Probably a false alarm.. but.....

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2009, 03:56 PM
DH and I have been having a rocky time for the last year or so. He's an uncontrolled diabetic and his irrationality and rages have been taking a toll.

on friday the 7th we had one of our rare moments of sex. Saturday it dawned on me that I could be close to ovulating. Did some looking online and of course I was. Depending on the length of this cycle it was either the very first day we stood a chance of conceiving... or a couple of days closer. Usually I'm a lot more aware of when I'm close to conceiving. On Sunday he came home from work looking for a fight and picked one over something that didn't even involve him. That was day 1 of a 6 day temper tantrum by him on all sorts of topics. I was faulted, my decisions were faulted, my friends are terrible, I'm a bad mother (2.5 year old son), etc etc etc. Some things he comes out with you just look at him and think "huh!?" Yesterday was the first day he wasn't pissed during the day, but by now I'm barely speaking to him... actually just in reply to his questions. He won't make any decisions (such as dinner) and wants me to decide. One of the events of the past week blew what little trust I did have in him and as far as I'm concerned the marriage is over.

On the 12th I had slight brownish discharge, today I started cramping which was constant for me for the first several weeks while pg with our son. While it's probably nothing I can't help but think of how terrible the timing will be and how much more fighting will occur as I don't care if I'm pregnant. I won't stay in a marriage like this just because I'm pregnant. Of course this is all I can think of as well. sigh.
August 18th, 2009, 06:07 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
Of course you don't have to stay in an abusive relationship just because you're pregnant! It wouldn't be good for you or your children. I'm sorry that you're going through this but you sound like you have a good head on your shoulders and that you're ready to make positive changes in your life. Good luck and keep us posted!

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
August 21st, 2009, 08:43 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I hope everything works out

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
September 17th, 2009, 03:13 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope everything works out.

Good Luck

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

September 17th, 2009, 03:38 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First of all, I think you should get out of this marriage if it is so bad. It isn't easy being a single mom (and pregnant on top of that) but for your own sanity you need to take care of yourself either way. If he doesn't respect you and your needs then you need to do what is best for you.

If you feel that counceling can save your marriage and there is hope then he needs to show you that he is committed to you, your child and the one on the way (if you are pregnant). You need to tell him that. By speaking to you in a negative way, and putting you down instead of being supportive he is doing nothing but breaking down your self esteem.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but I have been there. I left him 14 years ago and have not looked back.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search