How to tell my parents

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2009, 03:25 AM
Regular
So I just found out I'm pregnant again. Our first child is only 9 months old. And my parents weren't very happy about me being pregnant the last time. We aren't very well off financially speaking. They warmed up to the idea and were supportive after awhile. I just am very worried about how they will reactive. I'm still very confused about how I feel about this pregnancy myself. My hubbie and I are the only ones who know. So I can't figure out: should I wait to tell my mom and dad and the rest of the family? Or should I get it over with and tell them now? Your opinions are much appreciated, thanks.

Make a pregnancy ticker

July 10th, 2009, 08:04 AM
sunshine411's Avatar Let's go MAVS!!!!
Really it depends on your relationship with your parents. I mean, if you have a good close relationship with them, then hey they may not think its great timing, but theres not alot you can do about it now and they'll understand that.

I can understand being worried and not wanting to tell them and not wanting to hear nasty things said to you, but youre going to have to tell them sometime, just a matter of if they would be more mad now, or later because you didnt confide in them...kwim.

Also, you didnt say your age, so its hard to help to know how upset they would be. Really tho, if youre married, living on your own and taking care of yourself financially and such, it really shouldnt matter when you have babies. JMO.
July 10th, 2009, 09:09 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The 2nd child is so much less expensive then the 1st!!! You already have all the baby stuff! I just had my 2nd last year and it really was less of a hit to the pocket book. Sounds silly but I just wanted to let you know so you could relax a little and enjoy this LO

I agree with the PP! You are married and you and your husband are living your lifes. It should not matter when you have your children. That is your buisness. JMO

July 10th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the other ladies you are married, have your own family. It shouldnt matter what your parents or his parents think. You are old enough to take care of your family etc. KWIM? Just relax and enjoy your pregnancy and your new LO!
July 10th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Erinmarie83's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with what everyone else said. You are MARRIED! You can live your life how you see fit. I dont know what parent wouldnt LOVE another grandchild!

In all honesty, if everyone waited until they were financially secure enough to have kids...well im sure there wouldnt be as many preggo people. We arent in the best place either financially and maybe should have waited but this one was an oops! So here we go.

from your tracker it says you are 5 weeks, so maybe wait till the 12 week mark after you have had some time and you are out of the "danger zone" and tell them from there. If they arent happy, well thats their problem.

Good luck!

Thanks to HeatherW for my gorgeous siggy

Check out my handmade bows on Etsy!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Erinmarie83

July 10th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Regular
Thanks ladies for your help. I'm 19 now. I was a few days short of turning 19 when my son was born. So I'll 20 this time around. Right now we share a house with my mother-in-law. She needs someone to help her out around the house. And everyone helps support one another financially.

I know my mom will be worried because she just wants the best for me. I'm returning to college this fall. I plan to only take a week or 2 off depending on how things go when the baby is born.

I think I'll wait til after my 1st OB appointment, which is on the 21st, to tell everyone to make sure everything is going okay. So far everything is going well. Totally different from the last time though. Thanks for the help again everyone

Make a pregnancy ticker

July 11th, 2009, 01:09 AM
JennLynn_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just do whatever is right in YOUR heart, no one else's!!! It's all about you and that baby!!!

Best of luck!!!

http://JenniferDow.SBC90.com
July 11th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I can understand why you are apprehensive about telling them - I got pregnant when my DD was about 10 months old & dreaded telling them, because I knew they wouldn't be happy about it.. as it was, that pregnancy was ectopic, so I lost the baby..

I think the best advice I can give you, is to not feel as though you HAVE to tell them right now, if you aren't ready for it. If you & hubby still have to get your heads around the pregnancy, it's probably a good idea to do that, before you tell others... but at the end of the day, you two are married - and only you know what is best for your family!! Your family may possibly feel a bit better about this pregnancy, because they know you've done it before & that you can handle it etc etc......

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search