How did I get myself into this mess?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2009, 12:09 AM
I recently had a one night stand with my boss. Obviously, it was a huge mistake. However, what's done is done. Upon being two weeks late, I took a pregnancy test. Positive. I have no idea what to do from here. Both of us would probably lose our jobs if I came forward with anything. I personally know his gf and their son. This is the biggest mess ever. Any advice?
August 18th, 2009, 06:10 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
Do you want to keep the baby? If so I would say that you'll probably need to tell him about it. He will need to pay child support and be a father if he is willing. You could raise the little bub on your own but I would still say that he needs to know. It's not the biggest mess ever, you can and will get through this. It always seems worse in the midst of it.

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
August 18th, 2009, 12:32 PM
alicia1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't really have much advice to offer, but I wish you the best of luck. We all have done things in the past we're not proud of, but you're human. No one's perfect. Hopefully you'll be able to come up with the best solution for yourself. Do you want to keep the baby? I would think long and hard about it. Only you can decide. I'd still tell your boss, but he can't control you. Just hopefully he'll support you on whatever you decide to do.
Just take care of yourself. Your workplace doesn't have to know what goes on in your personal life.

August 18th, 2009, 01:25 PM
SerendipitysChild's Avatar Super Mommy
I know that feeling! Never thought I would find myself in the spot of being pregnant and wondering what I was going to do. I originally was going to make the choice to terminate because my SO did not want this. After LOTS of soul searching I decided that if I terminated I would have to live with that forever and I made the choice to keep this baby. I wont lie, it has been very difficult, I only have one good friend who supports my decision and I have my family but there are many people who constantly tell me it was a stupid decision including the father of this child.
At the end of the day you need to follow your heart and the rest will be stuff you can work around. If you choose to terminate make sure it is YOUR choice and not something you are bullied into doing!!

Best of luck to you in your difficult situation.

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my fabulous fall siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search