Oh dear, I made a big purchase today...

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2006, 04:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey all...Just wanted to share my good/scary news!! I just bought myself a nice new toy!!! A NEW CAR!!! EEEEEEEK! I was driving a crappy little '97 Neon that was falling apart on me, and I knew it was time for a new car considering I have baby on the way and need a way more reliable vehicle...well, so today, I bought one!!! It's a 2007 Toyota Yaris!!! Here's a pic of it!! I get to pick it up on Tuesday night! Yay!!! No more climbing over the passenger seat just to OPEN THE DRIVER'S SIDE DOOR!!!!! wooohooo!!!! The minute I pick it up, I'm going to set up the baby's car seat in it!!! lol

April 1st, 2006, 05:27 PM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
Awesome!!! Congratulations on your new purchase! BTW, your belly looks so cute!

Always missing my 4 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12, 11/27/14
April 1st, 2006, 05:55 PM
ashley *'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, that SOO cool. And it's so CUTE too! LOL. I've wanted a car for like 17 years, hah. I need to kinda split the money I make working, some for my car, some for my kid, lol. (Hey, I'm gonna need a car to take him/her to the doctors and stuff, that how I figure it ) But CONGRATS and that belly does look so cute
April 1st, 2006, 06:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
Yea for Brigitte!!!!! I'm so excited for you!! I wish I could get a new car. *Tear. Well at least you and the baby will be safe and comfortable!! Congrats once again!!
Northcutt2Be
April 1st, 2006, 06:30 PM
Lekilig86's Avatar Super Mommy
Hey just wanted to say, NICE ride! Luuuuuucky girl u are! Don't feel bad about making a big purchase today--B/f made a big purchase today too

</a>
<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a>
</div>
April 1st, 2006, 07:30 PM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
its a really nice car!! its well worth it because u need something that is reliable for you and your little girl....no driving fast! hehe just kidding!!

April 1st, 2006, 07:48 PM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hurray for the cute toyota!!
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

April 2nd, 2006, 09:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks guys, I need to hear some positive stuff about it...I was looking over my financial stuff today and started thinking to myself "how the heck am I going to afford this car!!!!" lol Well, it's being financed, and the payments aren't too bad. I mean, I go on mat leave in a month and a half, and when I do, I don't have to pay for rent or bills or anything, since my wonderful b/f is going to be supporting me and baby...so that takes like $500.00 off of my "bills" each month. And it'll be no problem to make the payments at that point. The only thing that really sucks is that the insurance for it is SOMEHOW a lot higher than my crappy, easy-to-break-into, the-breaks-can-fail-at-any-time-and-cause-a-huge-accident NEON!!! Weird! THey say it's cuz it's a foreign made car, but I know it's just a scam to make more money off of me!! lol

And thanks for the belly compliments...I was just telling my b/f the other day that I looked like a freak of nature with that huge thing protruding out of me!! lol But if there's one thing that I truly believe, is that pregnant bellies are the most beautiful thing in the world, and pregnant woman are the most beautiful they've ever been! Even if we all don't feel like it some days!
April 2nd, 2006, 11:15 AM
mommytutu's Avatar mom to Emma & Jacqueline
Oh! I love that car!

I, myself, am investing in a new car, a 2005 Chevy Empala. I haven't bought it yet, but I'm going to soon.

I had a 1999 Mustang before, and I can't fit a rear-facing car seat in the back. I hated it anyways, so it's a good excuse for me to get something I want. =p

April 2nd, 2006, 12:47 PM
Lekilig86's Avatar Super Mommy
Yeah i think you did good with a Toyota, they tend to last a good while!!! I mean a good while. I have a car made by toyota company and im still driving it good at 250,000 miles on it. Also dad's got a toyota he bought several years ago, in brand new condition.

</a>
<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a>
</div>
April 2nd, 2006, 05:02 PM
irishxrose
That is such a cute car!! That is awesome that you got something for yourself; it's always nice to treat ourselves to a little something.
April 2nd, 2006, 05:51 PM
Mommy2Ethan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
toyotas are like the most stolen car on the world... so that is why the insurance is higher... i have a toyota solara and the insurance skyrocketed to to the brand and year... toyotas last forever!

Ethan Michael 4/13/2006 8 lbs 12 oz 19 inches
Hunter Evan 7/29/2010 9 lbs 1 oz 20 1/2 inches
~Having a baby on my chest being serenaded by my beating heart is nothing short of amazing...~

April 3rd, 2006, 06:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So Ella, what will happen if you and your vehicle aren't at home, and hubby is home with the baby, and she needs to go to the doctors or something? How will he take her there if he can't put the car seat in either one of his vehicles?? Hmmmm....I'd be telling him that he can have your car, and you get to have one of his fun ones!!!! lol
April 3rd, 2006, 09:52 AM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
(army) boys and their cars! lol. we're in nyc, so we're clearly not using either car (i have a corolla, he has an overly sporty mitsubishi lancer that's way too much money) and yet . . . we still have both. duh.
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search