Is this your first unplanned pregnancy?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Is this your first unplanned pregnancy?

June 30th, 2009, 06:36 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
double post~ my apologies!! boy, i had a tough time getting this to post, though. grrrr.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Last edited by justjaQ; June 30th, 2009 at 06:44 AM.
June 30th, 2009, 06:43 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
my two children were planned, and conceived very quickly (month 1, and 2). last summer, i found out around 6.5 weeks that i was expecting. that was a huge shock. i never thought i'd get a positive test, and the only reason i even took one, was because i was going to be taking a round of drugs that wouldn't be baby-friendly (heavy meta detox), so i insisted i take one since i hadn't had an AF in a couple of months. but, that wasn't unusual at the time, because i had been very irregular, skipping 4 months at a time-- went to a doctor for tests, but he couldn't find any problems, and had told me that it was likely just because i am slim. so, i had a period in early february '08, late april, late may, and then found out in july that i was pregnant. bf walked off with the directions, and i had never used an ept before, because i'm cheap. i didn't know how to read the test, and i honestly thought it was negative, until he walked back in with the directions, and informed me otherwise. lol!
this time, i was a week late from when i thought i should start, and i secretly picked up a test on my birthday, on my way to visit my grandmother, the saturday before last. i was looking for symptoms, but bf got pissy wenever i would mention being late, so i ha to keep it to myself. i was peeing a lot all month long, so that wasn't a reliable symptom, and since i'm nursing my 3-year-old, my boobs don't get sore when i'm pregnant, so i didn't know with that, either, and those were always the first things i noticed, in the past. anyhow, i took a dollar store test, and the control line showed up, but no second line. so, i flush the toilet and tie my shorts (none of my clothes fit, except my post-baby clothes, ugh!) and grab the test to go and show my grandma that it's negative, when i notice the test line slowly but surely appearing. i didn't know what to do, i just stared at it, in disbelief, as it darkened. mike was so sure that i couldn't be pregnant, i kind of just assumed i wasn't.
then i took it out to show my grandma (she is 87, and one of my very best friends, so she's always one of the first to know, and my daughter is named after her)... i was having a birthday party that night, because our town did fireworks, right across the road from our new house, so my bf invited my family and friends for a bbq. i told my best friend savannah (since we were in first grade) and then my mom. they've all been supportive, but i haven't told anyone else yet, except my BF, a couple of days ago. i can't see my family being very happy, esp. since it's with mike. they know how controlling he is, and that i deserve better treatment, and had been urging me to leave him... i just didn't want to spend the summer all by myself though, doing nothing. guess i stayed a little too long... but soon, we will have a beautiful baby, and we will be soooo forever thrilled about our "oops".

also, emma, i notice that you're engaged~ congratulations to you and wendy!!!! i see that you live in NZ-- is same sex marriage legal down there? i wish it were here-- soooo prejudiced that it isn't. good for you, how exciting to plan a wedding and be with the one you love, forevermore.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

June 30th, 2009, 09:34 PM
star shaped's Avatar Regular
This is my first unplanned pregnancy, which is also my first pregnancy, period. I was not planning on having children for a very long time.
July 1st, 2009, 04:34 PM
JT_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is my first pregnancy and unplanned.
July 3rd, 2009, 06:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
my DD was my first unplanned pregnancy. it happened 5 weeks into a relationship with my now DF.
July 22nd, 2009, 04:23 PM
This is my second unplanned pregnancy. I wasn't planning on having a child this early in life let alone two. I am so happy though.
July 24th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by star shaped View Post
This is my first unplanned pregnancy, which is also my first pregnancy, period. I was not planning on having children for a very long time.
i am with you on that one!
July 28th, 2009, 03:23 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
This is my first pregnancy. . . And is unplanned as well. DH and I weren't planning on having kids for at least another 5 years. We've had a rough couple of years, this year being the hardest, and have a lot of work to do on our marriage before we wanted to bring a baby into the equation. But it is what it is, and it'll all work out the way it's suppose to. I am hoping this little one is a blessing for us. <3

August 3rd, 2009, 05:50 PM
The first child was planned, it took about 6 months to make her. This one was a surprise though. My daughter was about 7 months when we found out we were pregnant.

