kinda in confusion???

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2009, 09:17 AM
im 7 months- gona have a baby girl!! she was unexpected but welcomed happily.. ive had an on and off bfn for 2 years... and we broke up this feb for a whole month! (thats a long time for us) and during that time was the first time i had ever been with another man in about 3 years.
im 19 years old and hispanic, so me being pregnant isnt seen as such a bad thing- but thats because its assumed that the bby is my bfn's... because who knoes i was with a black man? haha so we really wont need a paternity test to see whos the daddy because my bfn is latino.
but the last time i talked to the black guy was march 23.. and i found out i was pregnant VERY late (almost 6 months), so i knoe that its hard to find out an exact (or even a close) conception date. sooooo in mid sept. when i found out i was pregnant... they said that i was 23 weeks, so i tried to count back AND i added 15 days (because its my first pregnancy) and the conception date would/should be about march 29 or 30 and everytime i go to the doctor they say im farther and farther along than i should be if the first estimation was correct.
also ive heard that sperm can live inside for about 2 weeks before its expelled or dies or (idk?) and i guess im just tryna see what could happen.. and im wishful thinking- because i knoe that for the whole 2 years i was with my bfn, we had unprotected sex about everyday, and i never got pregnant... BUT i also heard that sperm warfare could activate pregnancy and im HOPING that thats what happened and its my bfn's child inside of me- i hate to say it but frankly id rather it be my bestfriend in the world's baby and not by the man who i dont love...

either way she will be loved more than anything!!
November 13th, 2009, 10:02 AM
BigGrin's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've read your post a few times but still have trouble making heads or tails of it. When they measure your baby they can actually give you an estimated time of conception, have they not done that? In the end I think you will need to have a paternity test since your child deserves to know who is the biological father.

As far as the ethnicities of the suspected fathers go, a child born from an african-american father can look very different from a child born from a latino or caucasion father. (the hair can be quite different) So keeping something like this a secret because you think the man won't discern the difference is a bad idea. You may also want to ask you OBGYN to run a HIV test since there was no protection used. (it is standard to run basic STD tests on all pregnancies but not always HIV)

Good luck with your future daughter and I hope things turn out well for the both of you.

I dropped a tear in the ocean, and whenever they find it I’ll stop loving you, only then. ~Unknown
November 13th, 2009, 02:37 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am also confused with your post.

Good Luck though

I agree your daughter deserves to know who her father is

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

November 19th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Dear Isagri,
I actually had a friend who went through a similar situation, having doubts as to who the true father of her child was. There is a way of doing a paternity test while pregnant however CVS or amnio methods can cause a higher risk of miscarriage. SHe decided that the risk was too high but still REALLY wanted to do the test. She was able to find a lab in Toronto that can run a Prenatal Paternity Test off of the mother's blood sample and father's swab samples alone. They were very helpful and my friend was overjoyed that she could still do this test and not have to put needles in her stomach or anywhere near her baby It is an expensive test but worth it if you can't wait until the child is born to know. Best of luck!!!!

Tags
mixed-races , paternity , sperm warfare , unknown conception date

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search