unplanned pregnancies - how did it happen?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2009, 05:56 AM
Adam&Kaydence'sMommy's Avatar formerly wiseg2
DS was planned but this one was definetly not.

We got some condoms from a lady associated with the WIC program. I discovered that some of them had holes in them. I thought I threw all of those away. But apparently not.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
December 28th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Veteran
well my third baby is an unplanned baby as i even took the morning after pill but what can i say im happy i just hope everything works out
January 2nd, 2010, 01:17 AM
Veteran
Pull and pray method.
02/12/2013 Maria & Paula was born

January 10th, 2010, 08:09 PM
caitie_pie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to caitie_pie
I was raped...

Thank you Julka for my amazing Siggy<3
January 10th, 2010, 08:33 PM
mrsrowe2b
My first and only pregnancy, (SO FAR), was when I switched from one pill to another and the doctor never told me that it wouldn't take affect right away. So my ex and I DTD thinking we were safe... A month later AF was late, took a test, was pregnant, about a week later had AF. Found out it was a chemical pregnancy.
January 11th, 2010, 11:08 AM
ma9321's Avatar Veteran
Long story short... I'm married to a man that I had a very bad relationship with.... and 3 of my kiddos with. We seperated.. a few months later I met a guy that I thought was awesome, fell in love and starting having sex with. We always used condoms. One night we were too much into it and just didnt want to use one.... he pulled out and we prayed. I took Plan B hoping it would work. Apparently not!!! The guy just recently broke up with me and turns out he's seeing other girls.... he thinks I don't know it.
Throughout this whole time, my husband "regrets" everything and has been after me to give him another chance.... He's willing to take the baby in and take full responsability... I'm just giving it time and praying to God to Guide me in the right direction. My baby is a blessing from God and I love it regardless.

I'm 16 wks BTW.
January 19th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Larudy24's Avatar Veteran
I was on Micro Nor with this one and I took at anti biotic with it because i had a tooth infection , guess that makes it less effectiv. ! month exactly before i was supposed to have a hysterectomy too!
But now we are excited.
January 19th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Pull and Pray Method
January 20th, 2010, 04:14 PM
SerendipitysChild's Avatar Super Mommy
I was on the BC pill and have always had fertility issues when I WAS trying to conceive so this little man defied all kinds of odds!! I kept him even though his donor hated me and threatened me for it. Left the donor (sorry, he threatened myself and the baby so I don't think he is worthy of the term Father) and am looking forward to my son's arrival in April!!!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my fabulous fall siggy!
January 21st, 2010, 09:39 AM
Regular
I was over 40 at the time and we had our last child almost 6 years before we conceived this last baby. I was not using birth control and hadn't used it since late in 2002. I didn't think I needed it being over 40 and having irregular periods. I didn't even think I was ovulating anymore. My DH and I rarely had sex with our hectic lives but yet this one single time we did do the deed it stuck and we got pregnant. I was scared for the first few months of the pregnancy because I did not want another baby this late in life. My life was all set and wonderful, no little kids in the house, both were school aged and EASY. But I got used to the idea during the pregnancy and by the time she was born she was completely wanted by us. Our baby girl is a wonderful little addition to our family. I hate that I'm an older mom but she will be loved and cared for like her older siblings always have.
(2009)
February 10th, 2010, 01:10 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I had 10 years infertilty but when on the BCP to regulate my cycle and make sure i did not get pregnant and the next month I was pregnant. Go figure.

The second one we weren't trying or preventing as we had just given up on fertility treatment. The three losses and current pregnancy are abouit the same.
February 17th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Loving My Piglets
Lacey was one night of no contraception (i just thought i would not fall preg since it took 5 months & 6 months with the first two)

Lucas was one night no contraception but i swear i had already ovulated i had all the signs i told DH i could not get pregnant as i already ovulated i was that sure!

R (9) 24.04.06 - our little angel
R (8) 07.06.07
L (7) 05.06.08
L (5) 26.04.10
C (2) 15.02.13

Expecting baby boy (L) 9.09.15

April 9th, 2010, 11:44 AM
this is my third. its the magical miraculous baby. we used protection..i was on 25 of my 33 day cycle and it was the only time in two weeks that we had "relations". this baby is just eager
April 9th, 2010, 01:21 PM
LostAlongTheWay's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to LostAlongTheWay
I was on birth control when I got pregnant. I was on the patch, and he also used a condom. I am one of those really low numbered statistics I guess. To top it off, we had sex a grand total of two times, with two forms of birth control, and I still managed to get pregnant. Blessing in disguise, I suppose?

April 10th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We weren't using protection...at all. So it makes sense. However, I have been having unprotected sex for years now, with my current dbf and with my ex, and never once got pregnant (I am 23). So I really thought I had a fertility problem, even though for the most part I knew when I ovulated and usually avoided those days. I guess the timing was just right when we conceived!
April 30th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Veteran
i had a baby last april(2009) and they cut my medical 1 week later. because i was going back on the iud ($500-700) i wasnt able to get back on you have to wait the full weeks to make sure your uterus goes back to normal size. needless to say i dont have a spare $500-700 dollars lol so 5months later here comes baby #4. but #1 i was on the shot, #2 I was on the patch. #3 was the only planned baby lol. got my last iud out in on april9 2008, was pregnant by august 2008

May 2nd, 2010, 12:17 AM
jhall2470's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to jhall2470
We hadn't been using anything for about 3 years. We tried a couple years ago and couldn't get pregnant so I honestly thought that it was just never going to happen and then guess what, I had a beautiful baby girl in Feb. When I told DH I was pregnant he thought I was lying, it was acutally pretty funny.

May 6th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Super Mommy
I was on the patch when I got pregnant with my son.
May 6th, 2010, 03:11 PM
I was on bc and we used the pull out and now we are pregnant. I think allergy medication interfered with my bc or something... maybe.
May 6th, 2010, 06:44 PM
brookenicole's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow! I started this post months ago back when I was still TTC, and I can't believe it's still going!
Amazing to see everyone's responses, some of them good, some of them not so good! But ultimately we are strong women and can handle whatever comes our way : )

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search