Went to do my registries...with the ex

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Telucero's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Telucero
Sorry so long.
The ladies at work who are giving me my baby shower asked me if I would do my registries this weekend. So I thought I'd be nice and ask the ex-fiance if he wanted to go - he is the father after all. He finally gets there and he decides to act like a kid the whole time, he was excited that I invited him. However, he did nothing the whole time. I did the one at Babies R Us w/o him (on purpose, I guess) and when we went to Target all he did was want to look at stuff for himself. I mean, I guess I figured him wrong. I though when I asked him to go with me that he might actually look at stuff for the baby??? So then when we were done he was like, 'So can we hang out?" (I really didn't want to) and me being nice and not having the ability to say no, I was like "Well, I do need to go to the mall," so he went with me. I was really hungry and was getting a slice a pizza, when he comes up behind me and says, "Watcha doin?" I replied, "Getting something to eat." (Duh!!!!) Then, he asked, "Oh, can I get something too?" I sighed and replied, "I guess." I mean, shouldn't he be the one OFFERING to buy me lunch???? Then he got SOOOOOOOOOO pissy because I did not want to buy him anything to eat. ***??? He ends up telling me its no big deal and "I'll just get my own." (with a frown) Anyway, somehow his pizza got onto my order, not a big deal, $3, I really wasn't paying attention, I just wanted my d*mn pizza, (I'm a pregnant lady, just gimme some food, ya know?). I give the guy my debit card and pay, he gives me a tray with two slices, and then put it together why it was as much as it was. I really wasn't going to stoop to his level and throw a fit about it. When we sat down to eat, he dissappeared for a couple of minutes and comes back and throws $3 at me, and says, "HERE!" UHHHG! Anyway, after that we to the maternity stores, I needed clothes, of which, he also didn't understand, I was just like, "Uh, what do you want me to do? Patch up all my size 6's and 8's like a quilt and wear that? Not like you're paying for any of it." Honestly, does he not see my stomach growing by the minute and I need more than three pairs of pants, especially for work? Then I walked into Gymboree just to look at baby stuff and found a cute pair of booties for $.99 (cents), and I said "oh how cute, and so cheap!" to which he replies, "Well you have $3 in your purse from a lousy piece of pizza, get them." Honestly, I guess I am expecting too much from him to act mature. Is he really in that much denial about the fact that he has a baby on the way he needs to support. UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGG! I hate him so much. I am so embarassed, out of all the guys in the world and I am having HIS child. I just want to take my baby and run away.

Thanks for listening.

</a>
March 27th, 2006, 05:25 AM
Veteran
How immature! It sounds like it's a good thing that he's your ex-fiance.
Madeline 9/25/96
Kyle 10/19/04
March 27th, 2006, 05:39 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
what a jerk!..it was nice of you to include him in on something involving the baby but if hes going to act like that i wouldnt include him in on anything else..talk about being immature..i would of been really pissed off if i were you..guys could be such *#^$(#& sometimes..i hope he changes when the baby comes and doesnt act immature anymore!

March 27th, 2006, 07:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
Well first give yourself a pat on the back for a) including him and B) putting up with his crap while ya'll were out together. It sounds like he needs to realize that ya'lls baby isn't a game that it's real and now is the time for him to grow up. I'm sorry that you had to put up with all of that. Maybe things will get better for you!!!
Northcutt2Be
March 27th, 2006, 07:28 AM
nat81
(((HUGS)))...just thought you might need that! Yeah, he totally sounds immature... i'm so sorry. It's funny 'cause he actually sounds like one of my ex's! I'm so glad I didn't get pregnant with his kid.... Anyway, you're doing a great job on your own. Keep it up and you'll be just fine without him .
March 27th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Wisey
I am so sorry you had to go through that.

I am so lucky my b/f is loving every min of my pregnancy!
March 27th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Like Northcutt said Kuddos!

<-- those would be my facial expressions after all of his comments.

So good for you for being the bigger person!
March 27th, 2006, 10:38 PM
winnowill's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Alot bigger than I would have been. I would have had to have punched him.

March 28th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow! Way to go for not kicking his stupid butt and then spitting on him after, not to mention taking the "lousy" slice of pizza and shoving it down his pants while still scolding hot!!! Jus tthe fact that you were nice enough to include him...Man, what an immature dink!
Obviously all his drinking killed a few too many brain cells for him to function properly.

Good for you to have left when you did! He's obviously not ready for marriage, let alone a baby!

Don't let him get under your skin too much. Just remember that you're the bigger person and he's just a dumb-a**!!!!
March 28th, 2006, 11:40 AM
JennieMarie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennieMarie
I give you all the respect for being the better person and dealing with his immature ways.... but you are better off without him an done day he will finally realizes his actions and know he is the one to blame and that is that day you will recieve your satification! Good Luck with everything!
Mommy: 24 Daddy: 27 Jianna Marie (10/20) @ 9:09 AM 6lbs. 6 oz. & 19 1/2 inches long

March 30th, 2006, 02:13 PM
mommytutu's Avatar mom to Emma & Jacqueline
I wouldn't have expected my fiance to behave very well shopping for baby stuff. When I went to do my regestries he played in the toy section the whole time. =p He hates shopping, but once I started buying stuff he couldn't wait to put it together and see what it could do.

Your ex-fiance was way out of line the whole time though. He sounds so immature, and it's probably a good thing that he is the ex. I just hope he grows up some before your little one gets here. He has to be mature and responsible if he wants to be a part of his childs life.

March 31st, 2006, 07:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Maybe he thought he was being cute...he has that whole Peter Pan thing going on....

Good for you on inviting him....he is your baby's father and should be involved in as much as possible.

Does he work or have other responsibilities? Where did he get the $3 that he threw at you? Where did he disappear to? Did he go beg for it like a bum on the street to pay for his meal?

You sure have a lot of patience for a pregnant lady. A good quality for moms to be

I love my 3 girls and little boy:

Mom to Jessica - 19 yrs old, Amber - 18 yrs old, Sebastian - 2 months
April 3rd, 2006, 11:48 AM
Telucero's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Telucero
Thank you ladies sooooo much for your comments on this one. Your support on this so helpful.

pcgirl, I have no clue where he disappeared to. I didn't even care to ask, at that point I was just wanting to eat and get the experience over with. After I thought about it, I assumed that he had gone to the ATM. Who knows? Knowing him he probably went outside and told people he needed gas money.

The thing why it is so frustrating for me is that he does have a daughter who is 10! AND he's an ELEMENTARY TEACHER!!! Oh my god, seriously, now that I see this in writing, how obnoxious. You'd think he'd be more clued in by now. UHHHHHG! At 36 aren't most people a little more conscious of what responsibilities are?

The best part is, all that was last Sunday, so then he leaves me a message on Tuesday asking if I want to go to his house for dinner and have my feet rubbed. What in the h*ll? Does anyone have a clue what kind of drug he might be on?

LIKE I SAID AT THE START OF THIS POST, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS!

</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search