Am I crazy?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2005, 11:00 AM
jamie1005's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok, here's the story so far for those that don't know, very brief:

Got pregnant, very unplanned, not married but we love each other and planned to get married after the baby. We are very excited about the baby. We are 26 years old, college grads, now both in graduate school.

Went to the doc on Tuesday due to light spotting, got u/s, doesn't look like 8 wks, empty sac, no yolk.

Doctor suspects tubal or unhealthy, but also just incorrect calculations. Doing blood tests to check levels - haven't gotten results yet, probably tomorrow since goign to give second blood sample today.

Anyway, of course I'm terrified of losing this baby. I want it so bad now and I feel sort of crazy for thinking/wanting this, but, if somethign happens to this baby, is it crazy that I want to hurry up, get married and try again?

I'm so attached already not only to the baby, but the idea of being a mother and having a child with my BF. He'll be graduating in May 2006, so we can get married in a few months, start trying in the fall and the baby will be due soon after his graduation.

Is this my emotions talking crazy? Is this a bad idea? I'm just so upset and torn apart over the thought of not having a baby now.

</div>
February 24th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't think it is crazy at all. I hope that everything is ok with the little one that you are now pregnant with- but it is not crazy to know in the back of your mind that if the horrible were to happen that you would try again. Youv'e gotten excited about having a baby now- I think it is perfectly normal. Oh and it sounds to me like you and your SO are getting to a point in your life that you are ready for a baby- so how could it be a bad idea?!

February 24th, 2005, 11:08 AM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No I dont think your crazy. But to be honest I know what its like to have a baby while your bf is still in school. Been there, done that. I would wait long enough so that he has graduated and started a good job before the baby is born. Say so that the due date is 3-6m after he graduates. BUT hopefully you wont have to worry about that.!!

February 24th, 2005, 11:10 AM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I`m so sorry! {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I hope everything works out just the way you want it too!

February 24th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've had a couple PG scares, and it seems like the more and more I want to start a family now. But I know that, right now is by far, not a good time, at least for me as my life is so unstable.

I've read a couple of your posts, and I hope that all turns out well with this lil one.
February 24th, 2005, 01:15 PM
kjomomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to kjomomma
((((HUGS)))))) i hope everything works out for you. and i do not think your crazy at all. i was pregnant between my 2nd and 3rd and i ended up losing it and i was devastated. it was not a great time for us to be pregnant and it was unplanned. after i lost it i became obsessed with getting pregnant again and 8 months later got pregnant with our 3rd child. with this pregnancy at the same time i started freaking out and made the doctor fit me in and listen for the heartbeat. this pregnancy was VERY unplanned but once i accepted it i would have been heart broken if anything happened. good luck!! let us know what happens.
Bryce(8)
Kyndal (6)
Alayna(3)
And Rayanna (2)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search