Starting to get a little nervous!!!!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2006, 07:27 PM
Regular
Hey all!!!
I need some advice or what ya'll think. I went to my doctor yesterday and she told me every thing looks great and she measured my stomach and I was suppose to be 22 weeks and I was measuring 23 weeks....Not done yet....4 weeks ago, I had an ultrasound and they told me I was suppose to be 18 weeks, and the baby was measuring 19 weks and 3 days.....So when she was talking to me she said let's look at your chart again. She started looking and then stopped and asked me "Why did I put you at July 8th?" I was like ughhh....okay?? I don't know. She said it's all not adding up so I'm going to repeat another ultrasound in like 8 weeks to see how big this baby really is. My question is Do ya'll think I'm just going to have a huge baby or the doc has my date wrong? I know she is a doc but when I counted how many weeks I am right now and when I'm suppose to deliver I will be 40 weeks at June 29th. I'm just getting really scared because I feel like my doc should have been a little more comforting instead she just said...I'm going to have to watch you very, very closely. Kinda scary huh????? Not to mention..If I go a little early, like 2 weeks or so, like some do- I'll deliver 2nd week in June or so....If you think about it....delivering in a june month when they told you a july....that's a whole month difference!
March 3rd, 2006, 09:07 PM
magilatuzzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to magilatuzzi
I am measuring big too, but they are just leaving it alone for now. Feel free to join us over in the July DDC too! (If you have already joined there, sorry I missed you!)

DS Drew, 04/94, DS Braden, 10/97, DS Nick, 07/99, DD Danika 07/06, DD Gabriella 11/07,
DSD Rayelle 03/97, DSD Seryna, 06/01
</div>
March 3rd, 2006, 09:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Maren
Well my mom had bad luck when her doctor changed her due date. The took my brother 3 weeks early and he ended up with a broken collar bone yea no fun at all and had jaundace. When you count it out and get june39th i would stick with that date, and yea the baby can come 2 weeks early or late, depends on what mood baby is in lol. I think the reason she wants to watch so closely is sometimes they will do a C-section if they dont think the baby will fit through your hips. Maybe thats what she is worried about. Sorry i wasnt to much help but, i would just stick with your due date of june 29th unless there are health risks.

Visit my blog to find out how you can earn amazon gift cards
As well as just updates from me on everything!
http://lifeasmaren.blogspot.com/

March 4th, 2006, 05:27 AM
Wendie
Measurements are very inaccurate sometimes. I had to be induced at 39 weeks because of some other ou.complications but my son at the 38 week ultrasound was showing up as weighing 8lbs 5ozs. My belly measured big during my pregnancy. When he was born, he weight 7lbs 6 ozs so the ultrasound machines aren't always right. I wouldn't worry too much. The baby will let you know when he/she is ready. Doctors usually won't induce unless they are really worried so I am sure you doctor will figure it out. Besides, your due date could be wrong by 2 weeks. It is really just an estimate.
March 5th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I would try to not worry about it toooooo much...But I totally understand about how you must be nervous and weary about it. I myself have a small feeling that I may be further along than what the doc tells me...I started feeling fetal movements 3 weeks earlier than what the books say AND started getting braxton hicks 3 weeks earlier than what the books say! So I just have this feeling that I'll be early! But you can look at in on the bright side...just when you're starting to really have enough of being preggers, you can at least have the comfort of knowing you're due earlier than later!
I know this may not offer that much comfort, but I hope it helps a bit!!!
March 5th, 2006, 01:43 PM
bluebutterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At my 31 week appointment a few weeks ago I was measuring at 33. But my doctor didn't seem concerned about it. I start seeing my o/b tomorrow (until now I've just been seeing my family doctor) so hopefully she'll be able to answer my questions a little better. Measuring ahead like I am I'm kinda worried that I'm going to have a pretty big baby, so if she can put those fears to rest I'm going to feel so much better lol.

Thank you tasha_mae for the awesome siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search