a little confused

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2006, 03:30 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
im still a little confused..when i went for a blood test at the regular doctor she told me that i was about 7 weeks and that was on dec 28 but thats going by my blood so when i went to the other doctor she said i felt around 20 weeks and would be due june 24..im still confused because i dont no which due date i should go by..i did have my ultrasound and the nurse asked me why i waited so long to get one done..would she of asked that if i wasnt over 20 weeks pregnant? she didnt give me a due date either but tomorrow im hoping ill get one judeing by what the baby looks like..my mom said he looks big for 4 months but i dont really no since this is my first..

March 8th, 2006, 05:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Urgh! Those pesky due dates!! Why can't they just tell us exactly when this baby is gonna come out!!!?? lol
Well I dunno how it works out in the US (or anywhere else in the world for that matter!!) but in Winnipeg, we usually get our first (and only, unless there are problems) u/s at about 20 weeks or so. It may be that where you live, it's more commom for women to have the u/s earlier in their pregnancies...I dunno exactly why she would say that. I'd say judging by how many months you went w/o a period and all that, you're probably closer to the 20 week mark. But then again, it's not my pregnancy and I haven't seen or felt your belly to be able to get a better idea (plus, I'm no expert).
I hope you get some answers and get a better idea for a due date. Either way, Dylan's gonna come out sometime or another! I hope he's a June baby just like little Fiona's expected to be!!! lol Oh, not sure if I mentionned this to you yet, (well, b/f is making me tell everyone with boys) you must let Dylan know that Fiona is NEVER going to have sex EVER so if they become friends in the future, he must be aware that she will be a virgin forever and ever, so no getting any ideas Mister!!!!! (yeah right, hunh? Just like I told my mom I was a virgin till I was 19!! HA!!!!).
March 8th, 2006, 07:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
Here in Texas, we get u/s very early. What they usually do is give you your first one around the time the heart starts beating, and then everything 3-4 weeks after that. I had my first u/s at 5 weeks, no hb, so went back the next week and had the hb!! So I guess it's just different wherever you live.
They also give you just one due date, but they base it on the size of the uterus. Sometimes if the measurements are a little off it'll look like you're a couple of days ahead or behind what your due date says, but they just keep it the same.
Hopefully you can get the right due date so you know around the time little Dylan's popping out!!

Northcutt2Be
March 8th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Maren
I would not pick your due date by how big your uterus feels. When i went in for my first appointment my doctor said that i feeled about 10 weeks, but she wanted an ultra sound for dating. So when i went in for my Ultra sound 2 weeks later according to what baby was measuring i was 9 weeks. So going by how big you feel isnt that acurate. I also wouldnt go by what your mom said yea it might have looked bigger than a 20 week old baby but babies grow at different times and stages so thats a tough one. When i went for my 20 week ultra sound they told me according to how the baby was measureing it was 20 weeks one day. Iwould ask your doctor what the baby was measuring at when you had your ultra sound. If you go by you were seven weeks on December 28 then you would be due August 16th, and you would be 17 weeks today. I would try and go by when your last period was to figure out your due date.

Visit my blog to find out how you can earn amazon gift cards
As well as just updates from me on everything!
http://lifeasmaren.blogspot.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search