Single mom's out there

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2009, 08:53 AM
i am a singal parent i have been for 4 years. (4 year old son) things have been really tough but i have managed to keep things together. so i start dating this guy recently and we hit it off really well.

well to make a long story short to well lol i took a pregnancy test two weeks ago and it came out positive. i told my BF and he was really shocked at first and then happy. my shock was how supportive he is of this whole situation. but deep down i cant help but think that he is going to run away.

i live with my parents currently and they are very upset about the situation my mom wants me to stay until the baby is born to take the stresses of all that off of me. my dad on the other hand wants me to put the baby up for adoption and when i told him no, then he told me that as soon as im able he wants me out and that he basically doesnt want anything to do with the baby. and my siblings have shunned me as well. I have the support of all my friends 100%. and i am greatful for that. the road infront of me is going to be hard but i hope that i will make it the best i can.

is there anyone out there that has that much on there plate???
that feels like the world is bearing down on them faster and faster....
August 29th, 2009, 07:43 PM
lilflower
I'm a single mom. And facing a very unexpected pregnancy. When are you due? You could join me in the April DDC.
August 31st, 2009, 07:37 AM
i am due may 5th
September 2nd, 2009, 05:46 PM
andrews_sweetie's Avatar First Time Momma.
I am having an unplanned pregnancy & im due is Jan.
September 17th, 2009, 03:32 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi honey. I am glad your boyfriend is being so supportive, not all men are like the father of your sweet child.

I have been a single mom for 14 years. I have 3 boys ages 18, 17, and 14. It has been a hard road at times and I have had to make many sacrifices but I don't regret even a second of it. My boys are so wonderful and they are my life.

As a parent, I understand how your dad is feeling. He really doesn't mean what he is saying, he probably only wants what is best for you and it is hard for him to watch his baby girl go through stress and worry. Do what is best for you, right now it feels like the world is crashing around you but when you get older you will look back and say it was all worth it. Children are such a blessing and the most amazing gift that you can give yourself.

Many hugs to you.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

Tags
single moms

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search