We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Today at lunch I had an awakening of sorts. At my new job I work in a very "young" department...almost all the workers are in their VERY early 20's (22, 23, 24), just out of college and I feel very "old" at 27.
Anyways, they were talking at lunch about what they were doing this weekend and almost every one was "I'm going to, like, get SO DRUNK tonight...and tomorrow...heee he hee! I'm going to This bar tonight and then we'll probably hit This other bar later...and again tomorrow night!"
When they asked what I was doing all I could think of was my BED. I literally feel like I have been run over by a truck and all I want to do is lay down and watch some TV, read a bit, and SLEEP. Just hearing them talk about their weekend plans made me exhausted!!
I then smiled and realized that even if I wasn't pregnant and tired as all get out, the only thing I would WANT to do on the weekends anyways is relax and spend time with my boyfriend. This usually just means hanging around the house, watching movies, maybe going shopping a bit, and spending time with friends or family AT HOME.
So, I guess that it made me really realize that my lifestyle isn't going to have to do a 360' overhaul. I know things will CHANGE, but I am not going to "miss out" on anything like bar-hopping, staying out crazy late partying, etc... because that is just not where I am at 27 years old, nor have I been for a good 4 years already.
I guess I am almost 95% sure that I will keep this baby. The other 5% is if tests come back, indicating bad things. This pregnancy wasn't planned and I am worried that my few glasses of wine here and there and some of the over-the-counter allergy meds I was taking might have messed with the growing baby. Hopefully, this isn't the case.
I still have to tell my boyfriend. That is going to be hard, but I know I can do it. I don't know how he is going to react. Probably freak out, but hopefully, he will want to stay in this child's life. I think I am going to see a doctor first, just to see if things are ok. My family has a bad history with pregnancy, so there might not be a reason to alarm him if something is already wrong.
im really happy for u! i really hope that nothing is wrong with your baby and u have a happy and healthy pregnancy! whenever u need to talk we're always here to help and cheer u up!..im really excited for u!!..telling your boyfriend probably wont be easy but i hope he is happy and excited about the pregnancy!..i really hope u keep us updated!
Hey Girl. Well, I'm one of those "young" girls (I'm only 20), and I'm kind of like you about the whole baby situation. I started partying when I was in high school and partied until I met my fiance, where I realized that I would rather just sit at home with him, then go out and get trashed. Of course I still have to give up some things, but it is all worth it in the long run. I hope your tests come back great and good luck with everything. Keep us posted!!
I'm so happy for you! As for the few drinks and that, most women have had a few drinks, taken medicine, etc. before they found out they were pregnant. I had three drinks and an x-ray before I found out I was preg with this one, and my Dr. said there's nothing to worry about. It happens a lot. And he has been fine as far as all of the tests and ultra sounds go, so I'm not too worried about it. Good Luck! and keep us posted!
Niki Mommy to three beautiful boys and an angel; April 2001
I am glad you are keeping a positive outlook.. It is called maturing with age.. The best of luck to you hon... We all grow out of the I want to get I want to get drunk as heck stage.. And settle in I would rather stay home with the one I love stage... So when will you find out if you are.. And don't worry or stress it does more harm than good..... Pregnant or not...... I had a few drinks the first month before I found out I was pregnant with this one.. And everything indicates that she is just fine..