the one time without was one day I was SUPER horny and just happened to be the time was ovulating (should've put it together), and voila! Three weeks later, I bought a test just to put myself at ease that I wasn't pregnant. I decided to try the digital kind, so I wouldn't have to worry about all the line-reading. Of course, this one pops up as "pregnant" and I immediately flipped out - I told DH right away and while I was bawling, he couldn't stop giggling! I bought another box of two tests that night (I know about false positives but I just HAD to make sure I guess) and there was NO problem with reading the line! I had to adjust "the plan" (I'm finishing nursing school right now and will have 8 weeks left when I have the baby), but I'm really excited now!
September 19th, 2009, 09:13 PM
We were not as careful with birth control as we should have been. I use the contraceptive film, and I didn't wait the 15 minutes. Ovulated the next day. Only BD'ing in about two months prior to that night and haven't again since.

Just found out I'm pregnant.
September 20th, 2009, 04:03 AM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissE0813 View Post
DH and I didn't DTD that many times at all that month and only once without protection, but apparently the one time without was one day I was SUPER horny and just happened to be the time was ovulating (should've put it together), and voila! Three weeks later, I bought a test just to put myself at ease that I wasn't pregnant.
This is how I used to get when I would ovulate. I don't even get any signs at this point. Maybe once a woman hits 40 it's different. I remember wanting sex bad when I ovulated in the past. This time around I didn't even realize I had ovluated until I got the positive HPT.
(2009)
October 15th, 2009, 06:18 AM
we used a condom that fell off and then used "Plan B" the next day...still got pregnant! Just my luck.
October 19th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Sheena Beena's Avatar Dean and Dex's Mommy
My GYN told me in Nov 08 that I would never be able to get pregnant without fertility treatments, but 7 months later my DH came home from a year long deployment and here we are. I'm 18 weeks and 3 days pregnant with our son and couldn't be more excited.
October 21st, 2009, 07:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to HarpersGirl
My first was an oops, I was on BC and we used a condom. Only DTD ONCE, and it was 2 days after my period ended...

This pregnancy was totally planned, and I believe I O'd around the normal time frame.

In May I got a positive test which sadly ended in a m/c. That wasnt planned but we were not using protection and knew it would happen eventually. Actually we've been protection free for 5 months before that! Soo it was planned, but not overly.

Soo... 1/3 here.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search