Newly single & expecting

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Hi everyone. My boyfriend and I broke up last night just before I got my positive test results. I'm feeling pretty scared and alone right now, and hoping to find some people to chat with here that can understand what I'm going though.

You can read a more detailed description of my situation in my intro on the welcome board.
December 5th, 2009, 12:33 PM
iMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi seeka and welcome! I just read your story on the welcome page. I am 27 and single and found out that I was pregnant about three weeks ago (I'm 8 weeks along now), so it sounds like we are in similar situations. I am sorry to hear that things with your boyfriend didn't work out, but at the end of the day I think it's better to be a single mother than one who is in an unhappy or unhealthy relationship.

I know what you mean about feeling at little guilty about getting pregnant without really having to try or under less than ideal circumstances when there are other women out there who are struggling to conceive under the "ideal circumstances." Even before I was pregnant I knew that if I ever did get pregnant I would keep the child. I am a huge fan of adoption (I was adopted myself when I was three weeks old), but it is not the right choice for me (nor is abortion -- I'm pro-choice, but again not for myself). I think that I will be able to provide a happy, healthy, and stable home for the child regardless of whether or not the father chooses to be involved (it sounds like he will play some part after the baby is born, but he does not agree with my decision to keep it and has not been very kind to me since finding out).

Have you told the baby's father yet? How about anybody else? Have you started taking prenatal vitamins? If not, you should start doing so right away.

I'm sorry to hear about your insurance situation -- that is rough. Prenatal care is important, though, so make it a priority if you can. I was told by my insurance company that the billing for prenatal stuff aside from the initial visit is usually done after the baby is delivered, so you may be able to have appointments and not worry about payments until later. Good luck!

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk more.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search