How did you end up unexpectedly expecting?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
How did your pregnancy come about (ie birth control failure etc)?

I have had 4 unplanned pregnancies, 3 were due to b/c failure & one was because we weren't strict enough using natural family planning...

June 30th, 2009, 07:27 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
all my life, i have written down every time i've had sex, every period... i'm a list maker.
i try to keep tabs on ovulation, as well, but these past few months, i didn't have any ewcm or anything to really track what day it was happening.
bf and i have more sex than anyone i know, and though we use condoms mid-cycle, i am unexpectedly expected anyway.
he had to make his little comment about how i'm not as good as i think, with tracking my cycles. i told him how things were-- maybe HE should have been a bit more eager to use condoms.
msjaQ- 28, pantheist AP detroit mama to:
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

June 30th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL out of my 5 pregnancies 4 were unplanned LOL, the only one we planned and worked on it too was number 4 hahaha. The rest were one time oooopsies.
***MARTINA*** Mom to Kayla 10/00; Kiarra 10/01; Kameron 06/03; Kassidy 08/05; Karissa 07/09.

June 30th, 2009, 05:52 PM
mama_reese's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wasn't on the pill. (I'm not now either, I don't want to go on it ever) And we were using condoms and NFP...Well we didn't use the condoms a couple times when we didn't think I could get pregnant and nine months later here is baby boy RJ!

June 30th, 2009, 10:29 PM
star shaped's Avatar Regular
I feel rather stupid with this one. We were already sort of caught up in the act when we realized we didn't have a condom. Even though we knew the possible consequences, we didn't want to stop. It's like, "what are the chances I'll be ovulating anytime soon anyway?" Of course, I was.
July 1st, 2009, 05:37 PM
JT_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was using a diaphragm for BC. The ONE night I forgot to put it in, I got pregnant. It was late at night, we were both half asleep when we started messing around. As soon as we finished, I was like "OMG, I don't have my diaphragm in", so I went and put in some spermicidal gel, but apparently it was too late.
July 2nd, 2009, 11:16 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH and I were TTC #2 in early 2007. In May 07 I got pg and had an early m/c. In Sept 07 I got pg again only to find out that it was ectopic. I had surgery on Oct 2, 2007 and lost my baby and my right tube. I was told to wait 3 months before we TTC again. I was very depressed and was not keeping up with my chart. DH and I weren't dtd anyways b/c we were fighting so much and I was so depressed. We dtd ONE time on my birthday and that is how we got DS He is my unexpected blessing.

July 3rd, 2009, 07:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i was on the pill. i had just went back on the pill in November 07 after being off for a year or so. i got a sinus infection and went on antiobiotics in march and got pregnant the middle of march. at the time DF and i had only been together about 5 weeks and we were pregnant! needless to say the rest is history!
I make my own siggys!
July 3rd, 2009, 05:04 PM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just this one! Condom mishap.
July 3rd, 2009, 06:04 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got pregnant on the pill this time.....not sure WHAT happened, because I never missed one, and I wasn't taking antibiotics, either!!!

July 7th, 2009, 07:41 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
The pull out method. Turns out it's not very effective.

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
July 8th, 2009, 02:28 PM
JennLynn_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've never had a planned pregnancy...

My first one, which I miscarried, I was on birth control... and it just didn't work.

My second one... although not planned... was not prevented, however that one was lost as well.

My third one... well, it was no prevented either, I had barely gotten over my miscarriage.. had only had 1 period and then BAM was pregnant again... and here I am, with my beautiful baby girl.

July 10th, 2009, 04:13 AM
Some of condoms we got had holes in them that I noticed one day. I thought I threw them all away. Either I missed some or it was too late because my period was really late. Monday I decided to test since I was starting to wonder and it was positive.

Make a pregnancy ticker

July 10th, 2009, 06:43 AM
KAYnCOLESmommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The pull out method...like stated above, it doesn't work all that well DH and I were dating for a year but became exclusive and 2 weeks after that, BAM, got PG with DD...DS was planned.
Thank you Zarziza for my *cute* siggy

July 23rd, 2009, 11:59 PM
It was the last time the BF and I were going to see each other for 8 weeks cause I had joined the Air Force and was leaving for Basic training. We used the "Pull & Pray" method as usual... A week later at Boot Camp they took blood for routine tests and BAM guess what "You're going home, Your Pregnant" ( I fainted!!) Not expected, but Loved none the less... However, I would be graduating today... I think I'd pick this route over te other anyday
July 28th, 2009, 04:25 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
I was switching BC without using condoms. . . I was naive and thought since I was on my previous BC for 4 years, we'd be fine. But was I wrong. YAZ failed us.

July 28th, 2009, 06:21 PM
andrews_sweetie's Avatar Mom to Aiden
We used the pull & pray method, for awhile it worked, but then i ended up pregnant & we can't be more then happy about it.
July 30th, 2009, 11:50 AM
3and_justme's Avatar super special mommy
my "friend" and I never used any protection & I just figured I knew my body... I am regular like clockwork, knew on that day 14 I'd be ovulating (cause of mucous & i'd get that lil twing in my hip), so we'd just avoid an encounter around that time, well we'd broke up in may and got together on the first of July and it seems our quickest time turned out to be the most potent time... afterwards I was laying there & I had this thought OMgoodness ~ you just got me pregnant even thought we still had 4days till I was due to ovulate... and 2weeks & 3 pregnancy tests later its confirmed I/we are having a baby come the end of march.. I personally am thrilled, but he had said early in our relationship what we didnt need an opps! but here it is, so I just hope & pray that he will be accepting of our baby in his life... he was previously engaged & when she had a baby he was led to believe it was his but then he found out years later it wasnt his... so I know he's going to be going thru all kinds of emotions... but I want him to enjoy the experience of the pregnancy/having a kid... so i decided to tell him about the baby in a letter (in case i got nervous & chickend out) & now I have to wait and see how he is going to accept this - Reid is a great person, a family oriented man so I hope that after the inital shock is over that he will choose to be a part of our babys life... but with or without him this is something i am excited about & ready to handle, i love being a mother & i consider this child a blessing ~ God does not give us more than we can handle!! amen.

Last edited by 3and_justme; July 30th, 2009 at 11:53 AM.
August 4th, 2009, 03:27 AM
Koti's Avatar Nugget's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Koti Send a message via Yahoo to Koti
Just call it "caught up in the moment".

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search