I'm so worried about money...

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2006, 03:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
Well the topic pretty much sums it up. As most of you know, we just moved to a new city where the cost of living is considerably higher then where we were at before. Well my fiance did get a raise (we were thinking it was a lot more then what it really was) but in reality it was only 60 dollars more per pay check, and our rent is a $110 more then it was in our other town. I started applying for jobs almost as soon as we got here (I've applied at at least 15) and nobody has called me on any of them. I'm just so worried b/c money is so tight, and I worry that we won't have enough after the baby's here if we can barely afford all of our bills now. I'm just so worried and I don't know what to do, and my fiance doesn't even worry about it at all, and I'm just so depressed over the whole situation. My mom pays my car payment and my car insurance which helps us out very much, my fiance's truck is paid off, and yet we're still lacking money. My mom would send us money if I asked, but I guess I'm just too proud to ask her for it. I just wish there was something I could do. Sorry I'm sitting here feeling sorry for myself. I know there are people out there with less then us, but I just wish that things were better. If you have any advice or comments please share them. Thanks for listening, girls.
Northcutt2Be
March 31st, 2006, 06:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
When are you guys getting married?

I know when you get married stuff like your car insurance goes down

I guess just hang in there and send out your resumes to places and fill out more applications.

Things will work out, have faith
March 31st, 2006, 07:49 PM
Nancy
Take it from someone who was pg at 16 and had a baby at 17. You WILL always find a way to get by. In a lot of areas theres is WIC which at least covers the baby's formula. And my mom has always said if anybody waited until they had the money for a child then most people would never have kids. just try to relax and everything will work out.
April 1st, 2006, 08:42 AM
Lekilig86's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh im right there with you though, you will find a way to get by, trust yourself and your fiance.
Me and b/f are only 20 and he just got a job a couple days ago (not a good one at all) And just finished paying off his debt. Then there's me with no job at all and debt sky high...I will try to find a work-at-home job or something if i can. We'll be barely scraping by but it looks like we'll get through somehow. You seem in a better position than a lot of women are right now though...keep your head up and keep looking. Don't forget to try working from home if you might be interested in doing something like that. I plan on using Medicaid for pregnant women, and i'd rather not use any other form of gov't help, but if that helps you then i'd look into it. Also like Nancy suggested, WIC or foodstamps you might qualify for, but im not sure...just look into your options and you'll pull through, trust me!

</a>
<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a>
</div>
April 2nd, 2006, 10:24 AM
mommytutu's Avatar mom to Emma & Jacqueline
I agree. You should definately look into WIC, Medicaid, and Foodstamps.

I'm still waiting on foodstamps, but WIC and Medicaid have saved me thousands of dollars in food and medical bills.

I doubt you're not getting hired because you are pregnant. You are only 13 weeks, so people probably can't even tell you are!

As a last resort, you can look into being a nanny/baby sitter. It'll give you some experiance with kids, as well as much needed pay. Try posting an add in the paper.

You can also post a ad on craigslist. I did it, and I got almost 50 callbacks/emails. Just got here:

http://austin.craigslist.org/about/cities.html

and click on the city closest to you. You can search through wanted ads, as well as post your own ad.

Good luck!

April 2nd, 2006, 10:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
Thanks so much for the support and replies. To answer one of your questions about the reason for moving, my fiance got transferred for his work, so we had to move here where the cost of living is higher, and they didn't even give him much of a raise. Thanks again for ya'lls replies!
Northcutt2Be
April 3rd, 2006, 09:01 AM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
you could look for temp positions for work -

i'm real worried about $ too, but i think somehow it'll allw ork out okay . ..
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

April 3rd, 2006, 12:17 PM
Telucero's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Telucero
Hey, girl I just wanted to put my two cents in on this too.

You know I left my fiance. That was seriously the hardest decision of my life. I will totally admit to staying because I was so worried about the money, I am an early childhood teacher, and he is an elementary teacher, with the two of us together we had just enough money left over after rent and all that maybe we could rent movies. Listen to Nancy, you will always find a way to get by. I know it is soooo hard, but just have faith that everything will ok. It will be. I truly doubt anyone will let you go homeless or hungry. Like the others said, WIC is the best. The support they provide is extremely helpful. That may be a pride issue for you too, but it takes a lot of the worry away.

Please feel free to PM if you need to chat about money worries, that's my the story of my life.

Oh, yeah, and I missed where you moved to and from?

</a>
April 3rd, 2006, 03:18 PM
Justmeandmyguys's Avatar Veteran
I know how u feel. my df and I have student loan coming out the ***!!!!!! He does have a job he went to college for but nobody starts out at top pay! I would just look into cutting things, maybe cable, change phone plans, shop for store brands and buy in bulk. Maybe start buying baby things little by little, like a pack of diapers and wipes here, a pack of onesies here and also are u having a baby shower? It will save u a ton! Hope that helps!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search