Do you have support from the father?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 4th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Is the father of your baby supporting you through the pregnancy in any way?

1st - not supportive (ended up losing the baby)(father 1)
2nd - as supportive as he could be, but still not a lot of support (DD's father) (father 2)
3rd - was quite excited about it (ended up with ectopic pregnancy) (father 3)
4th - was not at all happy about it (ended up losing the baby) (father 3)

Last edited by Gaby&Emmy'sMama; July 4th, 2009 at 07:27 PM.
July 5th, 2009, 08:45 AM
JT_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My baby's father has been supportive. He didn't want me to have the baby, but is getting more excited about it as the months go on.
July 5th, 2009, 02:58 PM
my.estrella's Avatar Ashley
He's been supportive. He hasn't gone above and beyond or anything, but he's around and tries.
July 7th, 2009, 07:39 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
At first he tried to talk me into an abortion but when I made it clear that I wasn't going to do that he made the decision to stand by me. The first few months were hard, he was very freaked out. Now we've moved in together and we're trying our best to make things work. Currently he's being a giant turd but that has more to do with him being a man and less to do with me being pregnant.

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
July 10th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by childofmusic View Post
The father has decided he doesn't want to be involved.

When I first told me he wanted me to get an abortion. Since then he's accepted that he'll have a child in the world, but he isn't ready to be a dad. I'm fine with that and hold no real ill will towards him. We were friends with benifits and nothing more. He's agreed that when the child's older if she wants to meet him, he'll consider it. And he's said he'll probably be ok with that. But as far as the the day to day being dad stuff goes, he tagged out.
Don't sell yourself short for someone that doesn't want to be there. You are going to find someone that will man-up and be a great father. If not, you're going to find you are strong enough to do it on your own.
Blog
July 13th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Just found out I'm pregnant and my boyfriend lives in Atlanta (technically- he's a trucker), I'm in Toronto. This is going to be a stressful situation for me, but I'm still excited. He wants to be as involved as possible and is really looking forward to being a dad.
July 17th, 2009, 10:42 AM
alicia1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh yeah, he was extremely supportive when I found out about the pregnancy. He went to the gyno appointment with me even though he found out I was pregnant 15 minutes before arriving to it. I didn't live with him at the time and wasn't able to see him for 2 days so I didn't want to tell him on the phone... yeah. He was shocked, but everything worked out well. He was excited and scared. He took me to CVS and bought prenatals. He's against abortion so he didn't ask me to have one. I on the other hand am pro-choice, but I wouldn't be able to be strong enough to go through that.

July 21st, 2009, 07:06 PM
andrews_sweetie's Avatar Mom to Aiden
My boyfriend is more then supportive, he goes above & beyond to make sure im okay & that im feeling alright. I mean he isn't even making me work. We are looking for a house right now & we are collecting baby things slowing but surely. Marriage is in the future for us to. So the answer to your question is yes.
July 22nd, 2009, 05:12 PM
My baby's father is very supportive. When we first found out I was pregnant he was so happy and couldn't wait to be a father, he does everything and anything he can. He is an amazing man, I'm lucky to have such a supportive guy like him.
August 4th, 2009, 11:45 AM
SoonToBe3's Avatar Making room for #3!
We wanted a second baby, until I unexpectedly got pregnant 1.5 months after our first was born. He then didnt want a second baby. When she was born, he was absolutely useless. She was born with "Purple Cry"...which I think is something deeper since shes 10 months old and still as cranky. Anyway, even now hes distant from her. We almost divorced in December/January because of the way he was treating her.
October 7th, 2009, 10:57 AM
laurabelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My baby's father has been nothing short of amazingly supportive. he has basically taken over cooking and making sure i'm eating enough, went to my first appt with me, makes sure i sleep in on my days off (i'm ridculously fatigued) and makes sure i have everything i need before going to work and when coming home. i'm very fortunate and appreciative of having such a wonderful person in my life!
November 19th, 2009, 01:00 PM
I met the father of my baby a month ago. He came all the way from England to Venezuela to visit me, stayed at my family's home for two weeks and that's when I got pregnant. Though it was accidental, I decided to keep the baby. He was back in England when I told him I was pregnant and he wanted me to lose the pregnancy. After he knew my decision to keep my baby, he's been back and forth with whether he wants contact or not. Honestly, I don't want him to be involved if he doesn't really want to, but I really don't know if I am being too condecending with his confusions and the things he's said, even more with him knowing I need finantial support for the baby and him not doing anything about it. I've offered him anything I could think of: moving to England for him to be near the kid, forgetting about him so he can go on with his life, having as much contact as he wants, letting him visit and offer to take the kid to England for him to see the baby. He says no to absolutely everything so now I just am confused on what I should be offering, receiving, and asking from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by childofmusic View Post
The father has decided he doesn't want to be involved.

When I first told me he wanted me to get an abortion. Since then he's accepted that he'll have a child in the world, but he isn't ready to be a dad. I'm fine with that and hold no real ill will towards him. We were friends with benifits and nothing more. He's agreed that when the child's older if she wants to meet him, he'll consider it. And he's said he'll probably be ok with that. But as far as the the day to day being dad stuff goes, he tagged out.
Childofmusic,

I think my situation is very very similar to yours. It's really nice to know that not only other people can understand what I'm going through, but also has acted in similar way I have, which lets me know I'm not far from common sense.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search