August 14th, 2009, 05:55 PM
SerendipitysChild's Avatar Super Mommy
I found out I was pregnant with my first just before I got married that one was unplanned but still wonderful and it sadly ended in m/c. My second was planned and she is the light of my life. I'm now divorced and this one was a shock but considering the odds of me getting pregnant were HUGE I think that this little life has a big purpose!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my fabulous fall siggy!
August 21st, 2009, 09:08 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I've had two

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

October 4th, 2009, 08:34 AM
This is my first pregnancy and it was unplanned. me and the father have been together 6 months. I was really excited in the beginning but as each day goes on I am realizing the financial struggle is not going to get any easier. I have recently been contemplating... the alternative. I am so personally against it though. I just get really REALLY scared that I will not be able to provide for this child like I want or need to. I started coming to this message board for support and advice, and I would love yours. Thank you.
October 4th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This is my first pregnancy and it was unplanned. But I have faith that even though it will be hard, I will get through it
October 7th, 2009, 09:20 AM
laurabelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
@ jking86

this is also my first pregnancy and unplanned as well. i have been with the father about 2 months. we decided that if we had wanted to go with the "alternative" that decision would have already been made and personally, i couldn't imagine going through with it.
financially, yeah, its difficult. i dont have any health insurance so that just adds to it. but we are putting a plan in action, and cutting back on all of the things that are unnecessary, which when you realize the reason behind doing so makes it that much easier!
and hopefully you have family and friends to support you as well. myfamily doesnt know yet, but im hoping they will be there for me as much as i think they will.
stay positive and good luck!
October 17th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Yes, this is my first unplanned pregnancy. I got pregnant when my bf and I had been dating for 3 months. Our relationship was great at that point and bf was very supportive. I found out a few weeks ago about a number of very serious lies regarding money, his life, etc, amongst a number of other issues. He says he has intentions of changing but I have yet to see any. I also found a msn conversation on his computer recently asking one of his close female friends if she would be his f**k friend. Here is the conversation below...

bf- we should just hook up

his friend- no we'd both feel guilty

bf- but satisfied

his friend- but very guilty

bf- nope

his friend- "j" she is pregnant with your kid, doesn't that make you feel guilty?

bf- no not really

his friend - wow

bf- I know

his friend- I'd feel like **** if I did...I need to be with somebody who cares about me though

I am going to end the relationship and raise this baby myself. However this is so difficult for me because when I was pregnant with my son I was married and everyone was so happy for me and I felt like I was on cloud 9. With this pregnancy I feel like I have commited a huge sin by getting knocked up by someone I really don't love and intend to be with. I feel like a failure and that I just keep screwing up my life more and more and complicating it. I never thought that I would feel so alone in this journey. The only thing that makes me smile theses days are the tiny movements that I am starting to feel inside my tummy.
November 10th, 2009, 01:02 AM
Veteran
yes, but I´m so happy
Felix was born 01/01/2013
Christine was born 09/02/2014

November 14th, 2009, 04:34 PM
momtothe3rdpower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have had three unplanned pgs but the first one was the worst because I was a teenagers. I am now married to a great guy and although we were using bc, we made a baby twice! Everything has worked out fine, but I think I will visit this board more often to offer my support and guidance since I was a young single mom for 7 years. It breaks my heart to read about Megp's JERK of a bf, hope he is an ex! and I will cheer you on Jking 86!!!!! I did it ALL on my own, literally, my dad is deceased, and my mom was on welfard so it was ALLLLLLL me. Oh and that sperm doner who thinks he is a dad. No help at all.
November 17th, 2009, 07:23 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
with Xander it wasn't planned but was a blessing

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

November 26th, 2009, 09:39 AM
~Mama~K's Avatar Veteran
Nope. I make surprises hah.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search