unplanned pregnancies - how did it happen?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Went to Bunco one night and drank too many margaritas!! Came home and attacked hubby and apparently told him NOT to get the condoms. Woke up the next morn and went OMG!!!! Now here we are 6 weeks later and due in January.
May 16th, 2010, 09:37 PM
RuPaul-O-Saurus's Avatar Super Mommy
Getting pregnant was a little different for me, almost 4 years ago (@ 24 yrs old) I suffered a severe blood clot in my leg as a side effect from birth control that I had taken for several years. As a result of that I was told that I cannot EVER use any type of BC that contains hormones, since I had been in a long term relationship with my SO, we figured...whatever happens, happens. Well 3 1/2 years passed, we never used protection...and I never got pregnant. I have always had very irregular menstrual cycles so when my cycle was late last October I thought it was just another irregularity, come to find out I was pregnant! I found out right before Halloween and couldn't have been happier! Considering I am high risk (diabetic) I did have my reservations, but everything has been great. Anyway, that's my story. Unplanned but very exciting to say the least!
May 18th, 2010, 01:08 PM
BC baby. Careful, never missed a pill and hubby and I couldnt be happier. Shocked....but happy
May 31st, 2010, 12:41 PM
Nailz's Avatar Member
Send a message via AIM to Nailz Send a message via MSN to Nailz Send a message via Yahoo to Nailz
i was on the pill AND antibyotics and i didnt wait long enought (well i didnt realize till it was too late opps)..still i am happy it failed i never felt so happy now =D
June 8th, 2010, 11:25 AM
sbobodalka's Avatar Super Mommy
I got pregnant from the ol pull and pray. Although it worked for about 4 years. My grandmother had passed away on the 27th of april and I got pregnant on the 1st or 2nd of may and it made me think Grandma is playing games with me...LOL
June 26th, 2010, 07:48 AM
SherrieAnn's Avatar 1st time Mama FEB2011
After being on and off of different BC's I became preg. with #1! Scared and excited at the same time. Currently I'm 6 weeks and 2 days
July 20th, 2010, 01:09 AM
We used a method kinda like withdrawl.
He never got close. When I was done, he stopped.
September 9th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was on the mini-pill while BFing my son, and didn't realize that you had to take it within an hour of the same time every day.

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
September 9th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Veteran
I'm on the pill, thyroid issues and refused to use condoms since I was allergic to them. I would always pee right after sex to reduce our chances even more and with his age (58), I really didn't think it would be possible for us but I always knew there was that chance. Of course it would happen to me. So here I sit, waiting for my first doctors appt tomorrow at 10:15.

I have health issues (high blood pressure, asthma, diabetic) so I'm not sure how this is going to play out. I'm scared to death becuase if the doctor says my body can't handle it, I'm going to have to make a choice but I also can't afford to be bed ridden for 9 months.
September 16th, 2010, 12:10 AM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
Absolutely zero protection... my DD's father was the first guy I'd ever been with, & I was hella naive... "oh, the DR told me I can't have kids" ... I seriously fell for that... but we did do pull & pray, & it worked for 6 months!

Boy was I shocked & pissed when I found out he COULD have kids (not cause of the pregnancy, but the lie)... I swear I would've made him unable.
September 17th, 2010, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xshootingstarx View Post
We used a method kinda like withdrawl.
He never got close. When I was done, he stopped.
September 22nd, 2010, 08:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Used a condom, it broke, took plan b, here I am. mannnnn.

September 23rd, 2010, 03:25 PM
conley1988
My oldest was a result of GHB being slipped in my drink at 15.

My Mirena was not inserted right although she claims it was knocked loose during sex.
September 26th, 2010, 04:53 PM
peace.love.audrey
I was told I was infertile due to progesterone issues (I took clomid for 4 months and never ovulated once). My ex and I tried off and on for probably 6 years with no bfp. I lost 85lbs, slept with my ex one drunken night and got pregnant.
September 28th, 2010, 05:22 PM
straysd0ntsleep's Avatar Veteran
Oh dear. Had too much to drink one night, and me and boyfriend decided to use absolutely no protection and see what happened. Well...guess what happened?!
October 1st, 2010, 09:22 AM
i was on the pill for 5 months - just changed brands due to headaches last month. i have not missed a single pill and followed the instructions to the letter but here i am pregnant.
October 4th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Veteran
Pull and pray
EDD: 07/03/2013

October 5th, 2010, 08:32 PM
I was very, very ill about a week earlier and it turns out that I must have vomited (TMI, I know) out alot of the hormones from my birth control pills, so I did ovulate. My husband and I are still happy to be starting our family, though
October 6th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Ashley11
None was used, but now I am happy it was that way

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search