How likely?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Regular
This might be a little long winded, but here goes.

Up until a few weeks ago I was on the pill. A few weeks before that, after taking my 7 day break to have my 'period', I didn't get round to getting my prescription in time and so had more of a 10 or so day break, then kept taking it. Four days after this I had other wise unprotected sex. I was a little worried that this meant that the pill would be less effective, thus meaning that I may well be pregnant, as I took a 10 day break and had sex only four days later.

To my knowledge, when you're on the pill, your 7 day breaks aren't actually periods, but more 'withdrawal from pill' bleeds. So I decided to stop taking my pill half way through the pack and then it for two 'bleeds' after that to make sure. Surely enough on Feb 17th I came on, but assuming that that was a withdrawl bleed, I am waiting until March 17th to come on which should hopefully be a 'real', natural period to ensure that I'm not preg.

However. I was an idiot and had totally unprotected sex without being on the pill on Friday night. I'm going beside myself and can only think of pregnancies and babies - given all of this can anyone tell me how great the chances are that I might be pregnant? I guess it could be from either times if I am.

I know I'm going to have to wait until March 17th when I'm due at the earliest to take a test, which is next Friday and even though it hasn't even been a week since I did have sex, I'm going out of my mind about it. I couldn't take the morinng after pill this time as if I was pregnant from the previous time it would mess it up. Although it's unlikely that I am at all, right?

Like I say, I'm freaking out about it. The crazy thing is that I'm only 19... and yet I know already that if I'm not preg, a tiny, irrational part of me is going to be disappointed.

Help and advice appreciated please?
March 9th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
First let me say I'm not a doctor. Lol. But anytime you have unprotected sex, whether on b.c., using the "pull out" method, or even with a condom, you still have a chance of getting preggers. I was on Depo shots for a year and switched to pills during which time I got pregnant. However, if I were you, I wouldn't stress out about being pregnant, until you have a positive pregnancy test in your hand, b/c sometimes the stress and fear of being pregnant can actually cause you to be late or miss your period. Maybe to get a more accurate answer you could maybe call your gyno or his nurse and ask them. And, if you are pregnant, we are all here for you on this forum!! Good luck and keep us posted!!
Northcutt2Be
March 9th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
First let me say I'm not a doctor. Lol. But anytime you have unprotected sex, whether on b.c., using the "pull out" method, or even with a condom, you still have a chance of getting preggers.[/b]

i totally agree with u..the best thing to do is try not to stress about it (yeah i no its hard not to but at least try) and wait untill your late. then take a test...i wish u the best of luck and if u ever need to talk we're all here for u!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search